Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    Yuh huh, so incredibly nervous D: I'm guessing you are too?
    (Original post by ANONYM00SE)
    Yeah I am as well! I am terrified. Good luck!

:hugs: I'm sure you look lovely - hairdressers don't usually let you chop it off if it wouldn't suit you Chilled out and happy sounds awesome

oh dear :hugs: half an hour is better than nothing though right? If you need to chat you can always PM me you know that right :hugs:

I haven't had chicken for a while actually I know it's a crime
    Good luck you guys! Although I guess it's too late for luck xD the results are already there just have to be opened! Really hope you will get good ones that you need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    :hugs: I'm the same

Good luck! :yy:

Plus good luck everyone else!
    Thanks, you too!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If you leave the skin out, chicken is great. It's rather high in protein than fat or carbs.
    Yeah I know but just going on one of these gimmicky diets temporarily. Not like me at all I've always been the healthy eating person that refuses to diet but I guess we all give in at some point haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Good luck you guys! Although I guess it's too late for luck xD the results are already there just have to be opened! Really hope you will get good ones that you need!
    Haha that's true! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that's no good Maybe listen to some quiet music to calm you down? Some time ago listening to classical music on my Ipod at low volume helped me.

But yea, sleeping problems aren't easily fixed. My ex-roommate spent months learning relaxation techniques, listening to some sort of CDs
    I've got some on now (not really calming - punk) but it's not really helping to calm me down or distract me from what's going on. It's a good idea to try at night though thanks, I think I have some Mozart so I'll try that. Got nothing to lose anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys know what to do if you can't collect your results? We don't have any online thingy and I honestly don't think I can leave the house tomorrow. I'm so scared. Can I ring the school? Can they tell me? Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Do any of you guys know what to do if you can't collect your results? We don't have any online thingy and I honestly don't think I can leave the house tomorrow. I'm so scared. Can I ring the school? Can they tell me? Any help would be appreciated
    i THINK you can ring school hun, and if they know the issue, im sure they will let you know your results.

but youll be find
    :hugs:

everyone will be fine, if i did it, you all deffinately can :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    i THINK you can ring school hun, and if they know the issue, im sure they will let you know your results.

but youll be find
    :hugs:

everyone will be fine, if i did it, you all deffinately can :yep:
    Thanks hun :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start working in a bar next week. It sounds good and I know that the manager is doing a favour for my cousin giving me the job (she essentially is lying to her bosses about my experience to let me work there). She's even willing to let me work around current commitments since I technically volunteer in my current job which apparently means she is willing to be more flexible than if it was a "real job" :dontknow:
    I feel bad though because I heard from somebody today about a job I *really* want, they're going to pass my CV on but apparently the only thing going against me is that I don't have a driving license yet (I told them I was learning which is almost true). If I get that job I'm clearly going to take it but they it feels like I'm being unfair to the woman that's giving me the bar job. I can't do both since with the job I want I'd already be working 36 hours plus 12 at trampolining.
    My parents have said that I shouldn't be feeling anxious about it and that bar staff are always leaving but I just feel really guilty even though I haven't even done anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Didn't get any sleep last night. Was trying to think about stuff and couldn't for various reasons. I have some zopiclone somewhere but I can't find it so I'm stuck. The voices and walls are incredibly loud right now, I'm trying to hide in the bedroom but it's not really helping. I hate this.
    Try to make yourself realise that they're not real, try to say maybe they're not real. I know how hallucinations can be like, they're so frightening, but please don't hide in your room (I'm being hypocritical about this) because your just going to become drained by these voices. You shouldn't try to hide away because your paranoia multiplies.

Do you live with anyone? If you do go to them and try to talk about this problem, or, even better, talk about how your day has been.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some on now (not really calming - punk) but it's not really helping to calm me down or distract me from what's going on. It's a good idea to try at night though thanks, I think I have some Mozart so I'll try that. Got nothing to lose anyway.
    Don't know anything about your problems, but classical music helps me more than the new stuff (except some with good text), as it has this underlying logic mirroring in deep rooted harmonies and carefully thought over melodies. It's like an own world opening up in the real world.

Dvorak is really good and Bach. Schönberg again is crazy, too crazy too calm down for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Don't know anything about your problems, but classical music helps me more than the new stuff (except some with good text), as it has this underlying logic mirroring in deep rooted harmonies and carefully thought over melodies. It's like an own world opening up in the real world.

Dvorak is really good and Bach. Schönberg again is crazy, too crazy too calm down for me.
    You mean punk doesn't have carefully thought out melodies?

Thanks for the suggestions, I have spotify so I'll set it up to play classical tonight (and probably wake up with an urge to go to a ****ty college from the ads for it all night ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelybrummie)
    Try to make yourself realise that they're not real, try to say maybe they're not real. I know how hallucinations can be like, they're so frightening, but please don't hide in your room (I'm being hypocritical about this) because your just going to become drained by these voices. You shouldn't try to hide away because your paranoia multiplies.

Do you live with anyone? If you do go to them and try to talk about this problem, or, even better, talk about how your day has been.
    I'm pretty sure they are real and everyone is lying to me saying they're just in my head. You're right though that they're draining as hell, even more so when I haven't had any sleep. I live with my wife but she has a friend round so I can't talk to her. That's another reason for hiding - I don't want to freak out in front of her friend. It's embarrassing enough having to go in there to take my afternoon meds. I'm stuck on my own in here.

How're you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh. So much triggering stuff on the news recently and I dunno. It makes me just not want to exist in this world and I'm honestly not sure that is an overreaction or if that's quite normal.

Had CBT today and I didn't really be honest cos would have meant lots of crying and focus on staying safe. I don't want focus on staying safe. Feels like it's more productive when we talk about other stuff, and safety isn't really that important cos either I stay safe, in which case talking about other stuff is good, or I don't, in which case nothing matters anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they are real and everyone is lying to me saying they're just in my head. You're right though that they're draining as hell, even more so when I haven't had any sleep. I live with my wife but she has a friend round so I can't talk to her. That's another reason for hiding - I don't want to freak out in front of her friend. It's embarrassing enough having to go in there to take my afternoon meds. I'm stuck on my own in here.

How're you doing?
    Yes, they MAYBE real to you. But then again MAYBE they're not. Always remember the word maybe because I think it would help you to distinguish fantasy from reality. Try to battle your voices; fight fire with fire. Say to them you're not here, so you're not real. Be really calm with the voices, but be aggressive towards them. The voices are very manipulative but do not believe them, try to write something on your hand such as FAKE. Writing something like that would help you distinguish fantasy from reality

Have you tried to go outside, have you got any green areas near you? A stroll around your streets could help; fresh air, nice breeze and the noise of car engines will help those voices to go.

Try to sit in the same room with your wife and her friend, maybe a good conversation can help your voices to go away?

Do you have any hobbies?

I'm okay compared to me before taking my medication, I do still have very bad delusions but the voices and things I see have really toned down. My mood swings though are still very bad. One hour I could be very high and in that state I don't know what I'm doing, and the next hour I could be very down. I also don't know who I am, like I have a few people inside of me with completely different personalities. I keep having very violent thoughts as well, they have started to come into my dreams.

So really I am not doing well, but I feel much better than before actually and that makes me really happy.

Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good luck to everyone getting results tomorrow (not that it can be changed by wishing you luck). Hope you all get the grades you want and get to do what you want afterwards.
    I'm stressing out and I'm sure a lot of you are too, but there's nothing to now other than stay calm and wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand why I'm such a useless ****. I can't do anything right. Friends are being beyond ****ty. They're ignoring my messages, lying to me, being horrible, they're generally useless. All because I don't go out clubbing every weekend. I hate clubbing and it's too hard. I can't actually explain the **** they've put me through. I can't do it and I'm not strong enough to deal with it all. I feel like I need to run away cause it's too much but I'm not even strong enough to do that. Lying in bed all day weeping and despairing is my ****ing life. Flashbacks are so **** it hurts. I feel so low it hurts. Being kicked when I'm already down hurts. Everything ****ing hurts. :cry:

Also sorry I basically spam the thread at the moment and don't seem to have the capacity to be of any support or help. Big hugs to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Don't understand why I'm such a useless ****. I can't do anything right. Friends are being beyond ****ty. They're ignoring my messages, lying to me, being horrible, they're generally useless. All because I don't go out clubbing every weekend. I hate clubbing and it's too hard. I can't actually explain the **** they've put me through. I can't do it and I'm not strong enough to deal with it all. I feel like I need to run away cause it's too much but I'm not even strong enough to do that. Lying in bed all day weeping and despairing is my ****ing life. Flashbacks are so **** it hurts. I feel so low it hurts. Being kicked when I'm already down hurts. Everything ****ing hurts. :cry:

Also sorry I basically spam the thread at the moment and don't seem to have the capacity to be of any support or help. Big hugs to everyone
    Don't know what to say

but I can give you an e-hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what to say

but I can give you an e-hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelybrummie)
    Yes, they MAYBE real to you. But then again MAYBE they're not. Always remember the word maybe because I think it would help you to distinguish fantasy from reality. Try to battle your voices; fight fire with fire. Say to them you're not here, so you're not real. Be really calm with the voices, but be aggressive towards them. The voices are very manipulative but do not believe them, try to write something on your hand such as FAKE. Writing something like that would help you distinguish fantasy from reality

Have you tried to go outside, have you got any green areas near you? A stroll around your streets could help; fresh air, nice breeze and the noise of car engines will help those voices to go.

Try to sit in the same room with your wife and her friend, maybe a good conversation can help your voices to go away?

Do you have any hobbies?

I'm okay compared to me before taking my medication, I do still have very bad delusions but the voices and things I see have really toned down. My mood swings though are still very bad. One hour I could be very high and in that state I don't know what I'm doing, and the next hour I could be very down. I also don't know who I am, like I have a few people inside of me with completely different personalities. I keep having very violent thoughts as well, they have started to come into my dreams.

So really I am not doing well, but I feel much better than before actually and that makes me really happy.

Thank you.
    I used to have a sign on my bedroom wall saying "voices can't hurt you" and yeah it did help to look at it when I felt overwhelmed, especially as it was made by my mum so reminded me how much she cares about me too. Might see if I can find someone to make me a new sign.

Just got back from a trip outside, it definitely helped, anything is better than being trapped inside with them. Starting to get dark now so can't really stay outside much longer. But you're right even just a walk around in the fresh air is great for clearing my head.

I'm pretty scared of my wife's friend tbh It's not that she's not a nice person it's just that she talks a lot about her phd and stuff I don't understand, I try to take part but kind of get left out regardless. She's also a huge football (soccer) fan which I find boring as hell and she always seems to insert it into conversations. They've been playing football manager most of the day. *yawn*

Don't really have hobbies, well, I play/watch ice hockey but it's not the season atm and I play video games too but I find it very hard to concentrate on them nowadays. I used to be really interested in politics but it's way too confusing to follow now which is a bit of a shame.

I'm glad to hear you're doing better now, I remember your posts before could be quite worrying so it's definitely good to hear the medication is helping. What medication are you taking? Perhaps an antidepressant or mood stabilizer could help even out the mood swings? It might even be that it hasn't hit full effect yet so maybe just give it a bit longer? Have you told your doctor about these different people inside of you or the violent thoughts? I think that would be a good idea - remember, the more they know, the more they can help you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.