Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Oh yeah Soz wrong person

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes. And your counter argument is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    We wouldnt have got hammered this season if we'd had Walcott in the team I'll bet, teams knew they could flood us because of our lack of pace. Someone like Diaby would have prevented it too, he'd have matched Liverpool/Chelsea's intensity early doors.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25275712

That's not a hammering? That said, he did at least score 2 goals :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)

That game was end to end for most of it, only got away from us fairly late on. Could have won it on another day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    That game was end to end for most of it, only got away from us fairly late on. Could have won it on another day
    Especially as we had 2 genuine goals disallowed and 2 stonewall penalties turned down..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It is if you ignore the 2 legitimate goals we scored and 2 other offsides where we were through 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 that were all denied by the dodgiest linesman in world football. Not to mention the dive by Milner for the 6th.

In a just world that game would have ended 7-7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    I said he hasn't performed in big games if we are to go by the last two seasons, I wasn't exclusively talking about the away "hammerings" this season, but the wider picture.

Fair enough when we got battered at Liverpool away it wasn't his fault, nor was it his fault when we got battered at Chelsea away, but City away where he missed countless chances? Everton away where he was invisible for 70 minutes and the team only started creating chances when Sanogo came on? United away where he missed a free header from 5 yards?

Maybe its the way we set up in the big games. I noticed that we play with a much higher tempo in the big games when we have Sanogo on, who actually makes a nuisance of himself, wins headers, creates chances etc. (Bayern at home, Liverpool at home, Everton away when he came on are a few examples).

Either way, Giroud offers very little in the bigger games. If you look at the past two seasons, Giroud has been outscored by Cazorla, Podolski and Walcott in the bigger games (including the games where we have played poorly).

I'm not saying we should sell him either.

Yh mate I do agree that he isn't the striker who performs in the big games. I think it's because he's not clinical. He's not a poacher or a striker who takes on players and creates his own chances e.g Henry, Suarez etc.

That's one of the things we are lacking atm. To be a team capable of beating the top clubs domestically and in Europe, we need energy and stability in midfield, and a match winning striker. I'm only arguing that it's unfair to blame Giroud for what could have been this season. He's led the attack admirably this season and ok fine all your points on him missing countless chances against the top teams are valid.

But here's something all fans need to understand. You cannot expect match winning performances from a striker who is only decent, in terms of quality. Giroud is not world class or a striker who will take and score most of his chances. We need to buy a striker who is.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    If this has been discussed/posted before then I apologise in advance

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-he-is-leaving

Officially confirmed then I guess,

Goodbye and Good luck Sagna.

ReputationRep:
    I was kinda hoping he'd leave. I want Aurier and Jenko us battle it out for RB. I have a feeling Jenks will make RB his own.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is nothing more than a flat track bully. In the big games he loses his intelligence, his link up play becomes poor and his finishing is almost non-existent. He is not a big game player.

the funny thing is, i think i can remember coming quite close to scoring vs chelsea on many occasions -- chances he honestly should of put away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    People keep on saying We need a world class striker without mentioning names, that because there are no world class strikers available. Arsenal need to build their striker force up over time.

Right now Giroud with two year Prem experience is better than a transfer for Mandzu or Brenzema.
    Look, there were many instances where Giroud simply wasn't good enough this season. His lack of off the ball runs cost us especially when games are tight.

He's a good striker but we need to add to him with a better striker. We can't be going with him alone again. Don't let the Norway game fool you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27606171

Good comments from Wenger. :yes: Sad all the same for all those gay footballers out there because apparently it's a massive issue. Sad that the media would need to make this a big issue and that there are fans with iqs of less than 10 who would give abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Look, there were many instances where Giroud simply wasn't good enough this season. His lack of off the ball runs cost us especially when games are tight.

He's a good striker but we need to add to him with a better striker. We can't be going with him alone again. Don't let the Norway game fool you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how can you make off the ball runs when you have no pace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    how can you make off the ball runs when you have no pace?
    Oh, I must have forgotten about that. His link up play is top drawer but we need more than that. A lot more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27606171

Good comments from Wenger. :yes: Sad all the same for all those gay footballers out there because apparently it's a massive issue. Sad that the media would need to make this a big issue and that there are fans with iqs of less than 10 who would give abuse.
    I'm not sure if there actually are that many gay footballers tbh, and I have always found the assumptions that there are dozens in the PL to be quite strange. Certainly the gay people I went to school were disproportionately uninterested in playing sports that's for sure. Probably 1/2 gay men are 'camp' and so is it odd that few become professional sportsmen?

And as far as I can see, gay footballers receive nothing but mass support from fans, journalists and team-mates so I'm not sure what more can be done really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    the funny thing is, i think i can remember coming quite close to scoring vs chelsea on many occasions -- chances he honestly should of put away
    Swear down he misses a sitter every single game against us.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    John Cross reporting that Eto'o wants to join Arsenal to "prove Jose Mourinho wrong" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    John Cross reporting that Eto'o wants to join Arsenal to "prove Jose Mourinho wrong" :rofl:

Take him lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)

Take him lol.
    I doubt we would match his wages and I don't trust John Cross one bit either
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Breaking News on SSN:

"Swansea City sign Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski on a four year deal"

I'd rather he'd gone abroad but it's alright, I'll miss him. He was a very decent backup. obviously wish him all the best at Swansea

ReputationRep:
    Beat me to it LP

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.