Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah exactly, either that or just a lucky coincidence. What is your gut feeling about potential transfers?
    I was disappointed about Manolas, I thought he was a done deal. I also think it is worth looking into Alex Song, especially if he is leaving Barcelona we could snag him for as little as £5m. As I mentioned earlier in this thread before being attacked, I think the Italian pot is looking rather untouched (beyond Immobile), and I think Cerci is a good shout. If we do sign a good CDM/CB, then I think the best we will do up front is Welbeck.

Gut feeling: not too hopeful, but I am expecting 2 more signings, and wouldn't be surprised if Wenger announced a huge name.

ReputationRep:
    Who do people want to see tonight. I was thinking this :

Schz
    debuchy, BFG,kos, moreal
    flamini, wilshire
    AOC, ozil, Sanchez
    Yaya

would want to see campbell/carzola/rosicky to come on pretty early if things are tight.

I am going to the game hope its not as last minute as the last one i went to, palace.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget, last year none of us had any idea that Arsene was working on a deal for Ozil. I'm not saying a big signing like that will happen again, but be patient that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Let's not forget, last year none of us had any idea that Arsene was working on a deal for Ozil. I'm not saying a big signing like that will happen again, but be patient that's all.
    That is the only faint glimmer of hope left.

ReputationRep:
    If by some miracle we were to get Falcao, I would be a happy man.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Who do people want to see tonight. I was thinking this :

Schz
    debuchy, BFG,kos, moreal
    flamini, wilshire
    AOC, ozil, Sanchez
    Yaya

would want to see campbell/carzola/rosicky to come on pretty early if things are tight.

I am going to the game hope its not as last minute as the last one i went to, palace.
    Koscielny is injured and unfit to play.

Just to confirm other injuries are: Gibbs, Giroud, Arteta and Koscielny. All out of tonight's game.

So most likely be:

Sczz
    Debuchy, BFG, Chamb, Monreal
    Wilshere, Flamini
    AOC, Ozil, Sanchez
    Yaya/Podolski?

EDIT: Nah scrap that actually, Wenger won't use poldi as a CF. Will probably use him as a substitute to replace Sanchez or AOC on the wings.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is injured and unfit to play.

Just to confirm other injuries are: Gibbs, Giroud, Arteta and Koscielny. All out of tonight's game.

So most likely be:

Sczz
    Debuchy, BFG, Chamb, Monreal
    Wilshere, Flamini
    AOC, Ozil, Sanchez
    Yaya/Podolski?

EDIT: Nah scrap that actually, Wenger won't use poldi as a CF. Will probably use him as a substitute to replace Sanchez or AOC on the wings.
    You sure about koscielny? Nothing on the arsenal website and he was in the training video yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, these Zigic links are pissing me off, even BBC are onto it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4598426.stm

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I was disappointed about Manolas, I thought he was a done deal. I also think it is worth looking into Alex Song, especially if he is leaving Barcelona we could snag him for as little as £5m. As I mentioned earlier in this thread before being attacked, I think the Italian pot is looking rather untouched (beyond Immobile), and I think Cerci is a good shout. If we do sign a good CDM/CB, then I think the best we will do up front is Welbeck.

Gut feeling: not too hopeful, but I am expecting 2 more signings, and wouldn't be surprised if Wenger announced a huge name.
    I actually found the whole Manolas thing quite funny, even SSN was reporting our interest and everything.

I'd take Song back ngl... *Waits to be attacked*

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/alex-s...ondon-4839858/

(Original post by De Chirico)
    You sure about koscielny? Nothing on the arsenal website and he was in the training video yesterday.
    Yeah I know, I'm confused too but SSN saying he's out along with the others I mentioned. They said with an Achilles problem? Hope they're wrong.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I actually found the whole Manolas thing quite funny, even SSN was reporting our interest and everything.

I'd take Song back ngl... *Waits to be attacked*

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/alex-s...ondon-4839858/

Yeah I know, I'm confused too but SSN saying he's out along with the others I mentioned. They said with an Achilles problem? Hope they're wrong.
    I know, I thought we had him in the bag.

Why would you be attacked? Song is a decent player and kinda what we need right now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Nah, these Zigic links are pissing me off, even BBC are onto it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4598426.stm
    ''He is expected to be one of the stars of his national team when they make their World Cup finals debut in Germany this year. ''

That went well. He barely played!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    #Arsenal team to play Besiktas:
    Szczesny,
    Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal,
    Wilshere, Flamini,
    AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
    Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal
    subs: Martinez, Chambers, Coquelin, Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo
    #AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis as a CF but at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.

ReputationRep:
    Told you sanchez would be up top. It's obvious wenger wants to use him there.

ReputationRep:
    This is a good team. You should be fine. I just hope nobody else gets injured..

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny,
    Wilshere, Flamini,
    AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
    Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal
    #AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis through the middle. But at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.
    He might work out. Tbf, that was just one game.. Vs Everton.. At goodison park..

You really never know

ReputationRep:
    Team for tonight
    1 Szczesny
    2 Debuchy
    18 Monreal
    20 Flamini
    4 Mertesacker
    6 Koscielny
    11 Özil
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    17 Sánchez
    10 Wilshere
    19 Cazorla

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny,
    Wilshere, Flamini,
    AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
    Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal
    #AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis as a CF but at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.
    Praise Jesus, Ozil isn't on the wing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    He might work out. Tbf, that was just one game.. Vs Everton.. At goodison park..

You really never know
    Yeah I know he's done it with Henry etc etc but why can't we just play him in the position that we know he's awesome in (i.e at Barca) Anyways... it should work out #coyg

ReputationRep:
    That team is more than capable of getting the job done. Hope this match isn't as open as the away leg. Play our game and be patient.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Just had a thought. What if Wenger decides to make coquelin that DM we've been yearning for?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.