ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** off
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Liverpool just can't defend set pieces can they :lol:

Still though, a draw doesn't change anything. Even if you'd won the game, you'd have needed to beat Basel to go through.

ReputationRep:
    Such naivety by Rodgers.

Fine Sterling is struggling so you take him off. I understand why Moreno might come on to help protect the flank but what use is having Lambert and Gerrard on the pitch at the top when neither have the pace to do anything or provide an out ball?

We just got deeper and deeper and got punished for it.

ReputationRep:
    Bunch of spineless players we have, cannot ever keep a lead. This doesn't change much in terms of qualifying as we have to beat Basel, but we done enough to win that game but as usual we gift goals to throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    Glen Johnson :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Liverpool just can't defend set pieces can they :lol:

Still though, a draw doesn't change anything. Even if you'd won the game, you'd have needed to beat Basel to go through.
    I think the only difference is that Ludo could beat Real Madrid and be in the mix for 2nd place?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Oh **** off
    My reaction precisely

This season is a joke, we've become a mockery

ReputationRep:
    Basel will beat Liverpool. Mark my words.

ReputationRep:
    Johnson completely missed the header, him of all players...

ReputationRep:
    Both teams to score, Ludo +.5 AH

...aye thought as much, albeit my prediction was 1-1.

Feel for you guys though...so ******* close to an actual win.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think the only difference is that Ludo could beat Real Madrid and be in the mix for 2nd place?
    They're out I think, as their H2H is worse than Liverpool and Basel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's picking the team. This reminds me so much of Terry, Lampard, Cole etc under AVB/Scolari, player power.

Anyway, a Liverpool win tonight is a good result for us. Their game against Basel is only a few days before they come to Old Trafford.
    A draw is just as good

ReputationRep:
    We invite so much pressure on ourselves, it's ridiculous really, you could see that goal coming.

Just such a poor team at the minute, in every facet, manager down to all the players. Such a disappointing season so far, especially after the high of last year.

ReputationRep:
    Not only are you playing pathetically it seems that the attitude of your players & manager is now that you are nothing more than a mid-table club and that you have zero ambition.

To quote Jordan Henderson after your pathetic display tonight:

"We knew it would be a tough game, they are a very good team technically but we showed great character to stay in the game, we looked dangerous on the counter and were more solid tonight but disappointed to concede late on."

You were playing a Bulgarian side who had never before made it to the group stage of the Champions League and whose best ever performance to date was the last 16 of the Europa League and who have a squad full of nobodies and Henderson is making excuses? They're not a "very good team technically", they're arguably one of the worst two or three sides in the Champions League this year. Resorting to having to play counter attacking football against a team like that in order to stand any chance of getting something from the game is just pathetic.

You were outplayed from start to finish, they dominated possession, had far more shots, had far more shots from dangerous positions and you were bloody lucky to even get a single point out of it.

I do love the fact that Liverpool are very quickly becoming a complete laughing stock, it's great.

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to wind anyone up here, but you should try enjoy this Champions League whilst you can, with the current squad and management you look set for another lengthy absence from the competition

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side, Lambert has looks to be the much better option than Balotelli. Sterling looks to be getting back on form, he should of scored his goal though.

Negative side, Gerrard seems to have Rodgers by the balls. Poor Set piece defending and Mignolet.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's that for Liverpool in the champions league imo. I dont see Rodgers fielding his best team against Basel with United being the next game in the league after that fixture. It's a shame, im surprised at how you guys failed to qualify in a group containing 2 European minnows. Would you guys take Europa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    We invite so much pressure on ourselves, it's ridiculous really, you could see that goal coming.

Just such a poor team at the minute, in every facet, manager down to all the players. Such a disappointing season so far, especially after the high of last year.
    The thing that I find laughable is that you actually have a decent squad. Even with Suarez gone and Sturridge injured you should still be top 8 without much of a problem, but it just seems like none of your players give a crap about the team any more. They're quite happy to take their money and put in a half arsed performance every time and that's utterly disgraceful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.