Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__

Thank you😊, where you thinking of applying?😊
Original post by Louise427
Thank you😊, where you thinking of applying?😊

Liverpool, Manchester, St georges, Plymouth. What about you?❣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gaby_xo
Can I ask if you did any mocks and what you were getting in them if you remember? I'm also applying to GEM and have sat the test before. I think I'm also going take the GAMSAT if the test does not go well but its not calming my nerves at all.

do you mean gamsat for 2018 entry ? x
Liverpool, Manchester, St georges, Plymouth. What about you?❣

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queens belfast, glasgow, manchester, was thinking of newcastle but maybe plymouth now!😊😊
Original post by Squishy•
Can you not take a joke ?

What joke?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did my ukcat earlier today and got
VR: 600
QR:750
AR: 660
Band 2
Average:670
overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊

What mock would you say it's most similar to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queens belfast, glasgow, manchester, was thinking of newcastle but maybe plymouth now!😊😊

If you are a partners applicant then Newcastle could still remain an option 😋 you'll just have to ring them and see! I really need to ring uni's up tomorrow and get my life together 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dragonblazer11
Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use

Original post by aamin96
Just did it. It was pretty tricky got 630

Original post by roukiaa23
I did my UKCAT test today and got:

VR - 570
AR - 690
QR - 650
SJ - Band 2 (average - 636)

I was really hoping to apply to The University of Manchester but I'm not too sure now, any advice?

Did my ukcat earlier today and got
VR: 600
QR:750
AR: 660
Band 2
Average:670
overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊

You guys ALL did really well. Great job!!!
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
QR 640
AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *

I knew you would do really good! I don't know much about GEM but your score sounds decent (about my target)
Hmmm looks like a few people messed up today.

I feel as if the scores are dropping.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Hmmm looks like a few people messed up today.

I feel as if the scores are dropping.

I wouldn't say messed up as that's quite negative and it might make people feel bad when they are otherwise happy with their score! (not saying that's your intention at all though just might want to think about wording), based on what UKCAT said scores drop later on so I guess now we'll just have to hope for low averages next month 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are a partners applicant then Newcastle could still remain an option 😋 you'll just have to ring them and see! I really need to ring uni's up tomorrow and get my life together 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont think i'd be part of that newcastle partners thing for i'm from ireland😊, but yeah same here, but its so much effortt😂😂
I wouldn't say messed up as that's quite negative and it might make people feel bad when they are otherwise happy with their score! (not saying that's your intention at all though just might want to think about wording), based on what UKCAT said scores drop later on so I guess now we'll just have to hope for low averages next month 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I didn't intend to make people feel bad, just from what a few friends got who sat it today, I just feel as if its lowering!
Dont think i'd be part of that newcastle partners thing for i'm from ireland😊, but yeah same here, but its so much effortt😂😂

I need to write a list to bombard them with the right questions but I'm so busy at the minute with college and my PS and work that I'm just like hmmm maybe it can wait even though I know it can't 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Oh no I didn't intend to make people feel bad, just from what a few friends got who sat it today, I just feel as if its lowering!

Yeah that's fair enough😋 I feel the same though! The averages need to drop just in my favour tbh as I feel I'm quite borderline for where I want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to write a list to bombard them with the right questions but I'm so busy at the minute with college and my PS and work that I'm just like hmmm maybe it can wait even though I know it can't 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same here😂 my school are looking my UCAS info with everything completed tomorrow so they can put a reference on, so i have lots of stuff to do tonight😂😂
I got band 1 though. But I am honestly done with the UKCAT. I did things differently, yet still didn't get the score I wass hoping for. Going to try GAMSAT for March.
Ugh same here😂 my school are looking my UCAS info with everything completed tomorrow so they can put a reference on, so i have lots of stuff to do tonight😂😂

Oh dear 😂 good luck with getting everything finished 😋 I have 2 weeks yet but it's not helping me much 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's fair enough😋 I feel the same though! The averages need to drop just in my favour tbh as I feel I'm quite borderline for where I want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I got 653.33, there were 3 years where I could have got in and 3 years I couldn't, I hope this year I can Lol

I get a WP flag (and I know you did too) but kinda sucks how it doesn't lower the cut off for us :/

Although my parents didn't go to uni.
does the ukcat get marked differently later on in the examining period? what do you mean they lower later on, mines next week now I'm worried :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending