Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just got 1880 (average 627) and band 2 in my UKCAT. Any certain unis I should apply to with this score?

ReputationRep:
    I did my UKCAT test today and got:

VR - 570
    AR - 690
    QR - 650
    SJ - Band 2 (average - 636)

I was really hoping to apply to The University of Manchester but I'm not too sure now, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Anyone else find AR and QR in Official ukcat mock c annoying?
    Can you not take a joke ?

ReputationRep:
    Did my ukcat earlier today and got
    VR: 600
    QR:750
    AR: 660
    Band 2
    Average:670
    overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roukiaa23)

VR - 570
    AR - 690
    QR - 650

I was really hoping to apply to The University of Manchester but I'm not too sure now, any advice?
    Well done on your score! I got 667 and I'm still applying although I believe it to be a little risky. Here are previous cut offs in yellow for Manchester. Last year Liverpool wanted 625 so try there if you have an amazing PS!Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474995555.078282.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  224.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise427)
    Band 2
    overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊
    Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    do you know where I should apply to
    If I were you I would apply to Aberdeen and Dundee as chances are decent there but I only have good knowledge of Scottish unis. I know unis like EAST Anglia and Liverpool are pretty lenient I considered them for a while. My UKCAT is on average 617 - wayyyyyyyyyyy lower than yours - I'm applying for Glasgow (<1% chance of getting but I'm going to apply anyway), Edinburgh (another risk), Aberdeen (consider all ukcat scores and therefore, I have a better chance there) and Dundee (another risk but I have better chances here than Edinburgh or Glasgow). I'm not expecting any offers this year tbh I would say >630 is safe so you have a decent shot. All the best. Disclaimer: I might be talking BS XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
    QR 640
    AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *
    Can I ask if you did any mocks and what you were getting in them if you remember? I'm also applying to GEM and have sat the test before. I think I'm also going take the GAMSAT if the test does not go well but its not calming my nerves at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I'm doing my UKCAT on thursday and am feeling pretty nervous for it really, I don't think I'll get the best of grades really. Coupled with predicted grades of AAB, I'm struggling really with what options I have left. I've been given a predicted grade of a B in french as I have to resit an exam. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polly.holden9)
    Hey Guys,

I'm doing my UKCAT on thursday and am feeling pretty nervous for it really, I don't think I'll get the best of grades really. Coupled with predicted grades of AAB, I'm struggling really with what options I have left. I've been given a predicted grade of a B in french as I have to resit an exam. What should I do?
    I went to Liverpool open day and they said they consider people with AAB predictions iirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you😊, where you thinking of applying?😊

ReputationRep:
    Thank you😊, where you thinking of applying?😊
    Liverpool, Manchester, St georges, Plymouth. What about you?❣

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_xo)
    Can I ask if you did any mocks and what you were getting in them if you remember? I'm also applying to GEM and have sat the test before. I think I'm also going take the GAMSAT if the test does not go well but its not calming my nerves at all.
    do you mean gamsat for 2018 entry ? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Liverpool, Manchester, St georges, Plymouth. What about you?❣

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Queens belfast, glasgow, manchester, was thinking of newcastle but maybe plymouth now!😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Can you not take a joke ?
    What joke?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Band 2
    What mock would you say it's most similar to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Queens belfast, glasgow, manchester, was thinking of newcastle but maybe plymouth now!😊😊
    If you are a partners applicant then Newcastle could still remain an option 😋 you'll just have to ring them and see! I really need to ring uni's up tomorrow and get my life together 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Just did it. It was pretty tricky got 630
    (Original post by roukiaa23)

VR - 570
    AR - 690
    QR - 650

Band 2
    You guys ALL did really well. Great job!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
    QR 640
    AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *
    I knew you would do really good! I don't know much about GEM but your score sounds decent (about my target)

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm looks like a few people messed up today.

I feel as if the scores are dropping.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.