Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    More important than the cl game tonight is the early 2pm kick off, where my uni football team needs to avoid defeat to secure promotion and the title. Reason we're there in the mix for the title? Because we have a winning mentality and don't bottle it against the **** teams in our league..
    Ffs

Get behind your team for every game, even if it means we've pretty much bottled every trophy.

It's what a "supporter" means

(Arsenal that is, not your uni team)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So how many goals will Arsenal concede tonight? I'm going with 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Ffs

Get behind your team for every game, even if it means we've pretty much bottled every trophy.

It's what a "supporter" means

(Arsenal that is, not your uni team)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will be, if you haven't noticed I'm the only person even slightly upbeat about tonights game...

ReputationRep:
    So long as we don't collapse and show some grit I'll be proud of the team. They need to see this as an opportunity to turn our form around and show the supporters they care. Realistically the league is all but over, there's a slim chance but nothing more. But finishing above spurs and getting 2nd would hint at better things to come. Barring a miracle tonight we have 10 games left, lets ****ing fight to win every single one of them.

ReputationRep:
    So long as we don't collapse and show some grit I'll be prud of the team. They need to see this as an opportunity to turn our form around and show the supporters they care. Realistically the league is all but over, there's a slim chance but nothing more. But finishing above spurs and getting 2nd would hint at better things to come. Barring a miracle tonight we have 10 games left, lets ****ing flight to win every single one of them.
    Reckon we'll lose, but we'll put in a solid performance and just miss out (partly cos barca would have taken their foot off the pedal).

We'll then go on a mad run and win a lot of our last 9 games and will miss out on the league. Giroud will score 8 in 9 games & Theo will get about 6. Wenger will say we don't need a striker because out form in front of goal is remarkable.

We'll go into next season with an ok team & Giroud, Welbz & Jack will get injured instantly

How plausible is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can expect a humiliation if we continue with Gabriel-Mertesacker.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is backj. So he'll probably get sent off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Koscielny is backj. So he'll probably get sent off.
    Probably for doing something like not stopping play because he didn't hear the wistle.

Who remembers that incident :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna do a Buster Douglas vs Tyson today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Reckon we'll lose, but we'll put in a solid performance and just miss out (partly cos barca would have taken their foot off the pedal).

We'll then go on a mad run and win a lot of our last 9 games and will miss out on the league. Giroud will score 8 in 9 games & Theo will get about 6. Wenger will say we don't need a striker because out form in front of goal is remarkable.

We'll go into next season with an ok team & Giroud, Welbz & Jack will get injured instantly

How plausible is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds plausible, but you forgot the signing of an unwanted no10 who is dreadful on wing being forced to play there. Just a case of whether its Gotze or James. Maybe Isco too at CM to throw in the mix, but preferably Gotze so we can have a trio of rejects from the best 3 teams in the world.

I'm dreaming of Lukaku knowing it'll never happen, especially with their new owners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Probably for doing something like not stopping play because he didn't hear the wistle.

Who remembers that incident :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was Van persie.

Not Laurent.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds plausible, but you forgot the signing of an unwanted no10 who is dreadful on wing being forced to play there. Just a case of whether its Gotze or James. Maybe Isco too at CM to throw in the mix, but preferably Gotze so we can have a trio of rejects from the best 3 teams in the world.

I'm dreaming of Lukaku knowing it'll never happen, especially with their new owners
    I wonder how Germany won the world cup with four attacking midfielders... plus gotze is more likely to kiss Klopp's ass than Wenger 's

Three years ago we went to a team that were unbeaten in four months, and beat them. It's unlikely that will happen again but who knows?

ReputationRep:
    You can imagine why our team is a laughing stock now.

Our sim the the game against Barcelona is to avoid humiliation.

You can imagine a big club telling the supporters of other big clubs that "hey if we don't get beat by 5 goals we will hold our heads up high"

The **** are we, APOEL?

This is Arsenal and Wenger over the last 5 years has turned our team into the laughing stock of the Champions league.

The worst part will be all those tossers who will brag about Ozil having like a 200% passing accuracy like that wins you trophies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I wonder how Germany won the world cup with four attacking midfielders... plus gotze is more likely to kiss Klopp's ass than Wenger 's

The have the best GK, RB and AM in the world.

They're class from Goalkeeper to striker.

Completely complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Probably because they had a manager who could pull it off. Oh and as the person above said, because they had an outstanding starting XI and weren't relying on a couple of players.

Stunned I'm saying this, but our best front 3 for tonight has to be Campbell Giroud Welbs imo.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because they had a manager who could pull it off. Oh and as the person above said, because they had an outstanding starting XI and weren't relying on a couple of players.

Stunned I'm saying this, but our best front 3 for tonight has to be Campbell Giroud Welbs imo.

And none of them would make the BENCH at Barcelona.

The Bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    And none of them would make the BENCH at Barcelona.

The Bench.
    Never said they would.... but we aren't barca and never will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    That was Van persie.

Not Laurent.
    ..I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends, if barca players are not fully motivated.. 3-4

If barca players smell blood and want to try their best.. 5+

ReputationRep:
    Never said they would.... but we aren't barca and never will be

We could be with a different manager with different ideas and a different philosophy.

I'll always be an Arsenal fan but I'll never support mediocre players ever again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.