Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in mad love with the Montgomery pick. That kid is a first round talent with some coachable red flags. End of the third - that's terrific value. I'm really happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    Circus catch, but there is no way he'll start right away - Allen could have. Don't get me wrong, I love Dobson. But I think Patton or Allen would have been more NFL-ready, regardless of red flags.
    Taht was a good catch. But how much raw gets turned into freebase.

And those that are holding up the ball are missing the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arketec)
    is it true all successful american footballers are on coke?
    Oh so that's why I haven't made it! I've been taking heroin instead of coke :facepalm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the analysis they said Dobson drops often. He was one of two players to not have one drop last season if anything his hands are amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After much time to process the draft picks we made I've calmed down the only one i hate is that last pick we had. We didn't need another reach like Tavon Wilson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I didn't even do one and I would agree, the studio guys just seem to be looking down the board and filling 'the need' but even they're not getting it right... or they're doing some hardcore hedging and calling about 4 guys
    I find it kind of awkward watching them get it repeatedly wrong. There's one thing we do know though and that's that obviously the pundits have a great idea of where the talent is. Mike Mayock nailed it this year. 27 of his top 30 went in the first round. The problem is coaches and the media fundamentally disagree on who needs what and who values what. Nobody has a clue who's going where (which makes the draft far more interesting in my opinion).

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Yup haha I'm still not happy with what the Patriots picked...
    In Bill we trust. Sometimes he reaches which is a bit hypocritical of his 'value' philosophy, but I think we had some solid additions. This draft is so deep with 4/5 players that I'm not surprised BB traded out of the 1st. He's a genius. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th and still got the guys he wanted. Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Authority_Song)
    I find it kind of awkward watching them get it repeatedly wrong. There's one thing we do know though and that's that obviously the pundits have a great idea of where the talent is. Mike Mayock nailed it this year. 27 of his top 30 went in the first round. The problem is coaches and the media fundamentally disagree on who needs what and who values what. Nobody has a clue who's going where (which makes the draft far more interesting in my opinion).

In Bill we trust. Sometimes he reaches which is a bit hypocritical of his 'value' philosophy, but I think we had some solid additions. This draft is so deep with 4/5 players that I'm not surprised BB traded out of the 1st. He's a genius. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th and still got the guys he wanted. Fantastic.
    We just got Boyce who I do like. He has burner kind of speed so i think its an evolution of our offense.

ReputationRep:
    We just got Boyce who I do like. He has burner kind of speed so i think its an evolution of our offense.
    I agree with what Mayock's saying. Getting bigger and more physical on the outside. Stops physical defenses ruining our rhythm (Giants twice, Ravens in AFCCG).

We let Welker walk and replaced him with a faster, more versatile player in Amendola. We brought in Dobson who is tall, freaky, pretty fast, makes plays on the ball at highest point, and has a nack for spectacular catches (sound a lot like another Marshall receiver who played for pats right?). Also, Boyce adds some outside presence as does Jenkins to an extent.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what Mayock's saying. Getting bigger and more physical on the outside. Stops physical defenses ruining our rhythm (Giants twice, Ravens in AFCCG).

We let Welker walk and replaced him with a faster, more versatile player in Amendola. We brought in Dobson who is tall, freaky, pretty fast, makes plays on the ball at highest point, and has a nack for spectacular catches (sound a lot like another Marshall receiver who played for pats right?). Also, Boyce adds some outside presence as does Jenkins to an extent.
    Mhm Amendola and Edelman both can actually line up outside and make plays to an extent. I think Brady at times became to overdependent on Welker. Quite a few times he would throw it short to him when there was someone else open for a bigger play. Now hes lost that he will have to spread the ball out more.

Dobson was my favourite receiver coming into the draft, we like our Marshall receivers (Troy Brown, Randy Moss). Hes got fantastic hands and like you said gets the ball at the highest point which is something that would be nice to have. Jenkins i think will be a red zone target we need more since when Gronk went down our red zone offense looked terrible against a good defense. Welker, Lloyd are not good red zone targets. Boyce is a slot guy i think but he is extremely quick with the frame of a bruising running back. Hes extremely strong and good routes. If not for the injury he would have gone earlier.

I'm surprised though Patton has dropped so far and DaRick Rogers is still on board.

ReputationRep:
    Nassib to the Giants o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Nassib to the Giants o.O
    The heck ?

ReputationRep:
    Another receiver picked before Patton...

Something is up with this kid that we don't know about.

ReputationRep:
    Man 49ers having the best draft by far. Not putting all those picks to waste...

ReputationRep:
    damn the wait for our 3 draft picks in the 7th is ages D:

ReputationRep:
    damn the wait for our 3 draft picks in the 7th is ages D:
    Shipped one out for LeGarrette Blount. Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand he's a physical runner who had some great games in Tampa who could benefit our new found running game. One the other hand, we already have Ridley, Vereen, Washington and Bolden. Why throw another RB in there when we could use a flyer in the 7th.

ReputationRep:
    Shipped one out for LeGarrette Blount. Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand he's a physical runner who had some great games in Tampa who could benefit our new found running game. One the other hand, we already have Ridley, Vereen, Washington and Bolden. Why throw another RB in there when we could use a flyer in the 7th.
    exactly Bolden is pretty darn similar...

Who knows Bills been pretty weird in his picks :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    exactly Bolden is pretty darn similar...

Who knows Bills been pretty weird in his picks :laugh:
    I would have rather used Demps and a 7th to trade up into the 6th and take Marcus Lattimore. Injury questions of course, but has a much better upside.

EDIT: Woops. Lattimore went in the 4th not the 6th. Forget that!

ReputationRep:
    I would have rather used Demps and a 7th to trade up into the 6th and take Marcus Lattimore. Injury questions of course, but has a much better upside.

EDIT: Woops. Lattimore went in the 4th not the 6th. Forget that!
    Yeah haha he went to the perfect team for him. Sit behind gore and learn.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm loving taking Denard Robinson in the 5th. Absolute steal. Probably the first time in all my years of watching NFL that the Jags have had one of the best drafts.

ReputationRep:
    Team GB Olympian Lawrence Okoye signs with 49ers! Intrigued to see him play, hope he gets a shot

----

Tom

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.