Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I never really thought about applying to Oxford, but now i'm kinda dreaming about the idea... im predicted AAA but... I only got A*A*AAABBBBB at GCSE, is there any point in applying? One of my A*s was in in Lit & I want to apply for english anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy03)
    It'd not be weird to admit to actually having a Harry Potter fetish though, wouldn't it?
    naaahhh. Vanilla. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Cheeeeeeeeky!
    Just what are you accusing me of?! :007:

(Original post by STARMissyB)
    I never really thought about applying to Oxford, but now i'm kinda dreaming about the idea... im predicted AAA but... I only got A*A*AAABBBBB at GCSE, is there any point in applying? One of my A*s was in in Lit & I want to apply for english anyway...
    If you think you can be bothered with the rigmarole of early application --> admissions test --> interview, i don't see why not, your grades are pretty decent, I think, certainly not *bad*. And of course it's only 1/5 of your application! Definitely worth thinking about, and you probably want to speak to someone more knowledgeable than I! Perhaps a head of year etc at school/college?

(Original post by medbh4805)
    naaahhh. Vanilla. :yes:
    Vanilla flavoured wallpaper in the cupboard under the stairs it is then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STARMissyB)
    Well, my GCSE's are similar to yours (A*A*A*AABBBBC) and I'm still taking the plunge and applying for English If you're truly passionate about the subject and think you can perform reasonably well in the ELAT, then I'd say go for it! You don't really have anything to lose.

ReputationRep:

Vanilla flavoured wallpaper in the cupboard under the stairs then?
    Flavoured wallpaper? Delicious. Licking walls might be a bit weird though :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Are you feigning innocence or are you unfamiliar with the slang usage of the word vanilla?

or maybe it's only a slang word among lgbt people :ashamed2:

I really hope no admissions tutors are reading this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    Flavoured wallpaper? Delicious. Licking walls might be a bit weird though :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Are you feigning innocence or are you unfamiliar with the slang usage of the word vanilla?

or maybe it's only a slang word among lgbt people :ashamed2:

I really hope no admissions tutors are reading this
    Nothing wrong with licking walls!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Amusingly, I had completely forgotten about that particular connotation of the word.... Admission's tutors will hopefully have given up following this thread 298 pages ago!

Anywaaay, baaack to Oxford? Metaphorically speaking of course.

ReputationRep:
    Anywaaay, baaack to Oxford? Metaphorically speaking of course.
    ahem, of course *shuffles*

so, I've been reading Ovid recently.....:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, my man, there's absolutely nothing wrong with flirting with friends, really, it's possibly more fun than when the flirting's for real.
    That is so true!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, my man, there's absolutely nothing wrong with flirting with friends, really, it's possibly more fun than when the flirting's for real.
    That is true

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the spreadsheet has gone a bit waka waka again.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, my man, there's absolutely nothing wrong with flirting with friends, really, it's possibly more fun than when the flirting's for real
    :noway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAiH5ed1o1Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malvika111)
    I loved Exeter and Brasenose, and I absolutely can't pick between the two; may have to toss a coin! What about you?
    Exeter.

(Obviously said without even a hint of bias.)

Sent my ucas application off today, just waiting for my school to add my reference to it Getting incredibly nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamitysarah)
    Sent my ucas application off today, just waiting for my school to add my reference to it Getting incredibly nervous now!
    Yaay!!! Soo jealous! It must be such a great feeling And it kind of makes me nervous

(Original post by nightmare91)
    Yaay!!! Soo jealous! It must be such a great feeling And it kind of makes me nervous
    what happened to phoning today at dinner? I had to panic on my own

ReputationRep:
    what happened to phoning today at dinner? I had to panic on my own
    Haha well was busy doing my homework and preparing for a philosophy exam tomorrow

Haha well was busy doing my homework and preparing for a philosophy exam tomorrow
    and eating cake

ReputationRep:
    and eating cake
    A man needs cake otherwise he won't be able to concentrate!

ReputationRep:
    A man needs cake otherwise he won't be able to concentrate!
    Well said sir

ReputationRep:
    Player

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.