The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all getting results today!
And another question; anyone think it might be worth me saving up to see a private counsellor? I know it'll probably be quite expensive, but so far I've had no luck with the NHS and free services, so I'm wondering if maybe you get what you pay for?
Reply 5942
Reply 5943
Original post by avhhs
Results

C D U :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're better grades than what I got first around! Mate if you really want university and I mean really; you'll use today to spur you on. It isn't the end of the world at all! :nah: If you want university, don't give up on that dream.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh yeah, I'm also feeling down about having no social life. I have such a desire to go out clubbing and parties much more, but pretty much can't cos I have no one to go with. That's why a big reason why I'm so upset at my Australian working holiday not working out, because it provided great opportunities to easily meet new people to go on regular nights out with, which I did and it was awesome while it lasted (only barely 4 months). Now I'm back and stuck in this ****ty London town again and I hate wasting away my youth years like this :frown:

I know people would suggest going to uni, but I already attempted getting into uni and I think I'm just not good enough for it, plus it's probably not the greatest idea to go just for the social life when I have practically zero interest in studying again. Maybe I'll just have to stick to working for now, and I'll try looking online for social meetups. Maybe it's a bit sad, but I'm a bit stuck on what else to do, unless maybe I just try to go to more concerts alone and hope to meet people there, or even just go to a bar alone and see what happens.

Oh, and my boyfriend told me I should stop sending him sad and moany texts because they keep ruining his mornings to work - oops :colondollar:. I guess he has no experience of having a depressed long distance girlfriends, so it's no wonder he probably can't handle my low moods. Oh well, I best be careful here since he's pretty much the best thing I've got going in my life at the moment and I really don't want to ruin it.

Haha how about you send him the opposite of what you feel then?
Missed my offer but still got accepted. YAY.
Original post by avhhs
Results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, did you need certain grades for uni?
Original post by octoberbaby

Congratulations!!!!
Original post by danny111
Congratulations!!!!

Thank you :3 I am over the moon with happiness haha.
Hope other people are having a good results day. Either way :hugs: for you all!
Reply 5949
Original post by avhhs
Results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that - you can always resit though. You can still achieve what you want, just means that the road to get there is a bit windier. :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
x

:party: :woo: :danceboy: :awesome:

Massive massive congrats. You've worked so hard for this and it's awesome that you've finally got your dream. Testament that if you don't give up you can eventually get what you want. :yep:

Congrats! Really pleased for you. :smile:

---

Congratulations to everyone who has had results today. Whether you got in where you wanted or not, these things have a habit of working themselves out. :yep:
Original post by danny111
Haha how about you send him the opposite of what you feel then?

Aha, well now that you mentioned it, I managed to fail and ended up yet again sending him miserable texts this morning :o:. Even he's saying I should go speak to a professional about my problems, so I guess I'd better push harder to make that happen before I really **** things up with him.
Reply 5951
So after the worst year of my life I managed to get

Spoiler

It's weird to think that 4 days ago I was in hospital. I just have to focus on the future now. I can do this and I can get my life back on track. I am so grateful from all the support on this thread <3
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tasha96

Yet another day of just staring into space and wishing I wasn't here. :cry2: Cancelled on friends when we'd arranged to do something and feel so guilty about that .:frown: I'm an awful friend and a horrible person. I know there's no way I could have managed to go out this evening. I'm fit for nothing except curling up and crying at the moment. But part of my head stilll believes that if I juust tried a bit harder everything would be alright. :frown: I always spoil everything. Such a stupid flipping waste of air.

You're never a waste of air lovely :lovehug:

Original post by 08batee
Don't understand why I'm such a useless ****. I can't do anything right. Friends are being beyond ****ty. They're ignoring my messages, lying to me, being horrible, they're generally useless. All because I don't go out clubbing every weekend. I hate clubbing and it's too hard. I can't actually explain the **** they've put me through. I can't do it and I'm not strong enough to deal with it all. I feel like I need to run away cause it's too much but I'm not even strong enough to do that. Lying in bed all day weeping and despairing is my ****ing life. Flashbacks are so **** it hurts. I feel so low it hurts. Being kicked when I'm already down hurts. Everything ****ing hurts. :cry:

Also sorry I basically spam the thread at the moment and don't seem to have the capacity to be of any support or help. Big hugs to everyone

You spam the thread as much as you need to hun - we're all here for you! :jumphug:

Hey, that's not too shabby at all! Considering you weren't feeling up to revising much, those are good results. Chin up! :hugs:

:ahee: :woo: :yeah: :danceboy: :cool:
Reply 5953
So I got my AS results:

Spoiler

It feels so good after ****ing up my A-Levels the first time due to depression and then going in and out of hospital. For all those who didn't get what they wanted, I didn't get what I wanted first time around either when I was really ill, keep your heads up :smile:
Reply 5954
Got in but I feel stupidly numb. Sigh.
Original post by Idle
So I got my AS results:

Spoiler

It feels so good after ****ing up my A-Levels the first time due to depression and then going in and out of hospital. For all those who didn't get what they wanted, I didn't get what I wanted first time around either when I was really ill, keep your heads up :smile:

PRSOM. Outstanding results there! HUGE congrats :woo: :yay: :party: :danceboy: :yeah:

Original post by 08batee

Very proud of you, sweetie :jumphug: :rave: woo: :lovehug: :yeah:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5956
Original post by avhhs
Results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :console:

Original post by 05autyt

Spoiler

It's weird to think that 4 days ago I was in hospital from an

Spoiler

. I just have to focus on the future now. I can do this and I can get my life back on track. I am so grateful from all the support on this thread <3

Congratulations everyone :hugs: :hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 08batee

I TOLD YOU RESULTS WOULD GO BETTER THAN YOU WERE EXPECTING! :biggrin: I'm very pleased for you! :hugs:
Hopefully the numbness will wear off soon and you'll start to feel better :smile:

Original post by 05autyt

Spoiler

It's weird to think that 4 days ago I was in hospital from an

Spoiler

. I just have to focus on the future now. I can do this and I can get my life back on track. I am so grateful from all the support on this thread <3

Congratulations, those results are brill :smile: I'm liking the positivity too :3

Original post by Idle
So I got my AS results:

Spoiler

These are also brilliant! :smile:

Congratulations to everyone receiving results today, whether they were what you wanted or not, the fact you did them is brilliant and there's always different routes for the future :smile: :hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5958
Original post by 08batee
Congratulations everyone :hugs: :hugs:

You too, big hugs!
Reply 5959
Original post by Idle
So I got my AS results:

Spoiler

Sorry I meant to quote you too :tongue: Congratulations. :hugs:

Latest