TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Managed to attend choral evensong at uni today, though it was very difficult. Don't think going to church during Holy Week is gonna happen - not safe to do so :cry:

On the plus side, had my (probably last) session with the uni chaplain today and she gave me a blessing. Part of me flipped out and part of me felt very safe #TLGLogic :facepalm:
*Deidre*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Racoon)
Yes, that hour change can throw things out sometimes.

Quite challenging to join a debate for pro-life, hope it goes well for you.
Well, I ended up declining to join the debate group. There was something about it, that didn't feel right to me. I believe in the pro life argument, but the group required you to be too immersed in their own mission, so thought it might be best to stay on my own and still fight the good fight. Thanks for the well wishes though

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm feeling like I'm getting sick. But, soon the weekend will be here!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Managed to attend choral evensong at uni today, though it was very difficult. Don't think going to church during Holy Week is gonna happen - not safe to do so :cry:

On the plus side, had my (probably last) session with the uni chaplain today and she gave me a blessing. Part of me flipped out and part of me felt very safe #TLGLogic :facepalm:
Big hugs hun. Remember that God is with you wherever you are as He lives in you and will be hugging you even now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Big hugs hun. Remember that God is with you wherever you are as He lives in you and will be hugging you even now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks lovely, def needed reminding of that

:lovehug:
*Deidre*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please pray for someone I know who is going through drug addiction, he has been struggling a lot with it and he is going to a rehab soon. Hopefully, this will help him get to the cause behind his addiction.

I hope everyone here had a good day. Seemed to have gone by fast. Watching Game of Thrones, I just started watching it and I'm on season 2. lol
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by *Deidre*)
Please pray for someone I know who is going through drug addiction, he has been struggling a lot with it and he is going to a rehab soon. Hopefully, this will help him get to the cause behind his addiction.

I hope everyone here had a good day. Seemed to have gone by fast. Watching Game of Thrones, I just started watching it and I'm on season 2. lol
Very sad to hear about your friend. I hope rehab helps him and that he's able to grapple with his inner demons and break free from the addiction. Praying! :sadnod:
*Deidre*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! I have never done drugs, and can only imagine the pain he's in. ((hug))
Very sad to hear about your friend. I hope rehab helps him and that he's able to grapple with his inner demons and break free from the addiction. Praying! :sadnod:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! I have never done drugs, and can only imagine the pain he's in. ((hug))
Yeah I've never done drugs either but I have a very addictive personality. That's why I avoid drugs and alcohol tbh - coz I know I'd get addicted very quickly and it would spiral out of control :sadnod:

Praying for your friend :yes:
wdkmwd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just stumbled upon this thread and it's safe to say that the GOD of Israel, not any other false arabian, indian or greek god, is truly the saviour of this world.

I realised this recently when I asked him to help my mother and grant me with admissions into Top Universities after stumbling a little at the beginning of my academic career.

I belong to Jesus, and nothing will ever change that.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wdkmwd)
Just stumbled upon this thread and it's safe to say that the GOD of Israel, not any other false arabian, indian or greek god, is truly the saviour of this world.

I realised this recently when I asked him to help my mother and grant me with admissions into Top Universities after stumbling a little at the beginning of my academic career.

I belong to Jesus, and nothing will ever change that.
Welcome
wdkmwd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Welcome

How do I join the society?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do I join the society?
There is a button you click somewhere but generally that doesn't matter - just post in the thread
Snake_God
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  bye.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  22.4 KB
wdkmwd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is a button you click somewhere but generally that doesn't matter - just post in the thread

Alright.

GOD bless you.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Alright.

GOD bless you.
God bless you too
*Deidre*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I've never done drugs either but I have a very addictive personality. That's why I avoid drugs and alcohol tbh - coz I know I'd get addicted very quickly and it would spiral out of control :sadnod:

Praying for your friend :yes:
That's interesting, that you know that about yourself. I sometimes wonder that about myself too. I'm grateful that I've returned to faith because it keeps me grounded, the love of Jesus keeps me at peace and not seeking to escape stress in a bad way, you know? It's easy to do that, we are all human.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's interesting, that you know that about yourself. I sometimes wonder that about myself too. I'm grateful that I've returned to faith because it keeps me grounded, the love of Jesus keeps me at peace and not seeking to escape stress in a bad way, you know? It's easy to do that, we are all human.
It's really great that your faith keeps you so grounded and away from bad habits that could get dangerous. I'm pleased you've returned to the faith too!
Duke Glacia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
today at church youth service weWatched a very inspring movie "Amazing Grace" story abt Wliiam Wilberforce and the abolishion of slave trade. i Wish I could follow the Bible as he did
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Duke Glacia)
today at church youth service weWatched a very inspring movie "Amazing Grace" story abt Wliiam Wilberforce and the abolishion of slave trade. i Wish I could follow the Bible as he did
I think the vast majority of us know and wish we could follow the Bible better, tbh

:hugs:
Duke Glacia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the vast majority of us know and wish we could follow the Bible better, tbh

:hugs:
Yeah, but i feel im getting far from God day by day. Got to make it a habit to read atleast one chapter a day(and not just psalms 117)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads