Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Juan)
    Israel has every right to defend themselves from terrorists and since this doctor was trying to help HAMAS, they have done nothing wrong
    What proof do you have that the doctor was helping Hamas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoop_frog)
    what?

defending themselves from the country they're trying to whipe off the face of the earth? palestine don't have a military let alone the advanced defence systems/weapons israel have been gifted rofl, why do people seem to think israelis are the victims? the jews are absolutely loving it

Spoiler:
    Show

rofl
    People will defend themselves even if they did wrong. I never said Israel was in the right but I damn well I know I'll fight even if I was in the wrong so I don't get bombed.

Also what about some of the shady killings and celebrating from the other side?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Pretty shameful, obviously. You don't deny people basic healthcare access because you disagree with them. I'm not going to join the Israel-bashing crowd but this is quite blatantly not on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Links here:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...244546404.html

and here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-30054556

Basically, Israel banned this doctor for "security concerns"

Thoughts?
    hardly major News and current affairs - " random man gets banned from entering country" - happens all the time all over the world
    surely he can practice medicine in Norway, im sure norweigians would appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    So much prejudice against Israel lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    ermm please do not include me in your ridiculous statements. Israel is a sovereign nation. She has to contend with unrelenting terrorist threats. If this doctor is not welcome in Israel there are plenty of other countries where he can ply his trade.
    Terorrism: "a person or group who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims."

In what way do Israel not fit this definition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    What proof do you have that the doctor was helping Hamas?
    He has terrorist written all over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    What is there to think other than confirming what we know: Israel are a terrorist organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronoPass)
    People will defend themselves even if they did wrong. I never said Israel was in the right but I damn well I know I'll fight even if I was in the wrong so I don't get bombed.
    by 'fight' do u mean blowing up their hospitals, stopping electricity supply, restricting water access etc meanwhile ur safe and sound in ur home cos obama, cameron and the israeli military got ur back

Also what about some of the shady killings and celebrating from the other side?
    which israel are doing only 10x as worse

do u srsly expect a country to get completely robbed off their land/ existence and just be cool with it? lol. ur not living in the real world

we felt sorry for the jews during the holocaust and now we're feeling sorry for them while they whipe out a whole nation

/howtogetbrainwashed101

ReputationRep:
    ermm please do not include me in your ridiculous statements. Israel is a sovereign nation. She has to contend with unrelenting terrorist threats. If this doctor is not welcome in Israel there are plenty of other countries where he can ply his trade.
    Gaza isn't in Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon_g)
    Well- Israel has a right to deny right to entry to anyone (who isn't an Israeli citizen).
    Gaza is not Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Nonsense.
    Expand on how bombing civilians hospitals, schools and places of worship, not to mention kids on the beach, isn't terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is there to think other than confirming what we know: Israel are a terrorist organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well seems ironic then that they force entry into places they aren't wanted doesn't it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by itsRochana)
    And this is why Israel remains my favourite country.

Spoiler:
    Show
    NOT

What security threats could the doctor possibly have posed?
    Spot on, repped you both :yy:

ReputationRep:
    People actually think Gaza is in Israel? :lol:

They haven't annexed Gaza get guys, they've just occupied it, blockaded it and are in the process of butchering its population, the annexation will probably occur when they have finished butchering.

ReputationRep:
    A huge amount of ignorance, both on this thread and in the linked articles. Israel is not on her own capable of banning anyone from Gaza. Israel is capable of banning people from crossing into Gaza through Israeli border crossings, or through the sea lanes on which Israel maintains a blockade. There is another crossing into Gaza, through Egypt. Egypt also maintains restrictions on this crossing due to the threat of terrorist activity from Gaza, and recently carried out a mass expulsion/demolition campaign to create a buffer zone along the border on order to stop cross-border smuggling and infiltration, which has played a role in terrorist attacks which have claimed the lives of scores of Egyptian soldiers, as well as a number of civilians.

Furthermore, Israel is under no moral obligation to render any assistance to Gaza, an independent hostile territory whose ruling party is a group sworn to the tireless pursuit of Israel's destruction and its replacement with a totalitarian Islamic state. For humanitarian reasons, or possibly because she's a massive sucker, Israel permits and facilitates limited passage of goods and people through two crossings with Gaza. Indeed, it was recently in the news that several close relatives of the Hamas leader in Gaza, along with hundreds of other Gazans, have received treatment in Israeli hospitals for medical conditions unrelated to the conflict. However these, along with allowing the crossing into Gaza of foreign parties, are goodwill actions that Israel is under no obligation to perform.

This doctor, meanwhile, worked at Shifa Hospital, a facility which as well as being the main hospital for the strip doubled during the war as the Hamas command centre for its military operations, the doctors and patients forming a human shield which protected the Hamas military leadership from air strikes. While it would be entirely legitimate for Israel to ban this man simply because they don't like him, there may well be legitimate security concerns beyond his propaganda work for Hamas, based upon his service in the Hamas military command centre.

ReputationRep:
    I can't blame you, they are just trying to defend themselves but it does look bad. You have to admit some of the things they have done have been iffy?
    in the fog of war terrible things can happen. the Israeli government and army have never said "OK guys today we are having target practice on that arab village... on the way over we can run over a bus queue with the tanks to check they are working properly"

ReputationRep:
    in the fog of war terrible things can happen. the Israeli government and army have never said "OK guys today we are having target practice on that arab village... on the way over we can run over a bus queue with the tanks to check they are working properly"
    But they did say ''okay guys lets bomb that beach where those kids are playing football despite no sight of enemy targets'' right?

ReputationRep:
    But they did say ''okay guys lets bomb that beach where those kids are playing football despite no sight of enemy targets'' right?
    you do not know what was happening... i can guarantee that the ground commander did not say " let's slot those kids ".

ReputationRep:
    you do not know what was happening... i can guarantee that the ground commander did not say " let's slot those kids ".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ling-four.html

''Journalists heard two loud explosions outside the Gaza City hotel, before children were pulled into the restaurant area for treatment. A journalist who saw the incident said some of the children who survived were running away when another shell seemed to be aimed at them.''

Well?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ling-four.html

''Journalists heard two loud explosions outside the Gaza City hotel, before children were pulled into the restaurant area for treatment. A journalist who saw the incident said some of the children who survived were running away when another shell seemed to be aimed at them.''

Well?
    Well what ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.