Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wow... What a **** show.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    The thing that I find laughable is that you actually have a decent squad. Even with Suarez gone and Sturridge injured you should still be top 8 without much of a problem, but it just seems like none of your players give a crap about the team any more. They're quite happy to take their money and put in a half arsed performance every time and that's utterly disgraceful.
    There is a difference between not caring and having low confidence. You should be giving more stick to Rodgers rather than the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    There is a difference between not caring and having low confidence. You should be giving more stick to Rodgers rather than the players.
    Low confidence is no excuse. Look at any of the teams near the bottom of the table and you'll see their players working till they drop every single match, putting every ounce of effort that they can into their performance all while playing for a team that is losing the majority of games, views every point as a great success and is going to spend the entire season fighting against relegation.

If every single player for Burnley can work their bloody socks off every time they step off the pitch then there is zero excuse for Liverpool players to not bother putting any effort in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The thing that I find laughable is that you actually have a decent squad. Even with Suarez gone and Sturridge injured you should still be top 8 without much of a problem, but it just seems like none of your players give a crap about the team any more. They're quite happy to take their money and put in a half arsed performance every time and that's utterly disgraceful.
    Means nothing when the manager is benching their best players every week. I think he is to blame rather than the players. Imagine if you're someone like Can, Lallana or Moreno, you've played well this season yet you're constantly seeing **** and past it players repeatedly getting a game ahead of you. It's not good for their morale, is it?

Mignolet, Gerrard, Skrtel & Johnson should all be dropped tbh. This has so much in common with us last season, where Moyes repeatedly started Young, Fellaini, Valencia, Cleverley and Ferdinand despite the fact they were all playing ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Low confidence is no excuse. Look at any of the teams near the bottom of the table and you'll see their players working till they drop every single match, putting every ounce of effort that they can into their performance all while playing for a team that is losing the majority of games, views every point as a great success and is going to spend the entire season fighting against relegation.

If every single player for Burnley can work their bloody socks off every time they step off the pitch then there is zero excuse for Liverpool players to not bother putting any effort in.

And as for your second point, why? Sure he's not doing great, and he does seem to be making some downright poor decisions but even if he's playing the wrong system, putting the wrong players out, and not doing the right things for the team that doesn't stop the players from working hard. It will make their life harder but instead of digging in and giving it their all your players just seem to give up the second a game starts to go against you.

ReputationRep:
    I know, the lack of confidence and belief in this team is extraordinary really. Everytime we manage to grind a win out (which is rarely) it feels like the team might actually get some confidence back and play like they've seen each other before, but they just can't manage it. Sad state of affairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    My reaction precisely

This season is a joke, we've become a mockery
    It's so much worse just because last season was so brilliant.

(Original post by sr90)
    They're out I think, as their H2H is worse than Liverpool and Basel.
    Ah that's good news. Least it's still in our control going into the last game..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Means nothing when the manager is benching their best players every week. I think he is to blame rather than the players. Imagine if you're someone like Can, Lallana or Moreno, you've played well this season yet you're constantly seeing **** and past it players repeatedly getting a game ahead of you. It's not good for their morale, is it?

Mignolet, Gerrard, Skrtel & Johnson should all be dropped tbh. This has so much in common with us last season, where Moyes repeatedly started Young, Fellaini, Valencia, Cleverley and Ferdinand despite the fact they were all playing ****.
    You know what I'd do? I'd work. I'd play my heart out every time I got on the pitch, but they don't. They all seem happy to sit back and put in the same minimal amount of effort that everybody else is whenever they do get a chance to prove themselves.

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is how soft we look? Players waltz past us and even when we press, they seem to ignore or shrug us off. Really bizzare to watch.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Never heard Gary Neville chat so much crap before in my life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Never heard Gary Neville chat so much crap before in my life.
    You're never going to get unbiased analysis on Liverpool from Gary Neville. It's the same when Souness talks about United.

You know what I'd do? I'd work. I'd play my heart out every time I got on the pitch, but they don't. They all seem happy to sit back and put in the same minimal amount of effort that everybody else is whenever they do get a chance to prove themselves.
    I wouldn't say you can apply that to any Liverpool player tbh, apart from Balotelli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Well that's that for Liverpool in the champions league imo. I dont see Rodgers fielding his best team against Basel with United being the next game in the league after that fixture. It's a shame, im surprised at how you guys failed to qualify in a group containing 2 European minnows. Would you guys take Europa?
    You do realise a draw counts for the same as a win to what Liverpool's aspirations of going forward in the CL...

A win vs Basel at home puts Liverpool through. That's not unfeasible. It's 50/50 tbh, and you'll probably get the bookies saying the same thing.

In fact they are 11/8 to go out of the group stage.

What was Neville talking about? Turned it off.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but in the Real Madrid game they showed a million times more effort and worked their asses off than but they still got dropped. Think you are giving Rodgers more protection than he deserves.

ReputationRep:
    We've conceded 13 goals this season from set pieces. :lol: What are they even doing in training.

ReputationRep:
    Our GD is 4 lower than Basel, do we need to beat them by at least 4, or is it head to head?

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you lot are doing so badly with the quality you have in your team tbh.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Our GD is 4 lower than Basel, do we need to beat them by at least 4, or is it head to head?
    If we beat them, we'll be higher on points anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    If we beat them, we'll be higher on points anyway.
    Oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    Are all the media reporters stupid or I am missing something. As long as Real Madrid beat Basel, whether Liverpool drew or won against Ludogorets makes absolutely no difference in terms of continuing with champions league. If Liverpool had won, they would have still needed to win against Basel, as a draw would put them on the same points as Basel but Basel would go through as they won against Liverpool at home. So why are all medias saying things like "Blow to Liverpool's chances blah blah blah"

I am Bulgarian so supported Ludogorets and they played really well today, give or take a few fatal mistakes. The advantage of being at home is clear but for a team like Liverpool, they really shouldn't allow to pretty much get outplayed in 2 games like that. Ok they won the first game, but that was the biggest gift ever with a totally un-needed penalty at injury time.

Unless something changes and quick. I'm sure Basel will win and go through. It might be, that the penalty from the first game against Ludogorets ensure that Liverpool don't come last in the group, which is just unbelievable really.

ReputationRep:
    i'm embarrassed that we couldn't beat ludogorets however the sad thing is that i kind of expected it.
    i did miss the match - how did we actually perform?

also, am i right in saying that technically a win would've made no difference in terms of getting through?
    obviously morale and form will be affected but even if we had won tonight, wouldn't we still have needed to beat basel anyway?

essentially didn't this game have no real effect unless we lost (or unless madrid slipped up)?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.