Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and England U'21's have come from behind twice to lead Germany U'21's 3-2, I said they were decent....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Does anyone watch the Arsenal channel on youtube?

I get the feeling Ox is really missing Jenko's banter this season, we need to keep him when he returns regardless of whether he's doing **** or not (and he's certainly not doing badly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQEvQ83sTzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnBRFr6Cu9I

He just isn't the same with Chambers
    Jenko and the Ox are a good laugh! The one with Chambers was just dull though.

ReputationRep:
    My man Jenko tearing it up for the u-21s.

Deserves a call up.

and... Jenko > Debuchy > Bellerin
    Chambers is a CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    anyone watchin u21 england game?
    Omg England are actually winning (but then again, it's only the u21s and a friendly. If it was an actual England v Germany senior match, ozil reus and muller would tear the English back line apart)

ReputationRep:
    That feeling when your U'21's beat a team with Barcalona no. 1 keeper in goal :eek:

ReputationRep:
    *cup keeper

ReputationRep:
    ter stegen was fukkin **** today.

ReputationRep:
    Queue the articles on BBC talking about "England's bright future".

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaand tomorrow England will be pumped by Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    *cup keeper
    I apologise you're right, I assumed because he's played in every CL game he'd also be their no. 1 keeper in the league, I was mistaken. Quite brave on Barca behalf having a cup keeper that also plays all the CL games, considering it's the most important competition for them

ReputationRep:
    This is what I mean about the negativity with England, there's literally no reason to expect us to lose tomorrow, we may be **** in important international competitions, but you can guarantee we'll beat a top 10 side in a meaningless friendly (for more information see matches against Spain and Brazil in the last few years)

ReputationRep:
    England are a joke the legendary Ray Hudson sums them up perfectly here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    England are a joke the legendary Ray Hudson sums them up perfectly here

Man said Wesley Sneijder :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Man said Wesley Sneijder :rofl:
    You don't rate Sneijder in 2010? He was sick!

ReputationRep:
    he's right....we're not some force,, people are too dopey to see we're not and never have been. Stevie G is a league legend, but was **** for England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguapa)
    he's right....we're not some force,, people are too dopey to see we're not and never have been. Stevie G is a league legend, but was **** for England.
    Gerrard and Lampard; two of the greatest midfielders in Premier League history apparently "couldn't play together".

Give me a break; with the quality that England have possessed, all it would've taken is a manager to match said quality.

Unfortunately we're stuck with a manager who constantly looks like he forgot why he walked in to the room...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Gerrard and Lampard; two of the greatest midfielders in Premier League history apparently "couldn't play together".

Give me a break; with the quality that England have possessed, all it would've taken is a manager to match said quality.

Unfortunately we're stuck with a manager who constantly looks like he forgot why he walked in to the room...
    Gerrard and Lampard didn't work because both were box to box, and neither were good enough as ball winners. They liked to make runs into the box (Lamps stayed more on the edge) and with 2 up top it just means there's congested space and nobody benefits. When most teams moved to a 3 man midfield after they realised the need for stability in midfield we were left behind. A 3 of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard could've worked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Gerrard and Lampard didn't work because both were box to box, and neither were good enough as ball winners. They liked to make runs into the box (Lamps stayed more on the edge) and with 2 up top it just means there's congested space and nobody benefits. When most teams moved to a 3 man midfield after they realised the need for stability in midfield we were left behind. A 3 of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard could've worked.
    Diamond midfield with Lampard at the tip, Gerrard and Scholes in the middle and Hargreaves at the base. Shift Beckham into right back.

Thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    I didn't mean just a midfield 2 of Gerrard and Lampard; as you point out, different systems could've worked if the managers had been creative/risky enough.

I just feel like England have wasted many players and a whole heap of quality, achieving more or less nothing.

It's a little ridiculous that since we were founded in 1870, we've won one major international trophy.

One.

That's the same as Greece...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I didn't mean just a midfield 2 of Gerrard and Lampard; as you point out, different systems could've worked if the managers had been creative/risky enough.

I just feel like England have wasted many players and a whole heap of quality, achieving more or less nothing.

It's a little ridiculous that since we were founded in 1870, we've won one major international trophy.

One.

That's the same as Greece...
    If Alex Ferguson was English we'd have won every competition from 2002 to 2008

Thoughts

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.