Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    yh real shadow, scoring at 1 every 100 minutes
    You know what I mean friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You know what I mean friend
    Whatever your point is, it's incorrect. Sturridge has been better than expected. He has 7 goals in 11 starts, and leads the league for goals per 90 for players with more than 5 appearances. So if this isn't 'decent' enough for you, nothing ever will be. He's doing his job fine.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Whatever your point is, it's incorrect. Sturridge has been better than expected. He has 7 goals in 11 starts, and leads the league for goals per 90 for players with more than 5 appearances. So if this isn't 'decent' enough for you, nothing ever will be. He's doing his job fine.
    I mean since he returned you mong

ReputationRep:
    cba to be honest, you're not worth the effort

ReputationRep:
    cba to be honest, you're not worth the effort
    Because you're wrong

ReputationRep:
    When does that chart start from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was just about to post this for Luke.

Sturridge doesn't play every game so clearly he's not going to be at the level he was in 13/14 in general play but he's always been a natural goalscorer in his history from his Bolton days onwards so Luke's just chatting **** as per usual.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anybody seen much of Lucas Alario? Signed him on FM 2015 and he was class, but then again, so was Freddy Adu on CM4.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge hasn't really tried to use his explosive pace since his latest return.

No one else as clinical as him in our squad though.

ReputationRep:
    Yh he does drop deep more often and links up. Over time he will gain confidence in his legs and will use his pace a bit more but this has been the longest that he has stayed injury free so you can see why he is holding back on that front.

ReputationRep:
    I support Sturridge as much as the next guy but the fact is that he's lost his spark. Maybe like Samir said, he's scared of getting injured again (especially with Euro 2016 coming up), but he isn't as explosive as he used to be and he's damn near ineffective when he plays for us now.

I do however think Sturridge is a big confidence player though. He clearly has the talent and there's no doubt he could finish the season excellently in a great run of form. With players like Vardy and Kane doing so well (and with Rooney's guaranteed spot), Sturridge may well find himself struggling to get a game for England if he doesn't improve.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge even without his pace is a master striker. His finishing is clinical, his movement to create shots is outrageously intelligent and his technical link up ability is as good as we'll realistically see for a while. Since he's returned to the team, we beat Villa 6-0, beat Augsburg over 2 legs, beat United over 2 legs, were winning 2-0 at Soton till he went off, and Sturridge was either our best or second best player in the league cup final, creating the goal with that driven ball. All this despite him refusing to sprint for obvious reasons, and with him being noticeably rusty, and Klopp yet to get the best out of him, and him not meshing in a partnership with Firmino just yet.

Writing off our best player on the grounds of injury is understandable. Writing him off on the grounds of quality is just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10108342/liverpool-closer-to-signing-Mario-Gotze

ReputationRep:
    lold

ReputationRep:
    You can't use him refusing to sprint as an excuse. That's his bloody job and if he chooses not to do it, he's open to criticism. I don't question Sturridge's general quality; I merely question is form and mentality. He is by no means guaranteed a place in the Euro 2016 team so instead of playing at 80% in the hope of maybe staying injury free, he should play at 100% so he actually gets a spot...

Oh and for the record, Coutinho is our best player in my opinion

You're impossible to have a debate with because you take disagreement personally. You think your opinion is above all others and simply cannot stand it when somebody doesn't share your Godly view. You may have mediocre football knowledge but you'll never be liked or respected because you're incapable of having a friendly debate.

ReputationRep:
    April Fools right Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You can't use him refusing to sprint as an excuse. That's his bloody job and if he chooses not to do it, he's open to criticism. I don't question Sturridge's general quality; I merely question is form and mentality. He is by no means guaranteed a place in the Euro 2016 team so instead of playing at 80% in the hope of maybe staying injury free, he should play at 100% so he actually gets a spot...

Oh and for the record, Coutinho is our best player in my opinion

You're impossible to have a debate with because you take disagreement personally. You think your opinion is above all others and simply cannot stand it when somebody doesn't share your Godly view. You may have mediocre football knowledge but you'll never be liked or respected because you're incapable of having a friendly debate.
    Lol at Coutinho being your best player. Tell me when Coutinho repeatedly won you games with his goals in the space of 18 months.

Sturridge playing at 80% because he's been off the field the past 2 seasons than on it. Yeah there is an excuse.

His goal record is exceptional even this season where he's being managed and playing at 80%. You're chatting :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. Talk about his injury record is fine but talk about his quality is just utterly nonsensical. He is one of the top strikers of the world when fit.

April Fools right Luke
    :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: he got me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No Benteke tomorrow, Origi available, Firmino late fitness test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I mean since he returned you mong
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Because you're wrong
    oh ffs can you two just get a grip and let it go, whenever I come on this thread you're at each others throats about something. Whatshisface can be a stubborn prick too at times, but it's nearly always you Luke who is kicking things off with stupid comments like this, and then you play the victim card afterwards and start talking about your obviously fake ignore list. I'm fairly certain you're not school kids any more so stop acting like it. What ever happened to this being a place to have rational conversations about football?

For the record, undoubtedly Sturridge is not playing at his best right now; his touch is off and he isn't sprinting, but it's hardly surprising given the injuries he has been through. He has still been a key part in recent victories. After past injuries, he has almost always come back with a hot streak of scoring form and then got injured again soon afterwards. This time he is doing the sensible thing and easing himself back into things. With respect to England, yes he is behind Kane and Vardy on current form (Rooney and Welbeck should be left at home ffs), but that is kind of because they are both in great form and rightfully deserve their place in the team. Sturridge can still be a vital part of the squad whether his form picks up or not. Quality wise, he is still the best this country has and it will come back to him eventually, there is no sense in rushing him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Glad to see Origi is available. I think he can offer us something really good going into this back end of the season. His work-rate and ability to do the hard yards and run himself into the ground can't be overlooked. He's perfect as a substitute with 25 minutes left to play, in my opinion.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.