This discussion is closed.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Meh, it's a mentality to be honest.

You guys are exceptional at turning up in the big games. That doesn't get you top 4 though - you've done the double over us yet we'll be level if we win our game in hand.

Liverpool on the other hand are two completely different sides. If we have a good game, you're in trouble. If (as I expect) we bottle it against you for the 3rd time, you'll embarrass us yet again.
Hmm I have a strong feeling Klopp will do the double over us now! We are **** and getting knocked out in the EL by you guys will put the final nail in the coffin. We were lucky in the last win at Anfield.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Scenes when you lose all 4
Scenes when we do the double over you for two years in a row....oh wait
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Hmm I have a strong feeling Klopp will do the double over us now! We are **** and getting knocked out in the EL by you guys will put the final nail in the coffin. We were lucky in the last win at Anfield.
I don't buy in to saying you were lucky though.
Not your fault we bottled it and couldn't finish a chance - the thing you should be praising is how your players kept going and only needed a single chance to win.

You're playing awful football but like I said you really do pick it up in the big games.
Under Klopp when we're playing well we can absolutely tear teams apart and you'd be no exception.
However our consistency is embarrassing and this tie could be over in the first leg if we don't turn up.

(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
Scenes when we do the double over you for two years in a row....oh wait

It's infuriating being a Liverpool fan against you guys. We always dominate the match and have all the chances but pay the price because we just can't get the ball in the net.
I'd be very disappointed if we don't turn up considering the EL is our only real chance of CL football and it's the main focus of our season now.

Going out to United is bad enough but going out meekly when we know we're better would just kill me.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Liverpool are hardly setting the world alight under Klopp. They're still **** and I'd even say they're worse than us. We should be beating them fairly easily but I'm never confident when we play them at Anfield. If we beat them at Anfield then we're pretty much through to the quarters of the Europa.

Season feels like it's done tbh. We won't win the FA cup, we won't win the Europa League (although it would be nice to knock Liverpool out if we can) and we don't look like we'll finish fourth. The next 4 games are season defining games. Win them all and everything looks decent again. Lose them all and we might as well look forward to the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's almost time

Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Juan Mata got a Premier League red card before Diego Costa

jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Costa is unredcardable.

He's got the psychological aspect of football down to a T.
Evil Genius
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is this turtle looking fraud still the manager? I swear that fool Woodward better not give him another year to sink the club further into mediocrity, but then again in 3 years all Ed Woodward has done is trash the club and make it into a laughing stock, so It wouldn't surprise me to see this fraud given a 5 year contract extension.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
Juan Mata got a Premier League red card before Diego Costa

That's actually amazing.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
That's actually amazing.
Not really when you consider that Diego Costa has has 2 red cards since 2009 (in league+europe) and the last time he was red carded in any competition was in 2013.

He's just not stupid enough to get himself to do an obvious red card offence, everything is calculated.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Mata's red card was idiotic and out of character but portion of the blame has to go the manager for unnecessarily resting Depay/Varela/Schneiderlin who had been playing well recently. He's clearly wanting to win the EL and guarantee a CL spot but think he's putting all eggs in one basket and ending up with none.
Wouldn't be surprised if he knows that the gig is up come the end of the season top 4 or not, and has decided the only way to save his job might be winning the EL, so he's all or nothing anyway.
oli19919
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Liverpool>Arsenal>Chelsea>United >City
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Well you ain't a liverpool fan are ya
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Not really when you consider that Diego Costa has has 2 red cards since 2009 (in league+europe) and the last time he was red carded in any competition was in 2013.

He's just not stupid enough to get himself to do an obvious red card offence, everything is calculated.
Whilst I agree he knows what he's doing and has an impressive ability to gauge what he can/can't get away with, I do think you give him a little too much credit.

A sizable amount of this is down to luck. Take the kick on Skrtel for instance. If the referee sees that or Skrtel makes a big deal, he would've been sent off no question. That's an obvious red card offence and came out of nothing - certainly not calculated...

I would compare him to Suarez in this way - both are brilliant players who have a nasty streak. Both Suarez and Costa know how to wind up players but also at times taken it too far and have been lucky to get away without red cards.

(Original post by oli19919)
Liverpool>Arsenal>Chelsea>United >City
I'm a Liverpool fan and we all know it's:

City > Chelsea > Arsenal > Liverpool >>>>>>>>>> United

Dirtybit thoughts?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)

I'm a Liverpool fan and we all know it's:

City > Chelsea > Arsenal > Liverpool >>>>>>>>>> United

Dirtybit thoughts?
Imagine putting Liverpool in front of United when we have beat you 4 times in 4 games with louis van fraud

Nice try *****
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Imagine putting Liverpool in front of United when we have beat you 4 times in 4 games with louis van fraud

Nice try *****
You're just THAT bad.

Done the double over us this season but we could still be level on points. Strong.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
You're just THAT bad.

Done the double over us this season but we could still be level on points. Strong.
Finished above you last year, above you right now, will finish still finish above you this year.

Meet me in Leeds m8
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Finished above you last year, above you right now, will finish still finish above you this year.

Meet me in Leeds m8
That doesn't answer the point I've just made m8

Ok. Wanna go to Starbucks and get a grande hot chocolate first?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
That doesn't answer the point I've just made m8

Ok. Wanna go to Starbucks and get a grande hot chocolate first?
Sure I'll meet you outside the bank in leeds with Michael Schofield zKlown
oli19919
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chill out I was only joking with my post

I missed out villa which would go just above United in the rankings

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.26%
Labour (139)
39.38%
Liberal Democrats (74)
20.96%
Green Party (26)
7.37%
Brexit Party (10)
2.83%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.7%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (4)
1.13%
Other (3)
0.85%
None (18)
5.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise