Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Btw whoever it was that posted that clever "if it has an R in its name then it's meant to be greateR than the critical value" yesterday, you saved my life so thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    No problem it seems like a massive relief not rote learning essays and memorizing names and studies lol.
    The studies... don't remind me those days are behind me now......

Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope

ReputationRep:
    My query is about the Research Methods question which asked you to state what statistical test you would use. I first wrote down Mann-Whitney U and then Chi-Squared below - I forgot to cross out one of my answers... Therefore, would I lose all of the marks for this question or my first answer will be taken (which I'm hoping is the correct one!)?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    For the consent form I think you had to include some ethical issues and make points using the scenario like how long the study is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioandluigi)
    why does it matter if the 4 bars are touching or not? you wouldn't lose a mark for that
    Of course you would, the data was not continuous. If your bars touched then you've definitely lost a mark and probably should go back to AS and learn how to express discontinuous data.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishingler)
    yeah that sounds familiar what would be included in that? is that therapies or public health intervention type things?
    Therapies, so you have done things like CBT, aversion therapy or covert desensitisation remember they only asked for one

PH isnt really psychological, but of course that's dependent on how you linked it and content included! I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issie1234)
    Aaaanyone do a histogram?
    I did ! I grouped the 2 bars together for the median and then for the range - I think its right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    Btw whoever it was that posted that clever "if it has an R in its name then it's meant to be greateR than the critical value" yesterday, you saved my life so thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a caption under the table which tells you that.. you didn't need to memorise it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you will need for a B grade? I don't think I did as well as I would of liked to.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nemanuel96;65760525]That exam fücked me in the àrse so hard. I think I'm bleeding.

An hour into the exam I thought "yep, I've failed" but somehow managed to do ao1 for all of them and generally evaluate them as best I could.

Omg samee😢😢😢😣

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    4 bars
    None touching
    Title and labelled axis
    Key

Got dissssssssssss
    Hate to say it but I think the two bars for the experimental and the two bars to the control group needed to be touching, as this would making it a clustered bar chart. Dunno if you'll lose marks for separating them though, they might allow it

ReputationRep:
    Hi, If you wrote the consent form like it was aimed at the students but not the parents how many makes would you get... i literally didn't see anything abt parents i think i got to carried away & now i'm really worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loraaa_p)
    My query is about the Research Methods question which asked you to state what statistical test you would use. I first wrote down Mann-Whitney U and then Chi-Squared below - I forgot to cross out one of my answers... Therefore, would I lose all of the marks for this question or my first answer will be taken (which I'm hoping is the correct one!)?

Thanks in advance!
    Was the Mann Whitney answer clear though? Cause if it wasn't and it looks like u put two answers then you'll likely to get no marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherrysweetlips)
    I did ! I grouped the 2 bars together for the median and then for the range - I think its right ?
    Yeah. I believe so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherrysweetlips)
    Did the same thing. Don't even know how to do a histogram anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issie1234)
    Aaaanyone do a histogram?
    Lool I did a bar chart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumayaplease)
    Hi, If you wrote the consent form like it was aimed at the students but not the parents how many makes would you get... i literally didn't see anything abt parents i think i got to carried away & now i'm really worried
    Why do people never read the question properly... You had to address it to the parents as it said so aswell as the fact they were only 15-16 so under age of consent

ReputationRep:
    LOL definitely failed reading some of these answers... #prayingforlowgradeboundaries

ReputationRep:
    For the applied addiction question on influences of media did you have to talk about bio appraoch, cognitive or learning? I just put about how media affected the guy in getting addicted by using research?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally_J)
    f

I put chi squared? The data was nominal (CNID)
    The data was ordinal not nominal

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.