Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squish•)
    Ooooooh, was that a reference to hyperbole?
    It was a reference to quit complaining and listen to the recitation :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much love do you have in your heart

A lot of times, we say that we love Allah (SWT) more than anything in this dunya, but do we ever stop to think about the strength of our love for him? Our love for our Creator should be endless, which is why we need to constantly work to strengthen this love. To help you build your relationship with Allah (SWT), just go through the list, and see where you need improvements. Here are some examples.

1. If your heart does not tremble when hearing about Allah (SWT), maybe you can spend more time reading or listening to the Qur’an.

2. If you constantly worry and aren’t at peace, try to remind yourself that this world is only temporary, and these worries will not last.

3. Rather than spending hours on Facebook, spend those hours on Youtube watching videos on the miracles of the Qur’an or try memorizing the 99 names of Allah (SWT) and their meanings.

4. If you do not lose sleep, then maybe try waking up on time for Fajr prayer. If you already do so, maybe stay awake before or after Fajr and make dhikr.

5. Maybe you can set weekly goals to help you impress Allah (SWT).

6. Maybe spend more time reciting Qur’an to see its eloquence and beauty.

7. If you do not make enough time to build your relationship, maybe make a weekly schedule where you leave an hour a day to study Islam.

8. Maybe try to set small goals to help you get rid of bad habits. If you smoke, for example, maybe try to smoke a bit less everyday. If you tend to raise your voice every time you are mad, maybe learn a new method that helps you cope with anger.
    9. Maybe you can try to learn a new skill. For example, learn to understand Arabic and the meanings behind the prayers you recite.

10. Spend more time reflecting about the afterlife. By simply reminding yourself about the afterlife, you will remind yourself that this world is temporary and that we are here to love and worship our Creator.

11. In order to love someone, you need to know the person. Take a moment to really ask yourself this question: Do you spend countless hours getting to know Allah (SWT)? If you put in the effort to understand Allah (SWT), whether it is through his prophets, books, or names, that love will eventually grow.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) loved many things. He loved his wife, his daughters, his companions, his people. But what defined him as a Muslim was that his love for Allah was above anything else. I pray that our love for Allah (SWT) continues to increase, and I pray that we can all build our relationship with our Creator. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

وأما السبب في وجوب محبته صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وتعظيمه أكثر من أي شخص فلأن أعظم الخير في الدنيا
    والآخرة لا يحصل لنا إلا على يد النبي صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ بالإيمان به واتباعه ، وذلك أنه لا نجاة لأحد من
    عذاب الله ، ولا وصول له إلى رحمة الله إلا بواسطة الرسول ؛ بالإيمان به ومحبته وموالاته واتباعه ، وهو
    الذى ينجيه الله به من عذاب الدنيا والآخرة ، وهو الذى يوصله إلى خير الدنيا والآخرة . فأعظم النعم وأنفعها
    نعمة الإيمان ، ولا تحصل إلا به وهو أنصح وأنفع لكل أحد من نفسه وماله ؛ فإنه الذى يخرج الله به من
    الظلمات إلى النور ، لا طريق له إلا هو ، وأما نفسه وأهله فلا يغنون عنه من الله شيئا

The reason why it is obligatory to love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and venerate him more than any other person is that we cannot attain the greatest good in this world or in the Hereafter except at the hands of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), by believing in him and following him. That is because no one can be saved from the punishment of Allaah, and the mercy of Allaah cannot reach him except by means of the Prophet, by believing in him, loving him, being loyal to him and following him. This is the means by which Allaah will save him from punishment in this world and in the Hereafter. This is the means by which he will attain what is good in this world and in the Hereafter. The greatest blessing is the blessing of faith, which can only be attained through him, and which is more beneficial than his own self and his wealth. He is the one by means of whom Allaah brings people forth from darkness into light, and there is no other way to Allaah. As for a person's self and family, they will not avail him anything before Allaah.

[Majmoo' al-Fataawa, 27/246]

ReputationRep:
    'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: Truth leads one to Paradise and virtue leads one to Paradise and the person tells the truth until he is recorded as truthful, and lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell, and the person tells a lie until he is recorded as a liar. (Sahih Muslim 2607, Book 45, Hadith 134)

ReputationRep:
    Be quick to give others the benefit of the doubt. Don't judge people. Our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "He who covers up (the faults and sins) of a Muslim, Allah will cover up (his faults and sins) in this world and in the Hereafter."[Muslim]

ReputationRep:
    Imagine for a moment... You are ill and there's medicine in front of you. That medicine will cure your illness and make you feel better but you don't take it. Silly right?

Now reflect on this Ayah - 'And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss' (Quran 17:82)

Sometimes we all feel lost in life. Yet Allah has given us the Quran. And He has said it's for our healing. Yet we still don't read it.

The medicine is there and yet we're still not taking it... It's been there for 1400 years and we're still not reading it as much as we should..

ReputationRep:
    ❝ Know that if people are impressed with you, in reality they are impressed with the beauty of Allah's covering of your sins ❞

{ Ibn Al-Jawzî }

ReputationRep:
    Ibn Al-Jawzee said:
    “Liberate your tongue to indulge in the remembrance of Allaah, but if you are unable to do so, then at the very least, restrain it from backbiting.”

[Kitaab Al-Lataa’if Fil-Waa’iz, p. 173]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Ameen.
    Haha yeah Alhamdulillah.
    What about you, how is everything now?
    Pretty much messed up sister. I lost my grandfather today morning so I'll be heading back to my country tonight for the funeral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    Pretty much messed up sister. I lost my grandfather today morning so I'll be heading back to my country tonight for the funeral.
    Inna lilah wa inna ilahi raji'oon
    Very sorry to hear the news, may Allah swt have mercy upon his soul.
    Stay strong, In shaa Allah you will be reunited with him soon.

(Original post by MnkyPolo)
    h333
    sis do you have a cat?
    Salaam sis x
    No I don't, do you?

(Original post by lifeisterrible99)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    well the 1st part is right but not the 2nd part
    he is 2 years and 3.5 months old
    cheater :naughty:
    Oh my do I have to be so precise?
    :innocent:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
    I am soooo sorry to hear that sis. May Allah give you and your family sabr. Ameen. May Allah have mercy on your grandfather and grant him Jannah. Ameen.

You must be so shattered and in despair I understand. May Allah grant you a safe journey. Ameen. I know this is a very hard time fo you but just keep trust in Allah swt and be there for your family insha'Allah.

Sis you know my pms are open for you <33 if you want to talk to me there instead. I can't thank you enough for all the duas you made for me Alhamdulillah. You're a sweet person masha'Allah and I am so sad to see you in this state SubhanAllah. May Allah remove all your sorrows. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon

The loss of loved ones in our lives is, no doubt, a time of difficulty and sadness. It is a time where you and your family are to stand together in mutual support, to share each other's burden despite your own. A time where you should focus on the memories of good times shared with the deceased - for that is what you will take ahead with you. A time where you should pray for Allah's rahmah for the deceased, for that is what shall take them ahead, inshaaAllah.

Importantly, death is a reminder. A reminder that nothing in this world lasts. A reminder that everything has its set measure, as decreed by Allah ta'ala. A reminder that our time here is shortlived and our possessions here shall not be of any use to us beyond this life. A reminder that everything in life is a scenario whereby our response is the focus, whether we respond with good or bad, with patience and submission to Allah ta'ala or with rebellion, whether we seek to become closer to Him or whether we get further away. It is a reminder that Allah alone is al-Hayy al-Qayyoom, the Ever-Living One who gives life to others and tye One who is Everlasting, that our love for Him alone is the love that shall not end in disappointment or sadness, that our nearness to Him is that nearness which shall not be subject to distancing so long as we continue to seek it.

May Allah ta'ala grant your grandfather Jannah for He does not fall short of giving to those who ask, may He remove and cover his imperfections for absolute perfection belongs to Allah alone, may He make the time ahead easy upon him, you and your family for there is no difficulty that cannot be lightened by His subjugation of circumstances. Remember Allah. Remember Allah. Remember Him in your heart and on your tongue. "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find resr" [Surah ar-Ra'd]

(Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Inna lilah wa inna ilahi raji'oon
    Very sorry to hear the news, may Allah swt have mercy upon his soul.
    Aameen

(Original post by h333)
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
    I am soooo sorry to hear that sis. May Allah give you and your family sabr. Ameen. May Allah have mercy on your grandfather and grant him Jannah. Ameen.

You must be so shattered and in despair I understand. May Allah grant you a safe journey. Ameen. I know this is a very hard time fo you but just keep trust in Allah swt and be there for your family insha'Allah.

Sis you know my pms are open for you <33 if you want to talk to me there instead. I can't thank you enough for all the duas you made for me Alhamdulillah. You're a sweet person masha'Allah and I am so sad to see you in this state SubhanAllah. May Allah remove all your sorrows. Ameen.
    Aameen

(Original post by Incredible97)
    []
    Awesome posts, jazaakillahu khayraa****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Sorry for late replies all, I'm free finally. You're all probably sleeping XD

Thanks graane, ameen. I certainly did :yep:

You should be home now XD I won't be at work tomorrow bc I have guests arriving in the afternoon.

Walaykum asalaam.
    Oh, I guess there'll be lots of good food then? 👀
    I'm not familiar with afghan food at all, but I'm going for a meal with some guys at work at some point. Any recommendations for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    Speaking of pets, I once had a sunni friend tell me that it is forbidden to keep a black dog. Obviously I was completely perplexed and asked why, the reply being that "[apparently] when it's dark, you can see their eyes which [by some mystical formula] causes them to be more mischievous".

Have you come across such a hadith (out of interest)?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I then asked for the source and he told me it's in the quran, but I later found out it was an hadith.
    Apologies, I typed a reply to your post and some others, but it didn't send and I didn't save it :facepalm:

Iirc there is a hadeeth about jinn taking the form of a black dog, so perhaps this presumption has its sources there. As for keeping one as a pet, afaik, it holds the same ruling as keeping any other sort of dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon

The loss of loved ones in our lives is, no doubt, a time of difficulty and sadness. It is a time where you and your family are to stand together in mutual support, to share each other's burden despite your own. A time where you should focus on the memories of good times shared with the deceased - for that is what you will take ahead with you. A time where you should pray for Allah's rahmah for the deceased, for that is what shall take them ahead, inshaaAllah.

Importantly, death is a reminder. A reminder that nothing in this world lasts. A reminder that everything has its set measure, as decreed by Allah ta'ala. A reminder that our time here is shortlived and our possessions here shall not be of any use to us beyond this life. A reminder that everything in life is a scenario whereby our response is the focus, whether we respond with good or bad, with patience and submission to Allah ta'ala or with rebellion, whether we seek to become closer to Him or whether we get further away. It is a reminder that Allah alone is al-Hayy al-Qayyoom, the Ever-Living One who gives life to others and tye One who is Everlasting, that our love for Him alone is the love that shall not end in disappointment or sadness, that our nearness to Him is that nearness which shall not be subject to distancing so long as we continue to seek it.

May Allah ta'ala grant your grandfather Jannah for He does not fall short of giving to those who ask, may He remove and cover his imperfections for absolute perfection belongs to Allah alone, may He make the time ahead easy upon him, you and your family for there is no difficulty that cannot be lightened by His subjugation of circumstances. Remember Allah. Remember Allah. Remember Him in your heart and on your tongue. "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find resr" [Surah ar-Ra'd]

Aameen

Aameen

Awesome posts, jazaakillahu khayraa****
    BarakAllahu feek for that post, you articulate yourself in such a way that brings tears man, subhanAllah. You ought to compose a book sometime, and I'll be the first to purchase it in shaa Allah
    Do you still write on your blog?

ReputationRep:
    “He whom Allah has predestined to enter Paradise, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from calamities; and he whom Allah has predestined to enter the Hellfire, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from lusts.”

Ibn Al-Qayyim

ReputationRep:
    The slave is not afflicted with a punishment greater than the hardening of the heart and being distant from Allah. For the Fire was created to melt the hardened heart. The most distant heart from Allah is the heart which is hardened. If the heart becomes hardened, the eye becomes dry.”

Ibn Al-Qayyim

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.