Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Capello to drop Gerrard and play Joe Cole on the left, sticking with 4-4-2, what d'ya think?
    is this just some random wum, or did you read it somewhere lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    is this just some random wum, or did you read it somewhere lol
    My prediction :mmm:

It'd make me happy too.

ReputationRep:
    He's Scottish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    Top Tip for England's next game:

If you're watching on Sky+ press pause and wait a second before pressing play. Being a second or two behind the live play will give you that authentic Emile Heskey viewpoint.
    Hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooooo gooooooooo englandddddddd!! xD

ReputationRep:
    Is there a more odious **** in world football than John terry? Shame Carragher is suspended because if he wasn't I'm sure John Terry would be sat on the bench on Wednesday night. What an utter ******* he is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting worried that we might actually get knocked out on Wednesday. I had so much faith in Capello but that faith is washing away with every performance. Think the formation is all wrong but he shows no sign of changing things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Is there a more odious **** in world football than John terry? Shame Carragher is suspended because if he wasn't I'm sure John Terry would be sat on the bench on Wednesday night. What an utter ******* he is.
    The man is scum. Capello is shining light on the awful culture in this group of so-called professionals, although there are a few genuine characters. Apparently Terry thought he'd be reappointed captain when Ferdinand got injured-not only is he a ******* but a seriously deluded one at that.

I still think we'll win on Wednesady night (here in Australia) but can't see us going much further.

On the other hand, at least we are not French!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    (Original post by killerhales)
    The man is scum. Capello is shining light on the awful culture in this group of so-called professionals, although there are a few genuine characters. Apparently Terry thought he'd be reappointed captain when Ferdinand got injured-not only is he a ******* but a seriously deluded one at that.

I still think we'll win on Wednesady night (here in Australia) but can't see us going much further.

On the other hand, at least we are not French!!
    Both of you been twisted by the press then? There was nothing wrong with his interview - addressed issues honestly and gave his full support and respect to Capello. Yet we saw much of the press print his comments out of context and possibly pretending there was some of an agenda behind his comments.

Quite funny kpg wants Carragher in his place - short memory?

ReputationRep:
    What did he say exactly? From what I've been hearing, he's been saying stuff like, Joe Cole should definitely start and how J.Cole and Rooney are the only people who can break down defences.

If thats true then he's lost even more respect, if he even had any in the first place, from me. By saying Joe Cole should definitely start he's basically saying someone in the team isn't good enough, imagine how that makes players like Heskey and Lennon feel? And then this crap about how J.Cole and Rooney are the only players who can break down defences or something? Wtf? Just imagine how that makes players like Gerarrd and Lampard feel. I'm just glad that when he bought it up, none of the other players supported him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What did he say exactly? From what I've been hearing, he's been saying stuff like, Joe Cole should definitely start and how J.Cole and Rooney are the only people who can break down defences.

If thats true then he's lost even more respect, if he even had any in the first place, from me. By saying Joe Cole should definitely start he's basically saying someone in the team isn't good enough, imagine how that makes players like Heskey and Lennon feel? And then this crap about how J.Cole and Rooney are the only players who can break down defences or something? Wtf? Just imagine how that makes players like Gerarrd and Lampard feel. I'm just glad that when he bought it up, none of the other players supported him.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8750303.stm

Watch the news conference - it would be more than Capello says he's done. Then you may feel the need to alter most of your post.

ReputationRep:
    A sick part of me wouldn't mind England being knocked out. The implications would be devastating, very exciting and intriguing. Capello would have to resign, for starters. What a crumble that would be. We may be **** but these are highly interesting times folks. And there was me thinking this world cup was all a bit too dull, rofl.

I'm expecting some crumble come Wednesday evening. The pressure will be too much for the players, IMO. Terry should have kept his gob shut and kept things in-house. What a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8750303.stm

Watch the news conference - it would be more than Capello says he's done. Then you may feel the need to alter most of your post.
    What part of what I said does the conference repute? Sorry I haven't got speakers or anything atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What part of what I said does the conference repute? Sorry I haven't got speakers or anything atm
    I do not remember JT saying Joe Cole should definitely start - just praised his and Wayne's ability to break up opposition teams and said they were probably the only ones that could do so. Don't see why other attacking players should get upset by a squad members opinion, one that shouldn't really have a bearing either.

The press have taken everything out of proportion. Eg a meeting to watch and discuss the Algeria game which I expect is fairly standard was labelled a 'crisis meeting' in the papers etc.

ReputationRep:
    I do not remember JT saying Joe Cole should definitely start - just praised his and Wayne's ability to break up opposition teams and said they were probably the only ones that could do so. Don't see why other attacking players should get upset by a squad members opinion, one that shouldn't really have a bearing either.
    Terry, is imo, the best leader in the England squad. And as a senior player in the England squad I think his opinions, especially when he goes and publicly announces them, will have a effect on the more inexperienced players such as Lennon.

I'm pretty sure I read in a few places that he said J.Cole should start but by basically saying him and Rooney are the only players that can break down defences, he's surely pretty much saying that he thinks Cole should start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Terry, is imo, the best leader in the England squad. And as a senior player in the England squad I think his opinions, especially when he goes and publicly announces them, will have a effect on the more inexperienced players such as Lennon.

I'm pretty sure I read in a few places that he said J.Cole should start but by basically saying him and Rooney are the only players that can break down defences, he's surely pretty much saying that he thinks Cole should start?
    That's his opinion, does it imply he thinks JC should start? Probably. But he knows he isn't the manager, he doesn't make the decisions and that's why as far as I remember he didn't actually say it. I'm pretty sure most England supporters share a similar opinion to JT in how Joey Cole can influence the side - probably the same ones who are criticising his opinion now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's his opinion, does it imply he thinks JC should start? Probably. But he knows he isn't the manager, he doesn't make the decisions and that's why as far as I remember he didn't actually say it. I'm pretty sure most England supporters share a similar opinion to JT in how Joey Cole can influence the side - probably the same ones who are criticising his opinion now. :rolleyes:
    Difference is that were just petty fans whereas John Terry is a senior figure in the England squad

ReputationRep:
    It's not his role to say who the ONLY attacking players in the side are, it's not his role to be a player's representative and it's not his role to be telling the media he's going to be telling Capello what's what and making jokes about Nicolas Anelka.

Wayne Bridge is sat at home instead of playing in a world cup because this ********* ****** his wife. You'd think after the embarassment of being stripped of your england captaincy you'd show a bit of humility, a bit of class and just get on with playing football. But no. John Terry is the most odious **** in world football. With any luck, regardless of how England do in this world cup Capello stays in the job and doesn't let Terry represent his country ever again. ********* mouthy ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    It's not his role to say who the ONLY attacking players in the side are, it's not his role to be a player's representative and it's not his role to be telling the media he's going to be telling Capello what's what and making jokes about Nicolas Anelka.

Wayne Bridge is sat at home instead of playing in a world cup because this ********* ****** his wife. You'd think after the embarassment of being stripped of your england captaincy you'd show a bit of humility, a bit of class and just get on with playing football. But no. John Terry is the most odious **** in world football. With any luck, regardless of how England do in this world cup Capello stays in the job and doesn't let Terry represent his country ever again. ********* mouthy ****
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    How depressing and indicative of how bad we are, despite the millions upon millions of pounds thrown at the team that we're heading into a crunch game against the mighty footballing nation of Slovenia, generally worried they might tonk us and dump us out of the cup.

There is something seriously wrong if these players, who must play under some really intense conditions every week in the Premier and Champions League and are supposedly the pinnacle of English football, cannot string 2 passes together and get the basics right like against Algeria, (another footballing giant) and do the simple things that we see on Sunday league pitches.

What a mess. But at least we're not French!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.