Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Mid-June sounds like no time at all when you remember we have half term and bank holidays too to make things more interesting.

I have tickets to go and see Wicked the evening I finish I usually work at download but I think this year I might just sleep right through it.
    I love wicked, such a great show
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchit99)
    I love wicked, such a great show
    We've only ever seen a bootleg copy but absolutely love the songs. I finish uni for the very last time at 3pm and get straight in the car to drive for three hours to see it

ReputationRep:
    We've only ever seen a bootleg copy but absolutely love the songs. I finish uni for the very last time at 3pm and get straight in the car to drive for three hours to see it
    Awesome, you seeing it on the west end because thats the best version! Just amazing, excellent, love it! You are very lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Well done on getting an interview! I had my first NQT interview a few weeks back so I thought I'd tell you how I structured mine. Might be of some help?

Introduction - your name, what you're there to do (i.e.: teach them about ...)
    Behaviour management - you need to do this straight away, before you start teaching them. Lay out your expectations up front. When you're talking, they're silent. When you clap your hands/count down to zero/ring a bell (whatever technique you use to get their attention) then they need to stop talking, put their pens down and look at you. Once you've got your expectations out there, they'll know where they stand with you.
    Brief intro/starter - Introduce the topic - Afl - what do they already know? How confident do they feel in that subject etc? This will help you know how to differentiate. Model anything you need to model.
    Main task - about 10-15 mins I'd say. Mini-plenaries if necessary. Show clear differentiation and have a challenge for those that might finish early.
    Plenary - ask them how they felt about the task, what strategies did they use, how would they do it different next time etc.

Feel free to DM me if you want any more detail on my lesson plan or questions I got asked at the interview.
    Thanks for the reply and to others who have also replied!
    oh that's a good idea, I never thought to set out behaviour expectations before the activity other than don't be too loud. I was just going to correct behaviour as I go along.

ReputationRep:
    My timetable has just increased to 15 lessons per week. Going from 8 lesson in last placement to 15 in new school.

How do you all plan for so many lessons per week? Any tips would be great

ReputationRep:
    Is it inappropriate to ask out the ict technician at my placement school? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Is it inappropriate to ask out the ict technician at my placement school? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, do it.

It'd be weird to ask mine out - I have to walk through their offices to get out of mine but if you don't have that issue then do it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, do it.

It'd be weird to ask mine out - I have to walk through their offices to get out of mine but if you don't have that issue then do it.
    Well I want to but he shares his office with someone else so don't know how to get him on his own to ask him. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If there's one thing this thread needs, it's a romance! Do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Oh, it is totally insane. I feel like an obsessed 16 year old again. I find myself looking for tech problems just so I have an excuse to see him. But yes, as I said above, the problem is that I struggle to catch him alone because he shares his office with another guy. No way I am asking him out in front of someone else .

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it is totally insane. I feel like an obsessed 16 year old again. I find myself looking for tech problems just so I have an excuse to see him. But yes, as I said above, the problem is that I struggle to catch him alone because he shares his office with another guy. No way I am asking him out in front of someone else .
    If you are smart enough to cope with a PGCE, you're smart enough to wangle a moment alone. You go, girl!

ReputationRep:
    If you are smart enough to cope with a PGCE, you're smart enough to wangle a moment alone. You go, girl!
    Ha, as wise as always. I will keep this thread updated...

ReputationRep:
    Ha, as wise as always. I will keep this thread updated...
    You must! I only get second hand thrills these days!

ReputationRep:

Agreed! My love life has been so bleak since starting this course that it'd be nice to see someone take a chance :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Agreed! My love life has been so bleak since starting this course that it'd be nice to see someone take a chance :')
    I met my husband on my PGCE course. I'm keen to see a repeat on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    I am quite confident with making the first move so I think I will at some point. If he says no then oh well at least I asked. And it's a compliment for him. Who knows. Now just to break something then I can get him alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am quite confident with making the first move so I think I will at some point. If he says no then oh well at least I asked. And it's a compliment for him. Who knows. Now just to break something then I can get him alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How cool would that be... Especially if you decided not to go in to teaching, it would be like "If I never did the PGCE we wouldn't have met!!!"

We will all be checking for updates!!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good on you! Let us know how it goes!

When I was training I was too exhausted to think, let alone find a boyfriend! Within a week of finishing school in July I was on a dating site and met my boyfriend 6 weeks later. 7 months down the line and we're going strong, but it's been hard enough finding time to see him as an NQT, I can't imagine how I'd have done it last year!

As for getting him alone, you need to track the other guy's break schedule, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    What was the assignment questions, where do I find examples?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.