Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So whoever said the Suarez deal was a bluff was wrong lol...some of the sports commentators on here.

Wenger is clearly trying to get him by thinking £40,000,001 would trigger a clause.

I don't want him. He isn't worth that. If we're willing to spend that much on him, I'd prefer rooney. Rooney is more of the player we need, a team player. Suarez wants the ball fed to him all the time like he's some sort of magician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    BBC Sport, Sky Sports News, The Times, The Guardian, the twitter reliables all confirming we've made the 40m bid to trigger his release clause. I don't see anything to doubt as far as sources go.
    Everyone corroborates on the story but it isn't a release clause we've triggered, it's a crappy clause that means Liverpool have to tell Suarez about the offer. And they rejected it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    So whoever said the Suarez deal was a bluff was wrong lol...some of the sports commentators on here.

Wenger is clearly trying to get him by thinking £40,000,001 would trigger a clause.

I don't want him. He isn't worth that. If we're willing to spend that much on him, I'd prefer rooney. Rooney is more of the player we need, a team player. Suarez wants the ball fed to him all the time like he's some sort of magician.
    He does have a lot on unsuccessful dribbles with the ball, but he's still a top player. If he didn't come with so much baggage, then I'd say £40m is a fair evaluation for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Everyone corroborates on the story but it isn't a release clause we've triggered, it's a crappy clause that means Liverpool have to tell Suarez about the offer. And they rejected it anyway
    The final dagger in Liverpool's back is coming. I smell that transfer request already.... Thank God for player power

ReputationRep:
    **** Law opens a suitcase of 40 million £1 coins to Liverpool. Let's make it happen.

ReputationRep:
    Now that this myth of Suarez's release clause has been distinguished, how about you offer a reasonable amount. Bidding starts at £60m+ i'd say for our fellow top 4 rival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    I know, but the point is we've made a bid of genuine intent, not just a rumour or a bluff bid. From what sources are saying, we expected it to be rejected anyway, but this is where Suarez and his agent Pere Guardiola can start to kick up a fuss. bbc saying Suarez is interested in joining us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle~)
    Now that this myth of Suarez's release clause has been distinguished, how about you offer a reasonable amount. Bidding starts at £60m+ i'd say for our fellow top 4 rival.
    For a player known to get 10 match bans at regular intervals? You must be joking.

And lol at Liverpool being a top 4 rival. Everton are your top 6 rivals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle~)
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    He does have a lot on unsuccessful dribbles with the ball, but he's still a top player. If he didn't come with so much baggage, then I'd say £40m is a fair evaluation for him.
    On what basis? We could get Michu for £15m or could've got Benteke for £25m. Just because these players are better known shouldn't mean they're worth more. I base it all on goals. Suarez averages a goal every two games in the premier league. We need someone better than that in all honesty. Return of 19 goals a season...Walcott or Giroud could do that for us next season.

I want Higauin, whp's record has improved season on season at Madrid despite not having much game time. £33m on Higuain> £45-50m for Suarez.

Tbh, Suarez will not happen. If he wanted to come he wouldn't have flirted about. 'It's nice to know I'm valued by a club like Arsenal'...that means F-all. He wants Madrid and Liverpool will end up selling to them - most likely for less than £40m. Says it all. Madrid are playing their usual games. They'll get their Napoli money for Higuain and spend it on Suarez and take Bale.

Then Chelsea will get Rooney and we'll get some kid from France. Not being funny, but what other top strikers are available? They're all going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    ''I hope **** Law flicked that pound coin into a Liverpool representative's coffee mug then blew cigar smoke into his face.''

:clap2:
    His next tweet :lol::lol::lol:

'Now go and bell your wife, tell her you've just seen what a real man looks like, yeah?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    I know, but the point is we've made a bid of genuine intent, not just a rumour or a bluff bid. From what sources are saying, we expected it to be rejected anyway, but this is where Suarez and his agent Pere Guardiola can start to kick up a fuss. bbc saying Suarez is interested in joining us.
    Ah yes true, hopefully Suarez will kick up a fuss, I'm sure he's not above being a whiny ***** to get a move.

Wasn't a bluff bid, but was a bit of a troll bid. £1:hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    On what basis? We could get Michu for £15m or could've got Benteke for £25m. Just because these players are better known shouldn't mean they're worth more. I base it all on goals. Suarez averages a goal every two games in the premier league. We need someone better than that in all honesty. Return of 19 goals a season...Walcott or Giroud could do that for us next season.

I want Higauin, whp's record has improved season on season at Madrid despite not having much game time. £33m on Higuain> £45-50m for Suarez.

Tbh, Suarez will not happen. If he wanted to come he wouldn't have flirted about. 'It's nice to know I'm valued by a club like Arsenal'...that means F-all. He wants Madrid and Liverpool will end up selling to them - most likely for less than £40m. Says it all. Madrid are playing their usual games. They'll get their Napoli money for Higuain and spend it on Suarez and take Bale.

Then Chelsea will get Rooney and we'll get some kid from France. Not being funny, but what other top strikers are available? They're all going.
    Suarez didn't play as the main striker for a lot of those Premier League games. He did for the majority of last season though, and his return was impressive. With the likes of Cazorla and Wilshere behind him now, I'm sure he can at least match that again.

Michu and Benteke would not be massive (if at all) improvements on Giroud. Higuain isn't Premier League proven but he probably would have been a good buy. Liverpool are (in their minds at least) rivals, or at least think they will be this coming season. They're going to ask for more than they would from abroad. Still can't believe they shipped off Torres to London for £50m ffs.

(Original post by Kyle~)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously guys get real. You have no chance with Suarez. He's either staying with us for another year, or he'll be off to Bayern/Real; which is a career leap. Why would he want to move sideways and join Arsenal where he also has to stay in England? I'll have a good old laugh looking back at some of these comments come Sept 1st when Suarez will not be an Arsenal player. Madrid are still favourites to sign him without even making a bid!:lol:

I hope this Suarez saga ends soonish either way tbh. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle~)
    Seriously guys get real. You have no chance with Suarez. He's either staying with us for another year, or he'll be off to Bayern/Real; which is a career leap. Why would he want to move sideways and join Arsenal where he also has to stay in England? I'll have a good old laugh looking back at some of these comments come Sept 1st when Suarez will not be an Arsenal player. Madrid are still favourites to sign him without even making a bid!:lol:
    It's not really sideways is it though.

We have something to offer him that you can't. I believe, and I'm not 100% sure when I say this, that we offer him a chance to play in Europe's elite club competition, and again, which I believe but am not sure, is called the UEFA Champions League?

Am I correct?

Me thinks so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I hope this Suarez saga ends soonish either way tbh. :yawn:
    At least its a saga that might benefit us in some way. We've always been involved in some summer saga that has led to one of our top players leaving.

In all fairness Suarez is much better than Cavani who went for £55m so I'm not worried about the valuation. I'm just concerned about his personality but if there is any manager who can change him its got to be Wenger right? If we can bag a big player like that it will send a strong message to the other title contenders as well I suspect. I yearn for the times when we at least challenged the likes of Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried Liverpool won't sell. Then who do we turn to? Clearly we won't go out for someone at the same price but it's gotta be someone very decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    But don't Arsenal fans usually take the moral high ground when it comes to the players they employ? LOL that'd go out the window if Suarez joined.
    How did you come to that conclusion baring in mind our most beloved player "mr. Arsenal" did a stretch for drink driving ? I don't get why people feel the need to try and defend their players for everything anyway like Liverpool fans did Suarez, because as far as I can tell the bloke is clearly a ****. I would support him when he's on the pitch helping arsenal win but I wouldnt suddenly try and make myself like him or feel compelled to defend his every move if he does sign. Always thought gallas was a ****er but didn't root for him to play **** which would **** arsenal over shockingly

Highly doubt it will happen anyway. Can see Madrid coming in before too long and signing him, and it makes no sense for Liverpool to sell him to us, and he won't wanna stay in England but part from that...

ReputationRep:
    Can't see Suarez going Arsenal at all people need to squash that dream. Who else are Arsenal linked to? Interesting to see who they will sign this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.