Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone on here going to Anglia Ruskin (Chelmsford) for primary pgce in September. If so there is now a group on facebook to get to know people on the course before hand for general stuff and support

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428196070775372/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Can you not give a call to the withdrawn offer? they owe you a proper explanation! x
    I'm going to call them tomorrow. Thanks. I'm not too excited about finding out though - anything they tell me is just likely to knock my confidence even more! But I suppose it is important to know for future :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_aboutry)
    well it's nice to know some other people studying at Chester even if you wont be on my route-are you both going to the pre-induction day on the 17th July or do school direct people have a different date?
    I've not heard about a pre-induction day yet, I got my offer letter yesterday and have sent them all my evidence I'll probably get information soon so excited! Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_Parry)
    is anybody starting either primary or early years pgce at Chester uni in September? I've been looking to see if there's a group started anywhere but can't find anything, would be great to hear from anyone else who is on the course!
    I am!! On the condition I get at least a 2:1 classification. I have been looking to see of there are any groups but haven't found anything as yet! Are you doing Primary or Early Years? I can't wait to start!

ReputationRep:
    For anyone starting a PGCE this thread is amazing: http://community.tes.co.uk/tes_train.../t/495596.aspx

It is really useful for the time before we start! Am so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HxH)
    Hi,

Has anyone else been offered a waiting list place for IOE PGCE English? I had my interview a while ago, and was offered a waiting list place which is so annoying !
    Anyone else in the same boat? Or was in the same boat and was offered a full? I am getting anxious now
    Hi, I had an interview for primary with UEL back in April and have been told that I am on a waiting list. I really want to find out as soon as possible but they said they are unable to give me a timeframe of when I will find out.
    I am working abroad so I can't attend any other interviews at the moment so I getting a little worried about things too. I'd be interested to know how many people get offered a place after being put on a waiting list. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Random question, do we get sent the welcome letter from ucas through the post or through an email? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    Random question, do we get sent the welcome letter from ucas through the post or through an email? Thanks
    Through the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Through the post.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    When do universities usually stop taking PGCE applications?

For example, every university in London that offers Secondary Computer Science still have vacancies and are accepting applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlankTen)

For example, every university in London that offers Secondary Computer Science still have vacancies and are accepting applications.
    September. But places might be full by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flapjack91)
    Hello!

Has anyone else applied for Secondary Geography at the Institute of Education?

I had my interview on Monday and am (impatiently :P) waiting their reply. I got a positive indication that I got in and so I want the confirmation to come though!

How long does it roughly take for a reply after an interview to come through (specifically for the IOE)?

I had an interview for PGCE Citizenship with IOE, those successful got a personal relpy the next day from the co-ordinator, the declined lot (including me) did not get a reply at all just the horrid read writing on the UCAS website the next couple of days. I got in at another Uni, so I am happy now.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the reserve list for Swansea - had my interview in January but got a phone call in April for a place! I know of someone doing course this year though who had 3 days notice of starting the course!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered a place with a third class degree? I have 3 years of classroom experience including SEN but a third class (personal/family reasons meant I had to stop and start my course quite a lot) any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BlankTen)

They'll accept until September. Computer science isn't filling up quickly at all. I put my application in this morning after contacting several places saying they still have places so hoping something will work out for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    They'll accept until September. Computer science isn't filling up quickly at all. I put my application in this morning after contacting several places saying they still have places so hoping something will work out for me
    Where have you applied for?

I applied earlier in the year, but withdrew my 3 applications (still on apply 2) who offered me interviews after becoming stressed with my dissertation and deciding to have a year out once I'd finished my undergraduate degree.

Ironically, now I've finished my dissertation and have found out I'll likely get a 2:1 when results are published next month, I can't shake the thought of just going for it this year...

Very indecisive. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramcintosh88)
    I am!! On the condition I get at least a 2:1 classification. I have been looking to see of there are any groups but haven't found anything as yet! Are you doing Primary or Early Years? I can't wait to start!
    hiya! aw good i'm so glad i've found someone haha was beginning to worry! i'm doing early years! have you started this voluntary essay yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peekandboo)
    Has anyone been offered a place with a third class degree? I have 3 years of classroom experience including SEN but a third class (personal/family reasons meant I had to stop and start my course quite a lot) any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi I don't know of anyone personally, but last year I had a Primary PGCE interview at UEA and they said in the intro "don't worry if you're sitting there with a 2:2 or a 3rd, you can still get onto the course, you just can't get a bursary to help with fees." So I assume it is possible, but you might have to provide something like a portfolio of writing to show that you're capable of Masters level work. I think the only way you'll know for sure will be to email individual universities and ask them directly if they would consider applicants with 3rds. It sounds like you have good school experience, so that can only help your chances. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_Parry)
    hiya! aw good i'm so glad i've found someone haha was beginning to worry! i'm doing early years! have you started this voluntary essay yet?
    We seem to be the only two people on the course haha, I haven't come across anyone else going to Chester as yet!! No I haven't started it, but definitely going to attempt it. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Totoro_)
    Hi I don't know of anyone personally, but last year I had a Primary PGCE interview at UEA and they said in the intro "don't worry if you're sitting there with a 2:2 or a 3rd, you can still get onto the course, you just can't get a bursary to help with fees." So I assume it is possible, but you might have to provide something like a portfolio of writing to show that you're capable of Masters level work. I think the only way you'll know for sure will be to email individual universities and ask them directly if they would consider applicants with 3rds. It sounds like you have good school experience, so that can only help your chances. Good luck
    Thanks I haven't got any masters work! Should I then think about doing a masters before a pgce?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.