Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Newcastle's squad is ridiculous. I've got £50 on them beating Reading's total of 106 points.
    Consistency is an issue.
    Personally I'd like to see Brentford do well. They've a lovely style of football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Think you're owed a top 6 finish after all these years but I've read about all your departures and am sort of regretting that prediction already
    Last season was the best chance we will have for a while, and we blew it in spectacular fashion. Mowbray has offloaded 3 very good midfielders for L1, in addition to losing Murphy and Maddison. There is also no adequate replacement for Armstrong and Aaron Martin was offloaded for no good reason either. Think it will be mid-table or lower to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the championship, Rafa.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fair to say Fulham just pulled off the first shock of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo Vieira is neither Ronaldo nor Vieira. To the surprise of nobody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Welcome to the championship, Rafa.
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Fans of Norwich, Villa, and a few other clubs mist be hoping its not the last time Newcastle lose this season. Good wins for the two East Anglian clubs and in the fourth division an away point for the Bees at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Anyone know any clubs after Nahki Wells? I heard Fulham and a few others have an interest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think 3 minutes is a new Leeds record for time taken to destroy pre season optimism
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't think Lescott will solve the problem either. Really looking forward to our game against Sheffield Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be very interesting to see how Villa respond this weekend. Lose and the pressure will be heaped on Di Matteo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    It's going to be very interesting to see how Villa respond this weekend. Lose and the pressure will be heaped on Di Matteo.
    Which would be farcical seeing how the season has barely started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Which would be farcical seeing how the season has barely started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, but that's modern football, unfortunately.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    4 goals for Ched Evans already

ReputationRep:
    A win for the Rams tonight. After the defeat at the weekend any win will do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    4 goals for Ched Evans already
    First tonight was an absolute rocket, he's genuinely such a class player. Our other two league goals he's been involved too - won a penalty and hit the bar to allow the ball to be headed in
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    First tonight was an absolute rocket, he's genuinely such a class player. Our other two league goals he's been involved too - won a penalty and hit the bar to allow the ball to be headed in
    Makes you think where he'd be right now if it wasn't for that court case
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Before I go and lump on Shane Duffy for top-scorer - can you win it for scoring loads of own goals? 3 in two games.

Edit: And now a red card as well. What a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Last season was the best chance we will have for a while, and we blew it in spectacular fashion. Mowbray has offloaded 3 very good midfielders for L1, in addition to losing Murphy and Maddison. There is also no adequate replacement for Armstrong and Aaron Martin was offloaded for no good reason either. Think it will be mid-table or lower to be honest.
    Hi Midlander,

I started with optimism for this season too but the squad is quite bare. I went to the only win of the season, which was an entertaining game. Jones was brilliant and Reid will be useful. Midfield looks quite weak without Fleck and Thompson. We need a top 6 finish but a mid table is likely.

Reda has to offered a contract, if he is fit with so many young players, all the experience we can get must be welcome but I don't think Mowbray rates him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    I suppose being let off for rape has that effect on a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    Hi Midlander,

I started with optimism for this season too but the squad is quite bare. I went to the only win of the season, which was an entertaining game. Jones was brilliant and Reid will be useful. Midfield looks quite weak without Fleck and Thompson. We need a top 6 finish but a mid table is likely.

Reda has to offered a contract, if he is fit with so many young players, all the experience we can get must be welcome but I don't think Mowbray rates him.
    The feedback from those who have been to games is that our players seem petrified about shooting. This is the kind of guff that plagued us under Pressley and it worries me to be relying on a creaky defence to get results. Still I will reserve judgment for now though there has to be an improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.