Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    You only have one friend? Or is this an erroneous use of an apostrophe?
    oh go back to cambridge you pedant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechanism)
    It seems a vast amount of people have been reallocated this year! Was it the same last year? I didn't even know it was a thing to be reallocated pre-interview until now. It does make sense though - at least the system is fair.
    No idea about last year, but I think Brasenose is generally oversubscribed most years. Yeah me neither, but it's good that they ensure that the best applicants get in even if there's no space at their desired college

I think most of the CT parts of the TSA were ok, there was one in particular that I didn't like but the others weren't too bad. The PS parts again I didn't find too bad aside from a couple of rogue questions that I had to guess at, the timing as ever was the biggest issue for me. All the practise papers I did I managed to consistently get an above average score so I guess I just have to hope I did the same here. It's so sad though because I want everyone to do well but there's so few places available it's literally impossible for everyone to get in :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    infinite envy four you! I got an unconditional from UEA 4 days after I submitted but they were my back up! Still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham and then Oxford. Beginning to think I've tanked the LNAT now tho...
    Ahh haha thanks! Well done on your offer! I'm sure you've done great, tbh a lot of people are still waiting on those unis. What college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, hope you're all doing alright - congratulations to those with interviews, and commiserations to those who've been desummoned.

If there are any English applicants on here who want to chat about the ELAT, or English at Oxford, or how terrifying it is to hear absolutely nothing from any of the colleges for our subject yet, then feel free to check out the ELAT thread - everyone there is super lovely, which makes this whole waiting game a lot less stressful.

Also I'm another Brasenose applicant, kind of bricking it when I read how many people have applied this year... (And also that there are 3 other people in the ELAT thread alone who've applied to Brasenose...ohgodohgodohgod)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishBean)
    Ahh haha thanks! Well done on your offer! I'm sure you've done great, tbh a lot of people are still waiting on those unis. What college have you applied to?
    thanks haha. Applied to Merton and realised they aren't giving out offers/rejections till Monday! Not gonna bother getting my hopes up tho...What college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when St Anne's is going to give out CS/joint schools interviews? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vildeung)
    Is it possible to change college? I was reallocated to Queen's, but it doesn't appeal to me at all:-S
    Generally no, not unless you have exceptional circumstances

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to change college? I was reallocated to Queen's, but it doesn't appeal to me at all:-S
    Yeah, don't go to Oxford :P

Serious answer: No, since they already read your file and probably either shorlisted or rejected you. It would waste other tutors time if they had to reevaluate you at a new college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweald)
    Any chemistry interviews yet?
    I got a Chemistry interview today for Pembroke Applied for Keble x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I understand why you might be disappointed but lots of people are reallocated to colleges they didn't apply to and they all end up very happy with their colleges! The similarities between colleges are much greater than the differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I understand why you might be disappointed but lots of people are reallocated to colleges they didn't apply to and they all end up very happy with their colleges! The similarities between colleges are much greater than the differences.
    Yo, you quoted the wrong person.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applicant201613)
    Yo, you quoted the wrong person.
    Thanks, corrected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Thanks, corrected
    If you misquote me again, I will stab you in the mouth with a banana.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    F*** me, get a room you sad people
    (Original post by Irwin)
    Cross post
    Literally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crastle)
    Are we likely to be asked about current affairs in an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're probably not going to be explicitly asked about current affairs but staying engaged in your subject is such an important thing, I'd be slightly concerned if you're not regularly seeing what's going on with your subject in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangemonkey1)
    St Annes what have you applied for/where?
    St.Catz. Haven't heard back yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neevadesai)
    You got one at Trinity too!
    I meant that to me, it sounds like you've levelled up! I've got an interview for Worcester, the one I applied for originally.

Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    thanks haha. Applied to Merton and realised they aren't giving out offers/rejections till Monday! Not gonna bother getting my hopes up tho...What college have you applied to?
    New! Merton seems nice, but it has a reputation for being very work-hard (I think?)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with a History politics interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Those applying to history & joint schools:

How much wider reading have you done generally in history?

Ive probably read five or so books but I feel like thats pretty pathetic for someone applying to oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.