Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Well what ?
    You said you could guarantee he didn't aim for the children, which is contradicted by a first-hand eyewitness version of events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    You said you could guarantee he didn't aim for the children, which is contradicted by a first-hand eyewitness version of events.
    if you have the transcripts from the Israeli ground commanders at this tragic incident please post them so we can see.

ReputationRep:
    if you have the transcripts from the Israeli ground commanders at this tragic incident please post them so we can see.
    Ah I see. So rather than accepting a balanced and neutral argument from someone who saw them die, you want a biased source as evidence? Example:

*IceJJFish punches person A in nose* '' Oh no, i didn't mean to do that''.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. So rather than accepting a balanced and neutral argument from someone who saw them die, you want a biased source as evidence? Example:

*IceJJFish punches person A in nose* '' Oh no, i didn't mean to do that''.
    you are obviously not going to accept any evidence favouring the Israeli army so there is not much point continuing this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    you are obviously not going to accept any evidence favouring the Israeli army so there is not much point continuing this discussion.
    I don't get your point. I've shown you compelling evidence that highlights the barbarity of their army and you feel the need to dismiss it on no grounds :confused: Israel more barbaric than ISIS btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't get your point. I've shown you compelling evidence that highlights the barbarity of their army and you feel the need to dismiss it on no grounds :confused: Israel more barbaric than ISIS btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you have a very low bar for compellingness. your mind is clearly closed to any scenario which does not make Israel's enemies look like victims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    And this is why Israel remains my favourite country.

Spoiler:
    Show
    NOT

What security threats could the doctor possibly have posed?
    You go live in a country where everyone around them wants them dead and then we'll see if you are so judgemental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    You go live in a country where everyone around them wants them dead and then we'll see if you are so judgemental.
    When Israel destroys and massacres your home town twice,you'll see why I'm so judgemental

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. So rather than accepting a balanced and neutral argument from someone who saw them die, you want a biased source as evidence?
    The first and most important thing to remember is that there is no free press in the Gaza Strip, and all journalists must be on reasonably good terms with Hamas to be able to practice their trade there. Even after they leave, they need to maintain the approval of Hamas to have any hope of returning as well as to ensure the safety of any colleagues, local contacts, etc. who may remain.

Furthermore, even if we were to stipulate that this is the honest account of an unbiased eyewitness, we have no evidence that this person had the skills and experience to make an informes assessment of what he witnessed.

Furthermore, even if we were to stipulate that this person had the skills and experience to accurately assess what he witnessed, we have no evidence whatsoever that the person who gave the order to fire did not genuinely believe, based on the information available to him at the time, that he was targeting enemy combatants.

I have seen IDF guided missiles turned away from their targets at the last minute, to explode harmlessly in open areas, in order to avoid civilian casualties when striking military objectives.

As I have previously noted, the Israeli military deploys fearsomely advanced and powerful technology which could easily be used to wipe out the Gazan population, were that the objective. The Syrian military has killed more Arabs in just the past few years than the IDF has in its entire history, and they're using dynamite-filled barrels pushed out of helicopters. Israel has 500-lb precision guided bombs, and that's not even the impressive stuff. Israel uses this impressive technology not to kill as many people as possible, which would be orders of magnitude more than we currently see, but rather to avoid, as far as reasonably possible in warfare, while still achieving military objectives, the deaths of enemy civilians.

Of course, no army, composed as it is of human beings and advanced, yet ultimately imperfect, technology, can be utterly flawless.

This is made even more difficult by the fact that Hamas and other Gazan militant groups actively work to place Gazan civilians in harms way, using them as shields for their militant activities which means that Israel is faced with a choice to either avoid striking many military targets, giving Hamas immunity from attack, or risk hitting Gazan civilians, whose bodies Hamas then happily parades in front of the cameras for the world, in a cynical display bought hook, line, and sinker by many in Europe and elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Who's this 'everyone'? Israel has peace treaties with Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon, and a provisional agreement with the PLO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    When Israel destroys and massacres your home town twice,you'll see why I'm so judgemental
    Well if we are talking about where the Palestinians live, then lets also remember that somehow they had underground tunnels that put the Mexican cartels to shame. The Palestinians have to be some of the stupidest people on the planet. "Let's throw stones at the people with guns". Smart move. Real smart.

ReputationRep:
    Well if we are talking about where the Palestinians live, then lets also remember that somehow they had underground tunnels that put the Mexican cartels to shame. The Palestinians have to be some of the stupidest people on the planet. "Let's throw stones at the people with guns". Smart move. Real smart.
    I was talking about Cana in South Lebanon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoop_frog)
    by 'fight' do u mean blowing up their hospitals, stopping electricity supply, restricting water access etc meanwhile ur safe and sound in ur home cos obama, cameron and the israeli military got ur back

which israel are doing only 10x as worse

do u srsly expect a country to get completely robbed off their land/ existence and just be cool with it? lol. ur not living in the real world

we felt sorry for the jews during the holocaust and now we're feeling sorry for them while they whipe out a whole nation

/howtogetbrainwashed101
    You clearly didn't read what I said. I made remarks that Israel will fight this battle even if they are wrong, they don't care if what they are doing wrong because they will be the victors by morning.

You just have to face facts that one country will always dominate the other even if they were on a par level.

Israel may not be than imperial Britain but in no way will they be stupid enough to get bombed.

Also it's not a slinging contest, both countries have done sucky things and if you can't accept that then wow.

/Notbrainwashedbuthungry101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Who's this 'everyone'? Israel has peace treaties with Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon, and a provisional agreement with the PLO.
    So those missiles that were being shot towards them were just imagined then?

ReputationRep:
    But they did say ''okay guys lets bomb that beach where those kids are playing football despite no sight of enemy targets'' right?
    Don't get me wrong, I thought that was just pure baiting but no one will still down and take a bomb to the face.

ReputationRep:
    So those missiles that were being shot towards them were just imagined then?
    Tell me how you get "everyone around them wants them dead" from the fact that some missiles are fired?

ReputationRep:
    Terorrism: "a person or group who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims."

In what way do Israel not fit this definition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well for starters Israel is a country not a person or a group.

Secondly, your definition of a word can not have that word in its definition but I'm pretty sure you meant to write 'Terrorist' rather than "Terrorism".

Third, you need to define what "Terrorism" is before you can say that that person is a terrorist.

Fourth you'd need to explain why Israel meets this critera when UK, USA, China, Russia, Palestine etc. don't meet this criteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Tell me how you get "everyone around them wants them dead" from the fact that some missiles are fired?
    Tell me how you can reduce hundreds of missiles to "some"? :rolleyes:

Oh and brush up on your history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronoPass)
    You clearly didn't read what I said. I made remarks that Israel will fight this battle even if they are wrong, they don't care if what they are doing wrong because they will be the victors by morning.
    u tried to justify what israel are doing by saying u would also fight even if u knew u were wrong lol.

they aren't protecting themselves, they're literally whiping out a nation and morons like u get brainwashed by media into feeling sorry for them. blowing up schools (specifically targetting children), hospitals, cutting out electricity, restricting water etc. etc. is not "fighting", its basically ethnic cleansing

(Original post by ChronoPass)
    Also it's not a slinging contest, both countries have done sucky things and if you can't accept that then wow.
    thats like breaking a guys arm because he tried to stab u then saying ur as bad as each other, even though u actually acted in self-defence

if somebody runs at u with a knife are u gonna stand there and let him shank ur ballsack?

retaliation brudda.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me how you can reduce hundreds of missiles to "some"? :rolleyes:

Oh and brush up on your history.
    You're being pedantic and not answering the question.

How can it be the case that "everyone around them wants them dead" when in actual fact Israel has peace agreements of some sort with most of "around them"?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.