This discussion is closed.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by McRite)
There should be an international convention to at least have more humane death sentences, most African countries still hang people, and also firing squad in Indonesia.
Depending on how you define (in)humane, hanging and firing squad are actually pretty humane of fine right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by McRite)
Sounds less gruesome...Anyway just best to ban the death sentence worldwide. It isn't as effective as people would like it to be.
That would suggest that a not insignificant number of people manage to survive, not everybody's Rasputin

Posted from TSR Mobile
McRite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
These things are hard to compare like with like. The US would have a higher homicide rate due to relaxed gun laws regardless of the death penalty.
Yes, regardless so its better for governments to find root causes and fix them rather than use the death penalty as justification for fixing the problem.
McRite
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
No more than watching an ISIS video.

At any rate, i'm not against the idea of drawing out such filth. I never knew i could despise something so much until ISIS turned up.
Yes they're ruthless and I can't understand anyone who justify their ideals.

ISIS videos can be seen as that.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The US punishes the killing of people by killing a person. Right.
McRite
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
That would suggest that a not insignificant number of people manage to survive, not everybody's Rasputin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rasputin?

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Depending on how you define (in)humane, hanging and firing squad are actually pretty humane of fine right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
True, better than stoning.
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd rather be beheaded than hanged. Hanging leaves the body in a somewhat undignified state, what with the emptying of the bowels and the eyes bulging out of their sockets.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some people deserve to be dead, e.g. Michael Adebelajo, Michael Adebowale and Ian Huntley, but then again a life sentence of white torture could be a better choice.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
I'd rather be beheaded than hanged. Hanging leaves the body in a somewhat undignified state, what with the emptying of the bowels and the eyes bulging out of their sockets.
Heroin overdose for me. Injected full of painkillers, not gonna hurt and a little more dignified.
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Heroin overdose for me. Injected full of painkillers, not gonna hurt and a little more dignified.
Haha I wasn't saying it was my ideal way to go, just comparing one outdated punishment to another! Although let's be honest, getting guillotined is pretty retro. Indiest way to go
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
Haha I wasn't saying it was my ideal way to go, just comparing one outdated punishment to another! Although let's be honest, getting guillotined is pretty retro. Indiest way to go
M8, I was getting guillotined before it was cool :cool:
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Why on earth do you have a picture of Locke as your avatar??? Please, stop. You're one of the main Green dudes. You're against his ideology. He's a right winger.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
Why on earth do you have a picture of Locke as your avatar??? Please, stop. You're one of the main Green dudes. You're against his ideology. He's a right winger.
He was a social liberal, he sought to maximize autonomy, freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary association and the primacy of individual judgement.

You have no idea what my ideology is, let's get that straight.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Some people deserve to be dead, e.g. Michael Adebelajo, Michael Adebowale and Ian Huntley, but then again a life sentence of white torture could be a better choice.
I'm sure many people don't deserve their lives, I'm not so sure that the state should be killing them.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
I'm sure many people don't deserve their lives, I'm not so sure that the state should be killing them.
There is always a debate to be had over a state's role but I think white treatment for the duration of a normal life sentence would be widely accepted as moral.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is always a debate to be had over a state's role but I think white treatment for the duration of a normal life sentence would be widely accepted as moral.
Jeez that sounds horrible.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Jeez that sounds horrible.
So does the murder of two 10 year old girls by their school caretaker.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So does the murder of two 10 year old girls by their school caretaker.
There is absolutely no denying that.
Blue Meltwater
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also think that's wrong - it's tantamount to torture.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
I also think that's wrong - it's tantamount to torture.
I think it is one step down from solitary confinement but a suitable step up from the prisons we have now where multi-child murderers are sent.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads