Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/liverpool/

ConclusionLiverpool are in as good a long-term situation as they’ve been in recent history. They dominate the ball and tilt the field in a way that only Man City and Arsenal can match. This years weaknesses have come down to shot quality which has been heavily influenced by shocking and unlucky proportions of top-tier chances allowed and taken. These will likely even out a good bit without anything changing but the underlying causes there are those that have the easiest fixes: a new goalie, a new centerback and a healthy Sturridge and Coutinho.Without the ball, only Tottenham can claim to play nearly as well as the Klopp’s squad. If Daniel Sturridge can remain healthy, there is no more complete team heading into next season than Liverpool. Man City and Arsenal’s attacking firepower will make them slight favorites but Liverpool should expect to be the 3rd best team within touching distance of the top starting today and going into next season. Liverpool have the coach and the fundamentals and are right at the edge, the next step isn’t a hard one to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Anybody seen much of Lucas Alario? Signed him on FM 2015 and he was class, but then again, so was Freddy Adu on CM4.
    Bit of an odd one when you considering we have Ings and Origi. Doesn't sound like Luas Alario would be ready to be first choice striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    oh ffs can you two just get a grip and let it go, whenever I come on this thread you're at each others throats about something. Whatshisface can be a stubborn prick too at times, but it's nearly always you Luke who is kicking things off with stupid comments like this, and then you play the victim card afterwards and start talking about your obviously fake ignore list. I'm fairly certain you're not school kids any more so stop acting like it. What ever happened to this being a place to have rational conversations about football?

For the record, undoubtedly Sturridge is not playing at his best right now; his touch is off and he isn't sprinting, but it's hardly surprising given the injuries he has been through. He has still been a key part in recent victories. After past injuries, he has almost always come back with a hot streak of scoring form and then got injured again soon afterwards. This time he is doing the sensible thing and easing himself back into things. With respect to England, yes he is behind Kane and Vardy on current form (Rooney and Welbeck should be left at home ffs), but that is kind of because they are both in great form and rightfully deserve their place in the team. Sturridge can still be a vital part of the squad whether his form picks up or not. Quality wise, he is still the best this country has and it will come back to him eventually, there is no sense in rushing him.
    I really can't be bothered arguing about this because it's getting ridiculous.
    I post on the thread voicing my opinion, SUG makes a snide comment usually involving insults, Jam backs him up, I respond and suddenly I'm in the wrong?

I have no problem having a friendly debate about football. I agree with many of your above points and could quite happily have a discussion with you about that, because I know you aren't gonna turn round and call me a "retard" if I don't agree with you. I just don't particularly enjoy people being as unnecessarily hostile as he is, and it makes people not want to discuss things here.

I'm no saint because I react poorly and at times can have a "different" viewpoint, however I don't set out to make this thread a war zone or criticise somebody because I don't agree with their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Luke tbf you instigated it all by calling SUG a mong when he was fairly replying to your comment...

(Original post by Real Friends)
    Whatever your point is, it's incorrect. Sturridge has been better than expected. He has 7 goals in 11 starts, and leads the league for goals per 90 for players with more than 5 appearances. So if this isn't 'decent' enough for you, nothing ever will be. He's doing his job fine.
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I mean since he returned you mong
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'm no saint because I react poorly and at times can have a "different" viewpoint, however I don't set out to make this thread a war zone or criticise somebody because I don't agree with their opinion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I mean since he returned you mong

ReputationRep:
    Halal the beef cuz

ReputationRep:
    Anyhow, next time anyone insults someone I will report it. I'm tired of this petty bs.

Personally I don't want Sturridge to go to the Euros, I know as a footballer that'll be one of his main aims-leading England's frontline but I'm really selfish. I'd much rather he has the summer off to rest and recuperate before joining the team for preseason. I'll be so pissed off if he ends up injured and out for the whole of next season. Hopefully he can have a bit part role and comes home safe.

Anyways, I'd much rather Sturridge takes his time to getting back to 100% for next season, no one was expecting him to score in every game after coming back from a long term injury. Sturridge is one of my favourite players at LFC and I really hopes he can start banging in goals like in the 13/14 season. It's scary the potential he has, he can be ridiculously clinical.

ReputationRep:
    Exposed #

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Bit of an odd one when you considering we have Ings and Origi. Doesn't sound like Luas Alario would be ready to be first choice striker.
    £9m a paltry fee, though. 23-year-old, and if he shines for us, you'd imagine we'll get a bigger fee from some Spanish club eventually. We'll see.

The third-party ownership is a bit of a hurdle to overcome. It may not come of anything.

(Original post by The.Joker)
    Anyhow, next time anyone insults someone I will report it. I'm tired of this petty bs.
    Boring as :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I was enjoying Luke vs Pimped round 758

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know that was SUG tbh. Sug should take the high road and just let Luke have his way. Treat him like a mascot or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Didn't know that was SUG tbh. Sug should take the high road and just let Luke have his way. Treat him like a mascot or something.
    who are you

ReputationRep:
    £9m a paltry fee, though. 23-year-old, and if he shines for us, you'd imagine we'll get a bigger fee from some Spanish club eventually. We'll see.

The third-party ownership is a bit of a hurdle to overcome. It may not come of anything.

Boring as :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: isn't it.
    £9mil but can we find a role for him in the squad? Or are we turfing out one of Origi or Ings? We still need a proper first choice striker who can be relied upon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Benteke out for a month with a LCL (lateral collateral ligament). He's probs played his last game for Liverpool v Southampton then...

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to tonight's game; I think both teams will play well and it'll be a great contest. Spurs are better than us right now but we've seen what we can do in the bigger games.

Liverpool have lost 15 points from winning positions and Spurs have recovered 18 points from losing positions. Gonna be bricking it if we take an early lead
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by difeo)
    who are you
    Was just thinking that.

Why on Earth is the word 's**t' changing to dolphins.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Was just thinking that.

Why on Earth is the word 's**t' changing to dolphins.
    Dolphins are the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

ReputationRep:
    flanagan instead of moreno please
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Subs: Ward, Toure, Allen, Origi, Ibe, Skrtel, Smith

ReputationRep:
    Coutinho's second booking for diving in recent weeks.

Don't want to see that at all.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Coutinho's second booking for diving in recent weeks.

Don't want to see that at all.
    Agreed.

We've been really poor in terms of distribution and general defending especially down the left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.