The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I only did bars for the experimental and control group! Is that still right??!! Or was i supposed to do bars for the range
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
I did ! I grouped the 2 bars together for the median and then for the range - I think its right ?

I did like two bars, range on the x axis and anxiety score on the y axis. I thought I was being clever at the time but now I feel stupid
Reply 5962
if you got the name of the statistical test incorrect but gave the correct reasons, will you still get the marks??
If I put wilcoxon test instead of Mann Whitney will I get marks for saying it was for a difference and ordinal data or not just because I thought it was repeated measures not independent groups?
Original post by 2cool4scool
Lool I did a bar chart

I did a bar chart too!!
Original post by Georginarosee
How did people find the psychological explanations for depression?

It was okay... I wrote about psycho dynamic explanation (e.g. grief and anger response) and three evaluation points for that, and then I wrote about behavioral explanation with the learned helplessness theory, a study to support it and methodological evaluation and debate... PRAYING IT WAS LONG AND DETAILED ENOUGH LOLL
Original post by Aishakayx
The data was ordinal not nominal

It looked nominal eh?
Original post by BethM98
I did a bar chart too!!

same haha!!
oh no reading this thread has made me realise that i graphed range as standard deviation (as in i used error bars)... any idea how many marks that'll lose? i think the graph was only 4 marks so hopefully not too much haha
Pretty sure it was nominal since it was category data?
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
same haha!!

when asking people afterwards most people did bar charts so I think we're good :smile:
Original post by Shamzy25
There's a caption under the table which tells you that.. you didn't need to memorise it

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂 really? Well I take back what I said then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethM98
when asking people afterwards most people did bar charts so I think we're good :smile:

haha im praying it is right!.. what did you put along the bottom and the side??
Original post by Aishakayx
Was the Mann Whitney answer clear though? Cause if it wasn't and it looks like u put two answers then you'll likely to get no marks

I tried to make it clear by putting something like: 'The statistical test which I would use in this investigation is a Mann-Whitney U test.' And then I listed three appropriate reasons which I'm hoping are correct.

Then below I named Chi-Squared and listed three reasons.

I should have probably crossed out one of my answers. Yolo I can't change it now
Guys how much would i get for doing 5 eval for biological therapy and doing Cbt instead of ect coz i dont evwn know wtf i was thinking :u: but my ao2 for cbt include drugs so does that gain any marks
Nah deffo was ordinal
Original post by Kitty201322
Guys how much would i get for doing 5 eval for biological therapy and doing Cbt instead of ect coz i dont evwn know wtf i was thinking :u: but my ao2 for cbt include drugs so does that gain any marks

Lol RIP
Original post by Rishi98
Nah deffo was ordinal

It wasn't in order? It was shown in categories showing the two different types of particpants and then the range etc.
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
haha im praying it is right!.. what did you put along the bottom and the side??

on the bottom I put one section for experimental group and another for control group, and in each of those sections I put two other little sections for median and range! so the bottom looked kinda like this...

median / range median / range
EXPERIMENTAL CONTROL
Original post by SunDun111
It wasn't in order? It was shown in categories showing the two different types of particpants and then the range etc.

was ordinal

nominal is when numbers represent discontinous types of data

eg 0 and 1 in binary are nominal

Latest