Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    as do i for scientists. it's today’s dilemmas that are prompting new and badly needed research, for example: which form of fiscal stimulus is most effective? How do you best loosen monetary policy when interest rates are at zero?

china invests hugely in university education, though.
    Good good. How do you do such research on a macro-economic scale though without a situation such as this. Are computer models that effective?

Investing in education in general is key to a well ordered and well functioning society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyroo_g)
    I can find out.
    How?

ReputationRep:
    I just got negged this:

troll invasion 24-07-2009 16:38 oh yeah your the pussy lol. man up b-i-t-c-h LOL

ReputationRep:
    Not perceptive? How do you mean?

I think it has in places like France - they seem to be generally united under some sort of principles and value system. That might be as much a result of the revolution as their not having a monarchy, though.
    Well, the war is going to have to end at some stage. Merely saying you want it is going to end isn't that helpful. It's how we do it that's the interesting part.

Maybe, although there are definite advantages to a Monarchy. I am yet undecided on the issue.

ReputationRep:
    I know you live at your school and I know which school you go to.

Admittedly, not exactly. But as soon as I inform others of my plight I'm sure they'll help me out.

ReputationRep:
    I know you live at your school and I know which school you go to.

Admittedly, not exactly. But as soon as I inform others of my plight I'm sure they'll help me out.
    My school campus is quite big and there are two Churches in the area. There is also an on-site security guard. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Logisitically and financially, I can't see the benefits of scrapping the monarchy right now.

And Economic research is important, but the economists themselves are over used and misused.

I know where Fleur lives. I also think you guys post too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abstraction98)
    Well, the war is going to have to end at some stage. Merely saying you want it is going to end isn't that helpful. It's how we do it that's the interesting part.

Maybe, although there are definite advantages to a Monarchy. I am yet undecided on the issue.
    What I meant was that we should wait for Afghanistan and Iraq to be over (as and when that is) and, upon that event, downsize the army.

Like what, other than the economic things? The constitutional things could be sorted if there was some sort of proper codified and meaningful constitution.

ReputationRep:

Like what, other than the economic things? The constitutional things could be sorted if there was some sort of proper codified and meaningful constitution.
    I don't really see the point in codifying our constitution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleurvert)
    My school campus is quite big and there are two Churches in the area. There is also an on-site security guard. Good luck!
    I'll just run around the churches shouting 'Fleurrrrgh!!!!!!!', it'll be fine. I get on well with security guards - 'I'm looking for Fleur's Mum, the wonderful Ms Clarke. You know her? Then you'll understand'. It'll be great.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see the point in codifying our constitution.
    Not at the moment, but I think it'd probably be necessary if (or when) we get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    What I meant was that we should wait for Afghanistan and Iraq to be over (as and when that is) and, upon that event, downsize the army.

Disagree. Although the army is costly, it turns a hell of a lot of delinquents into relatively useful members of society. It also provides a large amount of employment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ploop)
    Logisitically and financially, I can't see the benefits of scrapping the monarchy right now.
    Why? We'd all be united and happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just run around the churches shouting 'Fleurrrrgh!!!!!!!', it'll be fine. I get on well with security guards - 'I'm looking for Fleur's Mum, the wonderful Ms Clarke. You know her? Then you'll understand'. It'll be great.
    School campus is purty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abstraction98)
    Disagree. Although the army is costly, it turns a hell of a lot of delinquents into relatively useful members of society. It also provides a large amount of employment.
    I'm sure there are other things you could do with them.

ReputationRep:
    Ms Clarke = n00b mistake, she still goes by Mrs (I don't know why), they'd smell a rat.

ReputationRep:
    I've said it before, but I don't mind the monarchy. They are anachronistic and don't make sense, but that's kind of nice.

ReputationRep:
    Ms Clarke = n00b mistake, she still goes by Mrs (I don't know why), they'd smell a rat.
    I meant in a feminist way, not a marital status way. I respect her.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are other things you could do with them.
    = huge input of money, defeating the downsizes initial intentions. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ReputationRep:
    Why? We'd all be united and happy.
    I don't really understand how/why we would.

Fleur, would you introduce me to your mum? I can put forward two benefits of you doing so:
    1.) I would know what your mum looks like and could therefore keep Andy away from her at all times.
    2.) It would make Andy jealous.

If you would like to further exacerbate number 2, you could also show me the video if you so wish.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.