The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kevmeister
I miss Deshi. :rip:

Yea we should chain him to a laptop so he posts more.

Original post by Fusion
If Liverpool had won their seven drawn home games they'd be top by 1 point.

Optimistic to assume we should have won all our home games, seeing as only Man City have achieved that so far this season, probably should have won 4 of those (considering the games, opposition and the average of the top 5 teams) and that would've put us comfortably 3rd and in sight of Spurs. So frustrating.

Ignoring the top5 teams, we've played everyone else at home except for Everton, Villa, Fulham, West Brom and Wigan. With then Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to play at home too.

Out of our remaining 8 home games, I'd say only Fulham, WBA and Wigan should really be parking the bus. Maybe Villa to an extent since Mcleish is in charge now. Everyone else should come to Anfield to try and pick up points. Yes, they are better teams but they won't play for draws and more space should open for us to score goals.

Amazing how we've only beat Bolton, Wolves, QPR and Newcastle at home :s-smilie:

Original post by Pn94
Zerforax owned this thread last year.

Original post by Mess.
He does every year! I don't think I have ever seen him finish below first since I first started posting on TSR.

Original post by Pn94
Keyboard warrior.

Original post by Mess.
Sarf has been top 5 out of 6 threads! And came third in his first one. Great posting Sarf :h:

Original post by Abiraleft
You got rid of 'Society'. :yy:

Zerofax has been top poster for 5 out of 6 Liverpool threads! :coma: He makes quality posts as well. :top:

So, are there any credible transfer stories regarding you guys this January? :holmes:

I obviously have far too much time. Should get a new hobby.. :colondollar:
Reply 41
Original post by ArcticRed
To all liverpool fans:

Where do you HONESTLY think we will finish this season?

6th.

24 goals is not enough for 21 games. The worst of the other top5 competitors is Arsenal on 36 goals, then Spurs on 39 and Chelsea on 40.

Huge difference in terms of goals scored, which is what wins you matches.

We were always going to need a season to assess the new signings and to work out where the gaps in our team/squad is. Maybe we'll panic buy in late January but I don't really see it.

We should be looking to win the Carling Cup and get as close as 4th as we can. We've had good runs before and 5 points gap isn't insurmountable IF we start scoring goals (with Gerrard in the side now)

Should then plug in the gaps in the squad over the summer (striker, wingers, back up LB) and then make another fist of it, by which point we should be in the Europa League hopefully and we'd play the 2nd string in Europe to get game time, fitness and experience and the first team in the league, week in week out.
Reply 42
Hey guys :h:

Reckon we'll make any signings in Jan? Nothing so far but the club hasn't really commented either way.
Just a quick note for anyone who's looking to get a Man City ticket on general sale, it doesn't go on general sale until 1415 tomorrow. It's fancard members until then!

Did not know Spurs was on general sale either...may have to purchase one of those too!
Reply 44
To all liverpool fans:

6th if we dont make any signings this month. If we do and depending who they are/what positions they play then we might get 5th if one of the top 5 teams go on a bad run

Original post by ChrisWilliams
Just a quick note for anyone who's looking to get a Man City ticket on general sale, it doesn't go on general sale until 1415 tomorrow. It's fancard members until then!

Did not know Spurs was on general sale either...may have to purchase one of those too!

Thanks, I might try and get one in the general sale, have an exam in the morning so wouldn't have been able to then.
I have fancards so I'm going up to Anfield very early on in an attempt to get 4 tickets. I assume you can buy more than 1 per fancard?
Reply 46
Ugh bet the City game sells out by the time it gets to general sale. I will be sad if I don't get 3 tickets :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by So Instinct
On another note, has there been any updates to the JT racism case?

He's in court in 1st Feb. The FA won't get involved until the outcome of the court case has been resolved.
Most likely then, they'll say the police have handed Terry a punishment so we'll take no further action, we're behind our England captain to put this behind him and move on.

I expect no less than one rule for us, one rule for everyone else from the FA.
Just tried to buy a ticket for Bolton away, need 2 away tickets, lol for Bolton? Think it's opened up to everyone tomorrow if there's any left so I'll try again then.
Reply 49
To all liverpool fans:

6th, but hopefully in Europa League with some silverware in the bag, even if it is only the League Cup.

If Kenny takes a realistic look at our quad and our position and scores at home to date, then perhaps he'll finally decide we need to bolster the squad, perhaps we'll finally get a creative player.

In other news, I dreamt that KK was sacked last night and Jose Mourinho took over. Hm.
Reply 50
Original post by Zerforax
Ugh bet the City game sells out by the time it gets to general sale. I will be sad if I don't get 3 tickets :frown:

http://www.liverpoolfc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=AS&product=11CHMC&campaign=&type=H

That's all that's left for City now...

Just a quick click says there are still 3 seats left next to each other in MF (in the main stand), however it's row 37 which is the back row...
(edited 12 years ago)
It won't go to general then.

Let's just hope there'll still be some available when I go up tomorrow morning
Reply 52

Has Kenny shrunk, or is this a massive goal? :p:
Reply 53
Original post by ChrisWilliams
It won't go to general then.

Let's just hope there'll still be some available when I go up tomorrow morning

Will a lot of people have fancards who don't have membership? :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by orionmoo

Has Kenny shrunk, or is this a massive goal? :p:

That's why we've been messing up chances. The goals are huge in training!
Reply 55
There's still good availability in a few areas.
Reply 56
Original post by M_E_X
Hey guys :h:

Reckon we'll make any signings in Jan? Nothing so far but the club hasn't really commented either way.

If we don't I'll be baffled.
Reply 57
Original post by kuks
That's why we've been messing up chances. The goals are huge in training!

Also why Reina is such a good keeper :cool:
Reply 58
Original post by So Instinct
I tottally agree with you, maybe current roster, major trophy history. Anyway we could possibly incorperate a banner of some sort? I don't mind doing research etc. I have tons of free time. I think a mini premier leage table would be cool if it would get updated regularly, like top 8 teams since thats relevant to liverpools place. Just some idea's of the top of my head.

If you can make a banner then that would be great :yep: I am not very good at creative things but a banner that incorporates a link to this thread would be great as people could then put it in to their sigs :yep:

The table idea is a good one :beard: If anyone wants to make one then I will make sure it keeps updated :yy:

Any sort of history, be it about the stadium, teams, trophies and any player profiles you want to do would be great! And very welcome to the thread.
subscribed

Latest