Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Aqa MPC2 16 May 2012 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattmattmatt)
    Yes but you substitute x for the stretch, not x^2, therefore i think it had to be root10, so that when squared it you got 10.
    i think the answer was 1/root10, but i put 1/10 ... 3 marks perhaps/4??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    I got Stretch X-direction s.f 1/10
    i got this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattmattmatt)
    Yes but you substitute x for the stretch, not x^2, therefore i think it had to be root10, so that when squared it you got 10.
    ahh sounds right. Damn it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Briz)
    i got this!
    apparently is wrong. apparently is 1/root10

ReputationRep:
    grrrrrrr ive lost another mark i put 1/10 as the scale factor. Will i get any marks for working out x=1/3 like 2 maybe? and you know for the y=7^x one..... I made the equations equal each other but i didnt do anything else, got stuck, will i maybe get 1 mark for it?

ReputationRep:
    Very very very tricky paper! Yesterday, I actually did all of the past papers that AQA had released, and that easily outstripped most of them

The answers I can remember that I got...

tan question was +/- root3 and -1

I think the sector/kite/shaded area question was 222units^2?

I got 1/root10 for the scale factor

because stretching in x direction means x/scale factor x/1/root10 = root10x as you have to square that, (root10x)^2 = 10x^2 I'm reasonably happy about that

the gradient I got log10 (1000/729)

if anyone has any other questions I'll endeavor to answer them

Two things to take away:

1) If AQA are setting all of their exams to this standard, I have got a ****e week ahead of me

2) Hopefully, since everyone I've talked to has said it was a tricky paper, we'll get generous grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat19)
    grrrrrrr ive lost another mark i put 1/10 as the scale factor. Will i get any marks for working out x=1/3 like 2 maybe? and you know for the y=7^x one..... I made the equations equal each other but i didnt do anything else, got stuck, will i maybe get 1 mark for it?

I think there's going to be a lot of marks for working out on this paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqib7)
    I missed the area question of the triangle. i did some of it and was meant to go back to it at the end but ended up doing the trigonometry one.
    If C2 was like this i am dreading FP1 on friday.
    me too its gonna be horrific!

ReputationRep:
    You mirked that paper....ive always got in the 95% for every AQA paper ever....and the real one is the one tht ive deffo lost 10 marks on....unless i get a couple of method ones im gonna get 65/75 , my record breaking low

(buggsuper i mean...youve done well!)

ReputationRep:
    You mirked that paper....ive always got in the 95% for every AQA paper ever....and the real one is the one tht ive deffo lost 10 marks on....unless i get a couple of method ones im gonna get 65/75 , my record breaking low

(buggsuper i mean...youve done well!)
    Thank you! I appreciate it, it was a pretty panicky moment getting to question 5 and suddenly realising it was going to be quite a tough time!
    I wouldn't worry about dropping marks like that - you can still get 100% of the UMS even if you drop a fair few raw marks, and I reckon they'll be generous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugsuper)
    Thank you! I appreciate it, it was a pretty panicky moment getting to question 5 and suddenly realising it was going to be quite a tough time!
    I wouldn't worry about dropping marks like that - you can still get 100% of the UMS even if you drop a fair few raw marks, and I reckon they'll be generous
    Im just praying for 90ums....wanted 98 but now hoping for 90 is a more realistic target. If boundaries are high i cheked i would get around 86 so hopefully thats my worse case scenario....im just trying to make myself feel better, its seriously not working

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 60 raw marks will be in UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    80 probably because AQA are sly and probably won;t drop boundaries but realistically it shuld be no less than 84 UMS

ReputationRep:
    It was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)

80 probably because AQA are sly and probably won;t drop boundaries but realistically it shuld be no less than 84 UMS
    60 raw marks for Core 4 June 11 was 93 UMS so we could get lucky :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    For the tan question, I only wrote tanx=-1 on part a.. but i worked out the rest in part b..will i get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cath-ay)
    was the trig one: tan(theta)= -1 and (root)3???
    did you have to do + or - for the tan(theta)=(root)3. I only did the + value because I thought you can't square root a negative number that's why.

ReputationRep:
    yeah...plus or muinus root 3 and -1
    You sure if its plus or minus because I only did the plus value. damn!!!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 50 Raw marks will be then in UMS? as this is my worse scenario lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah...plus or muinus root 3 and -1
    damn, forgot about that -.- well that's another 2 marks gone! lol

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.