Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE Maths Unit 3 Papers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Need to get an A in Maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    @ Kieranw5 my teacher got a rough idea from aqa that 40 is an A and 50 was A* for specimen and so you may have not done as bad as you think. Also if anyone else interested I would say an A is 65-75% is an A and anything above is A*, but some theories are that an A can drop to 55% if really hard but go for 65-75% as that is a safe bet compared to 55%

ReputationRep:
    @ revison how much do you need for an A ??? ( if you don't mind me asking )

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone found the practise paper set 3 mark scheme cause i'm having massive trouble finding it but i have done the paper itself and want to see what i scored. It would be nice if someone posted all 4 of the mark schemes as well.

ReputationRep:
    tupac makaveli i think for a A you need a score of 48/80 because our whole class did a paper and i got 45/80 but i was 3 off an A. You also need 56 for an A* which is my target. Also in the previous exams i got pretty high A*s

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have Unit 3 set 3 mark schemes? edu-sol doesn't have it btw. I'll really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    edu-sol has most of the papers and mark schemes back. The schemes for foundation sets 2, 3 and 4 are still missing.

Click Practice Papers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers I didn't notice they were back up

ReputationRep:
    thanks a bunch

ReputationRep:
    Im having a bit of trouble with Quadratic graphs and co ordinate graphs... I don't really understand it. Does anyone have any links to any good explanations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica95)
    Does anyone have a list or anything of the things that we'll need to revise?

All I'm thinking of is:

Circle Thereoms (geometry)
    Vectors
    Enlargements and Transformations
    Loci and Construction
    Trigonometry
    Quadratic Graphs

Does anyone for sure know any more? Cos I had such a poo teacher this year who never really told us
    Here's a list of everything you need with the grade it is. Sorry of I miss anything out.
    Simultaneous Equations (B)
    Solve Quadratics by graph and equation (B-A*)
    Trial and Improvement (C)
    Expand Double Brackets (C/A)
    Quadratic Graphs (C/B)
    Rearranging Formula (C-A*)
    Real Life Graphs (C-B)
    Linear Graphs (D/C)
    Expanding Simple Brackets (D/C)
    Factorising (D-A*)
    Solve Equations (D-B)
    Area of a Triangle using 1/2 absinC (A/A*)
    Vectors (A/A*)
    Trigonometric Ratios (B)
    Trigonometric Rules & rearranging them (A/A*)
    Loci (B/A)
    Constructions (B/A)
    Pythagoras (C)
    Transformations of Shapes and Graphs (C-A)
    Circle Theorems (C-A*)
    Angles - Exterior, Interior etc (D/C)
    Volume (D-A*)
    Area (D-A*)

That's the list I got given, but I can think of some others...

Reciprocal Graphs
    Cos and Sin Graphs
    Non-Linear Simultaneous Equations
    Arcs and Sectors

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ads22uk)
    Im having a bit of trouble with Quadratic graphs and co ordinate graphs... I don't really understand it. Does anyone have any links to any good explanations?
    http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/maths...GCSE-index.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky123)
    tupac makaveli i think for a A you need a score of 48/80 because our whole class did a paper and i got 45/80 but i was 3 off an A. You also need 56 for an A* which is my target. Also in the previous exams i got pretty high A*s
    56 out of 80 for an A*...are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    56 out of 80 for an A*...are you sure?
    Hi,

I need roughly 63 on this paper to get an A* overall as I have one A and one A*, but I'm not certain as it depends on UMS more than raw marks. However some people in my year only need to get 40 ish to have an A* overall. Per paper the A* boundary is around the 60 -65 mark.

Hope that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    well i may be mistaken but thats what i was told anyway good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivani Kotecha)
    Hi,

I need roughly 63 on this paper to get an A* overall as I have one A and one A*, but I'm not certain as it depends on UMS more than raw marks. However some people in my year only need to get 40 ish to have an A* overall. Per paper the A* boundary is around the 60 -65 mark.

Hope that makes sense
    what are your UMS marks out of 180 for the first two papers?

ReputationRep:
    what are your UMS marks out of 180 for the first two papers?
    I don't know my total but I know in unit one I got 73 UMS which is an A* and I was one mark off an A* in unit two which is probably around 68 UMS. So roughly my total is 141. But I can't remember how much each paper is out of an the percentage weighting it counts - but I know unit 3 has the biggest weighting

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I don't know my total but I know in unit one I got 73 UMS which is an A* and I was one mark off an A* in unit two which is probably around 68 UMS. So roughly my total is 141. But I can't remember how much each paper is out of an the percentage weighting it counts - but I know unit 3 has the biggest weighting

hmm 141 out of 180 would equate to 78% from the first 2 modules. An A* is 90% or more. This exam is worth 40% of the paper yeah so i guess if you've been told you need to aim for around 63 overall out of 80 marks then that would equate to a very high A* which is good!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds about right, hopefully we all do well on the exam! 😄

ReputationRep:
    That sounds about right, hopefully we all do well on the exam!

Shivani. do you need any Churchill AQA Unit 3 Papers??

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.