Turn on thread page Beta

Vote Mr-T for President, if he can't kick their ass, no one can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0nnie)
    st john's, i've got my interview next tues! i'm scared!
    what college u at?
    Clare. It's wicked. Be warned that there is a song that goes "We'd rather go to Oxford than to John's," but it's not that bad a place really! Just prepare yourself, don't get too drunk the night before and do your best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Clare. It's wicked. Be warned that there is a song that goes "We'd rather go to Oxford than to John's," but it's not that bad a place really! Just prepare yourself, don't get too drunk the night before and do your best!
    really? what's wrong with st john's?
    lol, i wasn't really plannin on drinkin the nite before! have u got ne more advice for the interview pls?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than ********ting.

ReputationRep:
    hiya!
    ne1 got an interview for cambridge for medicine?

x
    I heard of someone who was called to interview at very short notice last week.

ReputationRep:
    Do many international students get into oxford without interview? i havent been called for an interview....but i recieved an email saying....the mail is in the post...and i am still being considered....does this mean that my rejection letter is in the mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    Ive applied to Somerville for History and Economics. What do people think of Somerville? Anyone else applied for this course?
    if it helps, i know an absolute idiot who got into Somerville for history..

ReputationRep:
    hey
    thanx, i'll take a look at the thread!
    i've got a non academic interview with Mr Dormor and Prof Kinmonth
    and scientific one with Dr Ian Winter and Dr Graham Burton.
    dya know nething about them?
    Haven't heard of any of them, I'm afraid. Maybe google search them and see if they've done any particularly eminent research or have a specific field of interest you could read up on.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in Cambridge on the 10th, staying at Clare?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I must say I'm surprised at the level of 'Oxbridge obssession' that exists on these boards.
    e.g. d's 'people at oxbridge' sticky's

... and now this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Wow. I must say I'm surprised at the level of 'Oxbridge obssession' that exists on these boards.
    e.g. d's 'people at oxbridge' sticky's

... and now this.
    The people at Oxbridge stickies have gone now. I am surprised by the number of people here who have applied/are applying or are here already though.

Surfing Hamster - I have to leave before then (I'm at Clare - good choice ) but the choir and some other randoms should still be around. Don't know how much you'll see of them though.

ReputationRep:
    The people at Oxbridge stickies have gone now. I am surprised by the number of people here who have applied/are applying or are here already though.

Surfing Hamster - I have to leave before then (I'm at Clare - good choice ) but the choir and some other randoms should still be around. Don't know how much you'll see of them though.
    The choir? Oh joy! lol

I need some moral support before my interview.. I guess I'll just have to make do with some other nervous applicant awaiting interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    The choir? Oh joy! lol

I need some moral support before my interview.. I guess I'll just have to make do with some other nervous applicant awaiting interview!
    Will you be at Clare on the 11th?

ReputationRep:
    for anyone who wants to be discouraged from joining Christ Church Oxford:
    http://www.geocities.com/chchchitchat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    lol apparently most 'Somervillians' (?!) try to 'forget' the fact that margaret thatcher studied there I have no clue what Somerville is like nor where it is even situated and Jools hasn't really given me anything positive on the college - oh well, it's probably just a 'formality' anyway
    Somerville is kinda average-looking if that kind of thing bothers you and its generally pretty average. Its in Jericho though which is a very cool area of town with a really studenty feel. Apparently other than the (very) obvious exception of Margaret Thatcher, Somerville has a tradition of being quite a left wing college. Don't worry about your second interview - it is extremely common, and if its prearranged its almost certainly just a formality. I had interviews at a second college which weren't pre-arranged and still ended up at my first choice college, so I wouldn't worry.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than ********ting.
    Jeez, here we go again! At least now you're admitting that St. John's is good!!! In my rage against NatScis and Medics telling me that Oxford is better than St. John's I actually forgot to ask what NatScis and Medics are doing in a thread called "History freaks"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    for anyone who wants to be discouraged from joining Christ Church Oxford:
    http://www.geocities.com/chchchitchat
    That link doesn't work so I'm afraid you'll have to enlighten us...

ReputationRep:
    hey
    thanx, i'll take a look at the thread!
    i've got a non academic interview with Mr Dormor and Prof Kinmonth
    and scientific one with Dr Ian Winter and Dr Graham Burton.
    dya know nething about them?
    I'm applying to St. John's as well and I also have my interview for history on Tuesday. How come you have you have your general interview with two people?

What were your reasons for applying to St. John's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    I'm applying to St. John's as well and I also have my interview for history on Tuesday. How come you have you have your general interview with two people? I've got mine with ...

What were your reasons for applying to St. John's?
    Not a good idea to discuss this here if you're mentioning names - it could come up on a google search and its not unknown for tutors to do that.

ReputationRep:
    am so not ready for my interview--dont know my topics at all---did the essays over a year ago-----ahhhhhhhhhhhh---i dont want to go

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.