CALLING ALL 6th YEARS (or above)... Watch

jammydodger09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kirsteneg)
:eek: you get to teach higher!
Yeep! We don't have a chemistry teacher (I live on the north coast - nearest town is 40 miles away) and cos I got an A I get to teach Its awwwwsome!
Kirsteneg
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by jammydodger09)
Yeep! We don't have a chemistry teacher (I live on the north coast - nearest town is 40 miles away) and cos I got an A I get to teach It awwwwsome!
that's ace! :p:
jammydodger09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_lie)
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I want to know too lol. We are just past learning about ionic compounds again. But I missed a class -I was at the Strathclyde open day.- and working on our investigations. xD
:O I was doing that the other day. Do you have a teacher or is it self-taught? I have to use Scholar from HW. I think I'm stuffed for the investigation seeing as I am the chemistry teacher for my school lol.
bex285
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
God, I know. It's just favouritism. They told us they were taken aside, assigned free periods, and quietly told they could go home in the afternoons if they wanted to, which they do. The rest of us mere law, English, chemistry, politics applicants sit in the library and wish we were as worthy as The Chosen Ones. :sad:
I'd leave that school, to be honest. That's terrible. Poor you
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
6th year section of library. Common room. Allowed to go home.

My school SUCKS.

We have sixth year study room sixth year common room and are allowed to go ome..but we have to go in for reggie even if we don't have a class first period which is annoying....x
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jammydodger09)
:O I was doing that the other day. Do you have a teacher or is it self-taught? I have to use Scholar from HW. I think I'm stuffed for the investigation seeing as I am the chemistry teacher for my school lol.

No it's a part of the AH course they go more in depth with it... And nope my teahcer was teaching us lol we have 2 teachers for ah one for investigation work one for course work...xx

Ooo and I use scholar too just waiting for my password
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
Thanks for the rep! :woo:
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bex285)
I'd leave that school, to be honest. That's terrible. Poor you
What's worse is they made our house captain a girl who got CDDD in her Highers. I know my grades didn't set the world on fire, but come on :p:

It's just 'til May ... It's just 'til May ... :rolleyes:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's worse is they made our house captain a girl who got CDDD in her Highers. I know my grades didn't set the world on fire, but come on :p:

Seriously? :confused:
I think it's usually whoever do the best in the year that get Head Boy and Girl (we don't have houses or anything), or the next best depending on their character and stuff.
That's weird.
We still haven't been told who've been chosen as Head Boy and Girl; we're all starting to get impatient :p:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 9 years ago
Seriously? :confused:
I think it's usually whoever do the best in the year that get Head Boy and Girl (we don't have houses or anything), or the next best depending on their character and stuff.
That's weird.
We still haven't been told who've been chosen as Head Boy and Girl; we're all starting to get impatient :p:
At the assembly before they announced them the teachers said "We try to appoint house captaincy to those who do not have much else to fill their CV with." :eek: Madness. Sheer ******* madness.
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At the assembly before they announced them the teachers said "We try to appoint house captaincy to those who do not have much else to fill their CV with." :eek: Madness. Sheer ******* madness.
They actually said that?!
:facepalm:
That's just asking to be slated.

Is it sad that I wanna be Head Girl? :rolleyes:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_lie)
We have sixth year study room sixth year common room and are allowed to go ome..but we have to go in for reggie even if we don't have a class first period which is annoying....x
My year's really lucky; you had to go in for reggie even if you didn't have a class first period up until the summer, now they've changed it so you only need to go in when you have a class :woo:
I get a nice long lie on a Friday :p:
C274
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
With maths...it's not too bad really, it's just new content and using buttons on my calculator that I'd always wondered were for.
With chemistry, it's a hell of a lot more detail than in higher. basically, everything we've been taught at standard grade is getting smashed to pieces, but I love it.

I don't have the luxury of a common room so my free periods are spent winning at cards and eating. Or going home/sleeping. My first class on Thursdays is at 12.35pm :woo:

If I were you I'd stage a revolt.
Kirsteneg
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
actually whenever I got bored in a class, I used to find new calculator errors apart form syntax and math, and I found stack error. That's my claim to fame for 5th year, and also my 25/25 english essay. :p:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
If I were you I'd stage a revolt.
*jaw drops @ your grades :shock:*

I know, can't wait to get out of this **** hole.
James09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kirsteneg)
wondering, what did you all think of the jump from higher to advanced higher with your given subject.
And also, what the heck did you all do in your 'free periods' or spare time at school?
Higher Computing to Adv. Higher wasn't much of a jump. The questions felt the same in the exam although they seemed to be asking for more. For example if in higher they wanted 2 reasons for something were there was 5 possible reasons, they would now ask for 4 or 5 meaning you had to remember more to get full marks.

For free periods, we had 2 Foosball tables :yep:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 9 years ago
They actually said that?!
:facepalm:
That's just asking to be slated.

Is it sad that I wanna be Head Girl? :rolleyes:
No, I wanted to. I would have been damned good, too.

Won't look very good for the school when they apply for jobs: "Here are my grades ... by the way I was head of my year!!"
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, I wanted to. I would have been damned good, too.

Won't look very good for the school when they apply for jobs: "Here are my grades ... by the way I was head of my year!!"
I bet you would've!
Lmao, I never even thought of that! :p:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 9 years ago
I bet you would've!
You'd be brilliant, I hope you get it! :yep:
Dan1506
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im doing advanced french and spanish this year, jump doesnt seem too bad this now; just doing literature work!
i get 6 free periods a week, on a monday im in class from 9 till 12 and im off till 3.30! but the school makes us stay in school and study! we dont have our 'study room' yet but they're trying to work it out and when they do they're going to a have a register for all people on a 'study period'! its really annoying, i left school 4 minutes earlier thn the bell the other day and the headteacher made me go back inside saying that i was wasting valuable study time! i mean wtf!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads