best song in the world? Watch

Chicken Kebabs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by robinson999)
ready or not is a great song, there is just to many
True say. It has been around for almost fifteen years and it still sounds great.

(Original post by robinson999)
those that said Mr Brightside LOL, by one of the most overrated bands
You're reading my mind, I swear! They have some good songs - eg Somebody Told Me and When You Wear Young - but they are definitely overrated.
the.white.rabbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ne-Yo: Sexy Love Or
Donell Jones ft Left Eye: You Know Whats Up
(Can't top them!!)
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
That's easy, well for me. Sam Cookes- 'A Change Is Gonna Come' first time I heard this when I was young just blew me away.
Or 'Hard To Explain' by The Strokes.
adderz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
I urge anyone who said Exogenesis by Muse to go and listen to a real symphony

...or something by Muse pre-BHAR :laugh:

Have every song and B side they've done. I'm a little obsessive haha I know the string organisation and such might not be as epic as a 'real' symphony but the muse influence, especially Matt Bellamy's voice just puts it above them all for me.
CrazyBeautiful
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by adderz)
Have every song and B side they've done. I'm a little obsessive haha I know the string organisation and such might not be as epic as a 'real' symphony but the muse influence, especially Matt Bellamy's voice just puts it above them all for me.

But don't you prefer their older stuff? Even the simplist of songs used to have something about them, instead of just being run of the mill songs that happen to have an orchestra in them. Bliss is my favourite song of theirs- for me it captures the atmosphere and crescendos that Exogenesis just doesn't have. There's no pomp for the sake of having a 'message' and being 'experimental', just a good tune for the sake of a good tune

Exogenesis is....lifeless
adderz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yehai prefer their old stuff as a rule, although I think Exogenesis is up there with the best they've ever done (Hysteria, New Born, Sing For Absolution IMO). They're just trying to expand their sound a bit. But yeah i think we're the same, i'd like their next album to be a lot more Origin of Symmetry and a bit less about how much the government sucks.
win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rizzletastic)
Anyways, Hotel California - The Eagles
Couldnt agree more!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads