Why won't my mum let me sleep with him?! Watch

Joseph90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're 17 you're over the age of consent. Which means that all is required is your own consent. You don't need your Mum's permission to sleep with him. You need your permission if you want to marry him though.
olybeast
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Irrelevance)
Unless she's physically lying on top of you and box blocking, I don't see how she can stop you.
THIS! genious :yep:
Hubert Poo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I guess I am the only one here that thinks she is being unreasonable then considering what she's already let me do as well as in the past.
Well, you have a vantage point on that which is far more likely to be accurate than any of us in that sense. From what you've said I certainly think letting you stay with him on the first date is, shall we say, rather liberal. But even then I don't see any dissonance in that this time it's her house and if she doesn't feel comfortable, why not just accept that? You've got an inch - don't moan about taking a mile. She's let you do an awful lot as it is and I'm puzzled why that is not enough for you.

However, in utter frankness, part of me thinks you started this thread in the hope everyone here would agree with you, and not so as to ask a genuine question. By all means tell me otherwise - because your description makes you sound spoilt and overreactive. Do you want people to tell you what they think, or just to blindly ratify what you think?
obscurename
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Doesn't want to clean the stains off the sheets? Credit crunch and all. Has detergent gone up in price?
Craig_D
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Please listen to your Mother.
Eva2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She can't but she would make life very awkward for me if I went against her and might stop me seeing him or something, I don't know.

I love how nearly everyone automatically assumes the reason he's staying over is so we can just have sex.
haha

its a natural assumption to make, darling. why else would you be so insistent on him staying over?
olybeast
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Shrubby)
Did nobody else think the title was asking why they couldn't sleep with their male mother?
LOL
Cultivated
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Shrubby)
Did nobody else think the title was asking why they couldn't sleep with their male mother?
:toofunny: I thought she meant 'why won't my mom let me have sexual intercourse with my bf' and was thinking why the hell did she tell her mom she was sleeping with her bf?! :pinch:
Petrells
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
17-22? I am 20 and I wouldnt date a 17 year old (mainly, because getting kicked out of a pub as your girlfriend has no ID is gayness personified) Guys I know use the '2 Year Rule' Younger or Older; it is a nice bracket. They say Girls are more mature and thats why they feel the need to date older guys, but anyone I know who is 22 and dating a 17 year old isn't going out with her for compelling conversations or an expansive relationship; you have nothing in common. While the girl thinks she is mature by dating the older guy, the guy is just thinking; this is too easy.

CRB check made me /lol.

P.S You're 17 going 30. Chill out, live your life and meet guys your own age.
Laertes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She doesn't want you to get the AIDS of him. It's purely a health concern.
Samz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm heaps lucky in that my mum will let my boyfriend stay here & me stay at his house (i practically live there) but i don't know how you can really change her mind. it is her house after all, so she makes the rules. it probably doesn't mean she's against you sleeping with him, just not in her house, while she might be trying to sleep in the next room?
Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's fair enough. I'm 18, I can sleep over at boys' houses and have them in my room, but they can't stay at mine. My parents are otherwise very liberal. But I am perfectly happy with that and I think I'd feel awkward otherwise.
ac132
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My mum has serious issues with me having boys over to stay, but none whatsoever about me going to my boyfriends for days, or going on holiday with him, or the fact we basically lived together at uni.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
Well, you have a vantage point on that which is far more likely to be accurate than any of us in that sense. From what you've said I certainly think letting you stay with him on the first date is, shall we say, rather liberal. But even then I don't see any dissonance in that this time it's her house and if she doesn't feel comfortable, why not just accept that? You've got an inch - don't moan about taking a mile. She's let you do an awful lot as it is and I'm puzzled why that is not enough for you.

However, in utter frankness, part of me thinks you started this thread in the hope everyone here would agree with you, and not so as to ask a genuine question. By all means tell me otherwise - because your description makes you sound spoilt and overreactive. Do you want people to tell you what they think, or just to blindly ratify what you think?
I didn't start this thread to get people to agree with me, I expected most people to agree with her, which, they have.

I started the thread to see why other people thought she was saying this. Maybe I am spoilt, because she's never said no to me before really with anything like this and so I feel stumped.

I can't believe people think I'm being spoilt. I'm upset and angry at her because I don't get to see him often as it is, we are both busy a lot and this makes it more difficult for me and she knows it. It's not like i'm 15 or anything so I can't see her her feeling uncomfortable related to sex at all.

On the whole, she is a very liberal parent though, yes.

I want people to tell me what they think, I DID ask.
T.K.B
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Anon or delete, I know people on here.)

I recently got a new boyfriend who my parents haven't met. I've been dating him about a month. When I first went to meet him I stayed over at his place on the first date, my mum let me, she didn't kick up a fuss and told me I was my choice as I was old enough.

I asked her tonight if he could come and sleep over at my house and she said ''No''. When I asked her why she said ''I don't feel comfortable and I don't know him. You barely know him.''She let me sleep at his when she didn't even know the address and had never met him yet when it comes to my own house she won't? I said to her ''Surely you'd prefer knowing I was at home rather than off somewhere else?'' and she got so angry at me. I don't think the reason she gave is even a proper reason!

What is the logic behind this? Someone please explain as I cannot get my head around it. She is usually such a relaxed parent, letting me do what I want and then with this she's being completely weird.

I'm not underage, I'm 17 (18 soon enough) and my boyfriend is 22! I think it's ridiculous!

Why is she doing this?
Its not your house; its your mums house. Her house- her rules. simples :rolleyes:
Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also OP, if it's the case that you genuinely don't get to see him enough, why not ask your mum if he can sleep on the sofa rather than in your room?
blueshoes123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I recently got a new boyfriend who my parents haven't met. I've been dating him about a month. When I first went to meet him I stayed over at his place on the first date, my mum let me, she didn't kick up a fuss and told me I was my choice as I was old enough.
That may be the problem. Is there a reason your parents haven't met him?, did they meet your ex-boyfriend?. I think as it's their house, they have a right to know who's staying under their roof.

Also, ew! I would not want to have sex knowing my parents were close by anyway...
CertifiedAngel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Err...:
(Original post by No Future)
Parents don't like knowing their daughters are banging their boyf under their roof. Simples.

And, you slept with him on the first date??
duh, its not that hard to figure why she won't let you.
Cupcakee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just stay round his,
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No parent wants to know their little girl is getting the ******* of her life under their roof.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise