Intensive A-Level in one year Watch

bigmo7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maths, but I did it in one year as part of my Further Maths A level...
JAgg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hmm, another option would be to take up the double award for business since I'm doing single award right now. But then I would have Double Applied business and Applied ICT as my Alevels Although I would probably get AAA I doubt Universitys would be impressed >.< Or I could do it the other way around with Double applied ICT and applied business.. Any thoughts?
4_sophia
Report 9 years ago
Deadfish41
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did maths in one year, but I guess thats cause I "get it". It was fairly easy for me.
JAgg
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by 4_sophia)
Do sociology... I've just done it in a year (independantly, private candidate), got an A at AS and few marks off A at A2... I literally did 2 weeks revision before exams in Jan and exams in June and that's what I got, no joke! You really don't even need lessons in it! Just get Parsons revision book, that's all I did!

If you're predicted AAA anyway, you'll find it piss easy! Sorted!
Which exam board? I'm assuming you took 3 AS units in January and 3 A2 units in summer?
4_sophia
Report 9 years ago
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xx2004ashleigh)
Hi, ive just started intensive one year A Levels in Psychology and in Business Studies....

Personally, i think depending upon your strengths is your best options. I think Psychology is pretty straight forward, but only because i got a B in my Sociology A Level last year...and saying that with minimum work or attendance in classes.

One thing with the intensive courses is that they are more exam driven...meaning if you dont need to know it they arent goin to waste time teaching like they do in Eng Lit for example.

Do most colleges offer these intensive one year A-levels? I've never really heard of them as I went to a traditional sixth-form. How do they work exactly? All the AS exams in January and all the A2 ones in June?
sohaibahmad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey guys, which places are you doing these intensive a levels at? i need to to biology & chem, but don't know where, near yorkshire would be good. not too expensive either,thanks
xx2004ashleigh
Report 9 years ago
Well in in the N.I & as far as i know...i think the rest of the UK works different? not too sure tho?

Yea all AS exams are in Jan 10, and A2 in June 10.

Ive only started but i think its going to bee alot easier to do than my 2 year a levels, as i was doin the legacy spec and had more exams and coursework...with the new spec i have a total of 8 exams all year.

contact your local college/higher education establishment?

p.s Because im under 19 on a certain date ment i only had to pay exam fee's....otherwise each a level costs around £480 to £500! Bit steep!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise