Applying to pharamcy 2010!! Watch

tcdc09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kwjimmy)
well i have still got one more choice for my ucas, i am thinkin of applyin for kings, manchester, nottingham, bath(maybe) .. i did some work experience in an insurence company as a clerk = ='' so its not that stand out ... so .. any suggestions for the last choice ? btw do uni look at predicted grades that much? cos my teacher said that people are often over predicted
well if your going for manchester and nottingham i wouldn't go for bath too - you dont have no work experience which they will look at so you may want to try arrange some. Also they look as predicted grades, which should be based on as levels, our school under-predicts not over. They look at what your capable of in as and what the teachers think of you so both. what predictions/as levels have you got?
tcdc09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fionaflowers)
has anyone sent their forms off yet?
and anyone know how long it will take for offers to come through?
i applied on wednesday and if your applying through a school it should take them no more than 4days to send the application onto ucas, if by then you havent recieved your welcome pack from ucas, check that your reference has actualy sent it
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
Theres a huge increase of pharmacy applicants this year....

Glad its genuninly people who want to do it though, rather than people who want to do medicine but can't (I am sorry if I offend anyone with this, its just something that really annoys me. If minds have been changed/undecided then it is diffierent)

Anyway, predicted grades are unknown, but I want BBBa/BBCa/BBCb by the end of this year

Applying to

1. Reading
2. Herts
3. Kingston
4. Brighton
5. Possibily Medway, or a FdSc (but I don't fancy going uni at 21 if this is the case , I'd go later)
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
Also, any questions should be asked on this thread. Theres a few students there to help with course info (ones at Brighton, ones at medway and we can get some others from other uni's to help too)

The students and I can also answer any application questions
tomster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Theres a huge increase of pharmacy applicants this year....

Glad its genuninly people who want to do it though, rather than people who want to do medicine but can't (I am sorry if I offend anyone with this, its just something that really annoys me. If minds have been changed/undecided then it is diffierent)

Anyway, predicted grades are unknown, but I want BBBa/BBCa/BBCb by the end of this year

Applying to

1. Reading
2. Herts
3. Kingston
4. Brighton
5. Possibily Medway, or a FdSc (but I don't fancy going uni at 21 if this is the case , I'd go later)
I don't think there's a big increase - especially with a quiet pharmacy open day at Bradford and me being the only pharmacy applicant out of 200 students in my year. Also, other schools round my area don't have any other students applying for pharmacy (careers teacher told me so). Taking TSR as an example wouldn't be justified; the forum is getting busier as time goes by.

Your views on wannabe med students are agreeable - Although I wanted to study medicine, I'd opt to go for a pharmacy degree instead - much to the extent that I have declined an ABB offer from Sheffield on their SOAMS scheme.
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tomster)
I don't think there's a big increase - especially with a quiet pharmacy open day at Bradford and me being the only pharmacy applicant out of 200 students in my year. Also, other schools round my area don't have any other students applying for pharmacy (careers teacher told me so). Taking TSR as an example wouldn't be justified; the forum is getting busier as time goes by.

Your views on wannabe med students are agreeable - Although I wanted to study medicine, I'd opt to go for a pharmacy degree instead - much to the extent that I have declined an ABB offer from Sheffield on their SOAMS scheme.
Yea that was the same for me last year. I did mean a big increase of applicants talking about it on TSR compared to last year, I hardly saw any users or threads about it last year. Now go on the pharmacy forum and theres loads. But yea I guess theres more users.

Whats the SOAMS scheme may I ask?
tomster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Yea that was the same for me last year. I did mean a big increase of applicants talking about it on TSR compared to last year, I hardly saw any users or threads about it last year. Now go on the pharmacy forum and theres loads. But yea I guess theres more users.

Whats the SOAMS scheme may I ask?
http://www.shef.ac.uk/schools/soams

fionaflowers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tcdc09)
i applied on wednesday and if your applying through a school it should take them no more than 4days to send the application onto ucas, if by then you havent recieved your welcome pack from ucas, check that your reference has actualy sent it
ok, thank you :)
i sent my UCAS to my referee last tuesday night
so hopefully it should go off in the next couple of days
I just want to get some offers in so I can focus on something
at the moment I don't have anything to work for and it's bothering me a bit :(
tgr141291
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied last night to;

Cardiff
Bath
Manchester
King's
Nottingham

Predicted A*A*A*/a

Just waiting for the interviews now
algérie_mon_amour
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
I'm applying for Pharmacy , I've got an A predicted but I was too scared to talk to my chemistry and biology teachers to ask about my predicted grades coz my coursework messed my grade, for Chemistry I had an A but the examboard's lowered the grade boundaries , so it went down to a C... so I'll have to try to make my teacher get my predicted to at least a B...so I'll hopefully be able to push it up when I retake it.

I'm applying to :

University of East Anglia
De Montfort University

Probably Portsmouth and Aston..

for a back up :

Pharmaceutical Management at Bradford ...

tgr141291
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can't do Pharmacy at Bristol
mithi25
Report 9 years ago
hey guyz ,

I wanted to apply for pharmacy and my predicted grades are A* for maths, C/B for chemistry and C for biology. I chose to apply to Kingston University, Medway School of Pharmacy and University of Central Lancashire as they want 3Bs for it. Do u think they would reject me straight away for having A*CC?

if no, then can I apply to the foundation course they provide for pharmacy through ucas or do I have to apply to pharmacy and if I get rejected that's when I go through clearing to do foundation?

also, I am currently working in ucl hospital for voluntary work until 2011 and I have done my work experience in a dentist. Do u think I will need to get a work experience from a pharmacy in order to apply for pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences?

Thanks.
tomster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
I'm applying for Pharmacy , I've got an A predicted but I was too scared to talk to my chemistry and biology teachers to ask about my predicted grades coz my coursework messed my grade, for Chemistry I had an A but the examboard's lowered the grade boundaries , so it went down to a C... so I'll have to try to make my teacher get my predicted to at least a B...so I'll hopefully be able to push it up when I retake it.

I'm applying to :

De Montfort University

Probably Portsmouth and Bristol..

for a back up :

Sheffielder, aeh?

What school do you go to? We don't get many on TSR!
tcdc09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I'm applying to :

De Montfort University

Probably Portsmouth and Bristol..

for a back up :

bristol dont do pharmacy, do you mean bath?
algérie_mon_amour
Report 9 years ago
Sheffielder, aeh?

What school do you go to? We don't get many on TSR!
Lol

I'm a Tapton..er :p:

You ?
algérie_mon_amour
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tcdc09)
bristol dont do pharmacy, do you mean bath?
Hehe ... I have no idea why I've put Bristol Lol :o: I meant Aston ... there's no link between them I know :yep:
richardj12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mithi25)
hey guyz ,

I wanted to apply for pharmacy and my predicted grades are A* for maths, C/B for chemistry and C for biology. I chose to apply to Kingston University, Medway School of Pharmacy and University of Central Lancashire as they want 3Bs for it. Do u think they would reject me straight away for having A*CC?

if no, then can I apply to the foundation course they provide for pharmacy through ucas or do I have to apply to pharmacy and if I get rejected that's when I go through clearing to do foundation?

also, I am currently working in ucl hospital for voluntary work until 2011 and I have done my work experience in a dentist. Do u think I will need to get a work experience from a pharmacy in order to apply for pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences?

Thanks.
hmmm, i think you'll find it hard/ impossible to get an offer with a C prediction in Chemistry
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by richardj12)
hmmm, i think you'll find it hard/ impossible to get an offer with a C prediction in Chemistry
I got offers with a predicted C in chemistry last year...
tomster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol

I'm a Tapton..er :p:

You ?
Notre Dame

Hmm, I might know you.. Go down ranmoor at dinner?
algérie_mon_amour
Report 9 years ago
Notre Dame

Hmm, I might know you.. Go down ranmoor at dinner?
Not that often tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads