Undecided! Watch

Coy Girl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Could you try one of those little fur stoles or a pashmina for a little warmth?
Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest for dresses, neither seems quite right to me.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Coy Girl)
Could you try one of those little fur stoles or a pashmina for a little warmth?
Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest for dresses, neither seems quite right to me.
I could have a look - see what looks about half decent!

That KM dress for £160 is ideal - but can't afford it and mum said its too expensive. (even though she herself loves the dress).
enigma373
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are you actually comparing the two??? the second dress definitely, forget about the whole inappropriate thing, you're not wearing white.. everything else goes. you're gonna look hooot
anoif_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
I tried the black bolero top on (with the 2nd dress) and it looks quite nice - but ''apparently'' the dress is far too short and informal for a wedding. I tried the bolero on with the 1st dress, ''apparently'' it looks lovely (even though the tied bit for the halter leaves a lump - so I look like the hunch back of notre dame!) I enquired about the KM dress and the answer was no!

So it looks like im wearing dress 1 on the day!

EDIT: Perhaps wear dress 1 to the registry office and then come home and change before going to the reception? (seeing as where I live is on route to the reception place?? . . . )
My mum's exactly the same, whatever I like she doesn't and vice versa. Just try and get to wear the second for the reception, if she doesn't like it then do it anyway :p: Sucks to be the hunchback of Notre Dame - not an attractive look on anyone - though I'm sure it doesn't look that bad!
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by anoif_)
My mum's exactly the same, whatever I like she doesn't and vice versa. Just try and get to wear the second for the reception, if she doesn't like it then do it anyway :p: Sucks to be the hunchback of Notre Dame - not an attractive look on anyone - though I'm sure it doesn't look that bad!
Mum's are a pain in da arse! :tongue: lol

Seriously - I put the jacket on with dress no.1 and I have this lump from where its tied as its halter neck! I just didn't feel comfy in it. But I think I will just wear it for service, come home, change for reception/after party bit - into something I am comfy and happy with.
anoif_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Mum's are a pain in da arse! :tongue: lol

Seriously - I put the jacket on with dress no.1 and I have this lump from where its tied as its halter neck! I just didn't feel comfy in it. But I think I will just wear it for service, come home, change for reception/after party bit - into something I am comfy and happy with.
LOL :p:
And I'm sure it doesn't look too bad but obviously if you don't feel happy wearing it then like you say just come home and change Problem (semi) solved!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads