?
Report 9 years ago
I'm still waiting for my maintenance loan
daytona01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
mine was ALMOST sorted out, apparently i applied for NO finance whatsoever and they sent me a confirmation letter to sign and return.

Applied for just the maintenance loan, and i believe i omitted the two contact details (somehow) so they now need an additional form to be sent off.

I sent it out on the 27th August and got a letter today :o:

I think i heard that their whole system went down early august or something
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
According to the SAAS tracker thing the SLC received my application on 14th september and will get back to me within 14 days. I'll be at uni by then. Nice.

I sent me application on 18th august or round about then. Hoping it gets sorted but glad I've got savings in case my installments are late in coming through.
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
According to the SAAS tracker thing the SLC received my application on 14th september and will get back to me within 14 days. I'll be at uni by then. Nice.

I sent me application on 18th august or round about then. Hoping it gets sorted but glad I've got savings in case my installments are late in coming through.

dont know about how the student support in scotland works but i do know that over here in england i sent my application on 18th august and had it apprroved last week and i also asked for my application to be changed to income assessed and sent the form on 28th august, they have told me they received the details and will amend my payments after i get my initial payment of student loans
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _Shanice_)
A payment schedule letter just basically tells you when your payments are expected to go in your bank. The first one is always late, it always says the first day of term but you don't get it till you've enrolled and the uni has seen it. In 'correspondence' you should be able to see what letters they've sent you so when they sort your payment schedule letter it will be in that section and then you should be able to see the dates and amounts of each installment in the 'payments' section.
Yeah this is my second time round as a fresher so I did the student finance think last year, just wasn't sure what 'Approved' meant when I couldn't see any payments for this year!

There's no correspondence bit when I log in... But anyway my "View payments" thing now has this years payments, not just last year, so yay all done and dusted practically.
_Shanice_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
Yeah this is my second time round as a fresher so I did the student finance think last year, just wasn't sure what 'Approved' meant when I couldn't see any payments for this year!

There's no correspondence bit when I log in... But anyway my "View payments" thing now has this years payments, not just last year, so yay all done and dusted practically.
Well approved means it's approved lol. It's my 2nd time too, but mine got sorted ages ago - I'm really surprised because everyone else seems to have had loads of trouble with it.
chris-ov-hd2
Report 9 years ago
I have received 'Approved ' Status and can see a payment Schedule on the Student Finance website, but my grant isnt being paid so my first loan instalment won't cover my first accommodation installment - how do I go on about paying the accommodation fees when I start Uni on Tuesday??
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chris-ov-hd2)
I have received 'Approved ' Status and can see a payment Schedule on the Student Finance website, but my grant isnt being paid so my first loan instalment won't cover my first accommodation installment - how do I go on about paying the accommodation fees when I start Uni on Tuesday??
maybe you can talk to the uni to defer the payment until you get your loan??
Addy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chris-ov-hd2)
best thing to do is called the people who deal with your accommodation and let them know and they will hopefully be able to help you maybe take some sort of part payment or something
midas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by old_skool)
i hate how they process people who applied in AUGUST before the people who have applied before that

it even says on the student finance website

Application Processing

Applications from mid to late August are currently being processed.

b*******
This. This this this, exactly ******* THIS.

Application sent in March, had to wait until I got my new passport in June for that info to be sent in. Everything has been sent in way before deadling but I am still "being assessed" - boyfriend applied mid-August and is sorted.

Raaaage.

I don't even have any confirmation that I'll even be getting the minimum amount and they'll do my income-assessed later. Nothing. At all.
old_skool
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by midas)
This. This this this, exactly ******* THIS.

Application sent in March, had to wait until I got my new passport in June for that info to be sent in. Everything has been sent in way before deadling but I am still "being assessed" - boyfriend applied mid-August and is sorted.

Raaaage.

I don't even have any confirmation that I'll even be getting the minimum amount and they'll do my income-assessed later. Nothing. At all.
glad to know there are other people in my situation

i wish i sent off my application in august now..instead of way earlier
midas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
glad to know there are other people in my situation

i wish i sent off my application in august now..instead of way earlier
I'm starting to feel the same. It's like "yeah, we're processing applications from August now "

So... WHAT HAPPENED TO MINE?

*lotsofbadwords*

If I could at least get some news on this whole basic loan stuff, I'd be vaguely contented. I'd have SOME money. But... nothing. My application is being "assessed".
old_skool
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by midas)
I'm starting to feel the same. It's like "yeah, we're processing applications from August now "

So... WHAT HAPPENED TO MINE?

*lotsofbadwords*

If I could at least get some news on this whole basic loan stuff, I'd be vaguely contented. I'd have SOME money. But... nothing. My application is being "assessed".
im moving out next sunday (27th) and have no money..and accomodation is like £128.73 per week LOL

o dear
midas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im moving out next sunday (27th) and have no money..and accomodation is like £128.73 per week LOL

o dear
Same. Well, my accommodation is ~£67 a week but the point still stands! I have to, like, eat and sleep and stuff.
steadmusic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well mines changed to Assessd now. Does this mean I will get aletter comin thru soon? I need it b4 27th also lol. Bad times!!
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by steadmusic)
Well mines changed to Assessd now. Does this mean I will get aletter comin thru soon? I need it b4 27th also lol. Bad times!!
nope .. now you need it to change from "assessed" to "approved - awaiting signature" this will take a few more days
steadmusic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spikeeleon)
nope .. now you need it to change from "assessed" to "approved - awaiting signature" this will take a few more days
I havent got time for that lol
I need it sooner rather than later!
I think i'll give em a call again in the morning.
Demand my Letter be sent 1st class at 10am in the morning lol
Addy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
is the awaiting signature for everyone or just for online applicants? I sent forms in
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by steadmusic)
I havent got time for that lol
I need it sooner rather than later!
I think i'll give em a call again in the morning.
Demand my Letter be sent 1st class at 10am in the morning lol
lol .... good luck
a bit of pressure never does any harm

(Original post by Addy88)
is the awaiting signature for everyone or just for online applicants? I sent forms in
its for everyone i believe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed