Lollyage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lm_wfc)
If I was your grandad I'd hang myslelf.
:rofl:

and yeah, since i consider my cousins to be like my brothers and sisters i do find that a bit..erm..odd.
but that's just me is guess.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Joseph90)
http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/facepalm.gif Sorry I'm being a *******.

Yeah you're right. It's only a slightly higher percentage of likelihood of disease in the child. Though it's more strange for the child growing up in a family where his/her parents are related when there is a massive huge stigma on incest made by society, which will be represented by their peers in school.
It's a negligible risk. And why would other kids at school know?
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't have a massive problem with the whole cousins thing at all, maybe partly because I have a relative in the USA - she's a second or third cousin (I think, crap at that sort of thing) and I haven't seen her for years but I have been sent photos and she's very, very attractive.

Either way, it's legal for a reason. It's not like your siblings or anything.
anoif_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Keyblade92)
When you tell your kids that story, they'll listen extra close. That's the upside of having three ears.
LOL.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
It's a negligible risk. And why would other kids at school know?
A negligible risk is still a risk.

News can be spread fast.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
I don't have a massive problem with the whole cousins thing at all, maybe partly because I have a relative in the USA - she's a second or third cousin (I think, crap at that sort of thing) and I haven't seen her for years but I have been sent photos and she's very, very attractive.

Either way, it's legal for a reason. It's not like you're siblings or anything.
Would you though? :p:
EnthusiasticEnthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"Mummy, why do I 3 ears?"

If you want you're kids to be asking you that, then go for it.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A negligible risk is still a risk.

News can be spread fast.
Yes, but love beats that risk, imo. :p:

Can't live your life in fear of what the schoolmates of your future children might say if they somehow found out about something that's not illegal or wrong... maybe that's just me though.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, but love beats that risk, imo. :p:

Can't live your life in fear of what the schoolmates of your future children might say if they somehow found out about something that's not illegal or wrong... maybe that's just me though.
That's true and I wouldn't let stigma influence my own personal decisions in life.

However, the OP needs to consider this and how much they believe they can hold their head high in a cruel society that likes to alienate individuals.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's true and I wouldn't let stigma influence my own personal decisions in life.

However, the OP needs to consider this and how much they believe they can hold their head high in a cruel society that likes to alienate individuals.
True that man! Hurray! Our paths of opinion have now joined.
Vivisteiner
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its your choice but I would advise against it. It will probably lead to big problems down the road, and from a personal point of view it would just feel wrong.

Anyway, from the sounds of it, you're not even in love with him or anything. So don't bring up complications needlessly.
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally I'm okay with it, but if you particularly want a relationship with him you'll have to decide whether it's worth the hassle you'll get from the average person who'll think it's weird.
Crazee'
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hylean)
Nyah, nothing wrong with it. If you want him, go for it.
ewwwwww!
Rennie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would never consider my cousins and we don't spend any time together and weren't brought up together. However, it's legal so I don't see the issue there. I still think, to me, that they're family and it's not quite right. However, do whatever you want!

If you break up it'll surely make things weirder.
Syrokal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go for it to be fair, but only if emotions are there and make sure that they are emotions that would ground a good loving relationship.
I say this, because ive seen this exact scenario work before.

Anyone with even a thread of knowledge would know the chances of any children being born with any sort of Genetic problem is staggeringly low.
kirkh1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if 1st cousin... no. please no. thats too close. even if you dont see them as cousins... they are. think of the weirdness involved in that relationship! and since when was "it isnt illegal" an argument for going ahead for something!

if 2nd or 3rd, thats not too bad. but surely you can find someone else who isnt so closely related!!!!!!

cant you just say wtf to your cousin or something along those lines? like... "sorry but i think you have forgotten something. im your COUSIN. your parent is my parents sibling. geddit?"
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Go for it. It's not illegal!
I'd pork a few of my cousins if I could! :eek2:
Baz1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
go out with him, i have heard of weirder things, a guy i knew fancied his own father, which is much more weirder
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
thats incest break it off........bad things end up happening at the end
Sarmz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Of course they can have children. Don't need to tell friends if she doesn't want. Just say 'I met him through family'.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.01%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.39%

Watched Threads