Is this true... [are privately schooled people more likely to use drugs?] Watch

Metamorphosis_S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm, I find it really strange that people can be so incredibly naive about things. Even the people I know who 'don't to drugs' and are very opinionated about the things a lot of my other friends do still smoke weed. There's a tiny minority of people who actually haven't ever touched anything.
What I'm trying to say with this is that even if people are doing drugs, they're not necessarily deranged psycopaths trying to lure you into their evil ways. Just young people having fun. As far as I can tell it might be true that less states school kids take drugs than people at private schools but I think it's more of a case of them just doing different drugs.
Don't worry so much!
friendly_fiend2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Back to the question 'are privately schooled people more likely to use drugs?'. I thought there was usually a correlation between impoverished areas and drugs usage. The privately educated don't live in the rough areas, though alot of state school students do.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I must say, the private school kids I went to school with were the ones doing weed, smoking **** and getting drunk every weekend, whereas the state school kids were going to church/the mosque/etc and going shopping.

This is generalising, don't take it as fact. I know some private school kids who would never touch a drop of alcohol, just as I know state school kids constantly off their heads.
fabfay
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by friendly_fiend2)
Back to the question 'are privately schooled people more likely to use drugs?'. I thought there was usually a correlation between impoverished areas and drugs usage. The privately educated don't live in the rough areas, though alot of state school students do.

True, but i read that private school kids are targeted as they can afford drug so they are more likely to carry on with the habbit and move onto stronger drugs, whereas in rough areas people are more likely to smoke weed, or drink alot, as they can afford it.
shizzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you have to define what drugs you're talking about. Do you mean weed or hard class A drugs? A little weed has never harmed anyone
contauri
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
fabfay
(Original post by shizzler)
you have to define what drugs you're talking about. Do you mean weed or hard class A drugs? A little weed has never harmed anyone
drugs in general really
lordbonney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fabfay)
drugs in general really
Well theres a fair bit of cannabis, and for other drugs it depends on your group really.

But, in my experience anyway, doing drugs is very diferent to drinking. When everyones drinking there is normally a lot of peer pressure to drink heavily with everyone else (ie. do shots, get involved in the game), but when people are smoking if you dont want any just say so, and most of the time people accept that, no questions asked. Obviously this isnt always true, but in my experience its like that, so I wouldnt think it too likely you'll be made to feel uncomfortable because you're not doing drugs.
friendly_fiend2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
People also tend to be more greedy with the harder stuff like cocaine so definately wont be pressurising you to dip into their stash if you don't want it / wont sort them back.
friendly_fiend2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shizzler)
Emphasis on a 'little' weed. Chronic cannabis use can cause lots of nasty pyschological side effects and is not very conducive to study.
So many people see cannabis as being completely harmless just because it's natural; Anthrax is natural too. Throughout history, many people have had deluded views on the drug in very opposing ways.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the OPs perception on drug users is disturbing.
fabfay
(Original post by 1721)
the OPs perception on drug users is disturbing.

how do you know, what my opinions on drug users are?
shizzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by friendly_fiend2)
Emphasis on a 'little' weed. Chronic cannabis use can cause lots of nasty pyschological side effects and is not very conducive to study.
So many people see cannabis as being completely harmless just because it's natural; Anthrax is natural too. Throughout history, many people have had deluded views on the drug in very opposing ways.
Just like any other drug. Weed has to be smoked responsibly just like alcohol has to be drank responsibly :yep:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
how do you know, what my opinions on drug users are?
because you cant even handle being in the same room as someone who smokes weed.
just because they may take whatever doesnt mean they are any different; doesnt mean you cant get on with them; doesnt mean they are going to rob all your stuff to sell for crack.
fabfay
(Original post by 1721)
because you cant even handle being in the same room as someone who smokes weed.
just because they may take whatever doesnt mean they are any different; doesnt mean you cant get on with them; doesnt mean they are going to rob all your stuff to sell for crack.
i have the right to, not want to be in the same room as people who are 'high' thats entirely my decision, i never once said they were different or whatever else the hell you said, now your just making presumptions arent you!
maybe you just named things you have possibly done?
shizzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i have the right to, not want to be in the same room as people who are 'high' thats entirely my decision, i never once said they were different or whatever else the hell you said, now your just making presumptions arent you!
maybe you just named things you have possibly done?
don't worry OP, ppl high on weed are just friendly, slow, and giggle randomly. If you're sober you will probably prefer being in the same room as them than in a room full of drunks :P
jessieweeden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah at my school drugs are big, about half of the school takes them at partys and socially, and a quater of them are regular users.
But if you dont want them then you dont have to take them. I dont and I am right in the middle of the crowd that do!
Lantick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUdpLUbDSUc

:yep: :yep:
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not necessarily, I went to a uni that had a high percentage of student from state schools and drug taking was rife there.
fabfay
(Original post by Lantick)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUdpLUbDSUc

:yep: :yep:

thats quite good lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (489)
37.7%
No - but I will (100)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (620)
47.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise