Did your parents help you move into halls? Watch

Ultraviolet Midnight
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My parents helped me move into halls - and most other people's parents did too.
stellatommo20
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
[QUOTE=Renal]I moved myself in (bit by bit with a bergen load every weekend) but I was most definitely the exception - even most of the mature students I've helped move in have had mum or dad with them.

Although, if it requires two parents, three siblings, at least one grandparent and various aunties and uncles, you're almost certainly indian and they're almost certainly overdoing it.[/QUOTE]

I just love that last part, so funny and true.

:headbang:
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
Oh God, If my mother crys I'll kill myself... Really don't think she will tho.. (now worrying about it GREAT!)
Slender Loris
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, no way I could take all my stuff on the train. I don't understand when people have their whole family with them though because how is there space in the car? :confused:
nikkila
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kimmi_Bear)
My mum is threatening to sleep on my floor on the first night, I hope she is joking, however, I fear she is being serious, as on the open day she asked (in front of about 1000 people) how the uni feels about relatives staying the rooms. This could not possibly have a happy ending...
Hahahaha. For your sake I hope she is joking too! That would be my worst nightmare, especially as my mum snores like a beast.

What did the uni say back to her lol?
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
Mine are doing that, what's weird about it?
i dont really see the point. i personally want my parents out of the way as quickly as possible!!

the only reason i can possibly see for them doing it, is if its too far for them to get back home that day, so would have to leave the next morning
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikkila)
Hahahaha. For your sake I hope she is joking too! That would be my worst nightmare, especially as my mum snores like a beast.

:rofl: I would well rep that if I could.
Kimmi_Bear
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikkila)

Oh the uni were very accomodating to her request and said yes, up to three nights. :/ I don't really no how to broach the subject, obviously I don't want to fall out with her, afterall she did give me life etc etc. Lol at least she doesn't snore...I guess theres silver lining to every dark cloud :P
Linweth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My parents helped me move in... I had so much stuff I couldn't possibly do it myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed