How do British Girls Feel About American Guys Watch

death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
Er. How about anyone can prefer whatever accents they want?

Idiot.
just what I was thinking.
Burge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
American women like British men, and it seems from this thread that British women like American men. Maybe we should swap..
Delta Usafa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
it's so un manly.
How is that unmanly?!
DJkG.1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aida e)
I agree with this...

...but if you live in California, girls are going to like the sound of a cheaper holiday!
:p:

Fair play to that!

Who wouldn't take up that offer.
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Delta Usafa)
How is that unmanly?!
I love how a mans voice rumbles through you when he talks. American voices for all I have experienced have been too high to do that. I don't find it manly, it's a personal preference.
Delta Usafa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love how a mans voice rumbles through you when he talks. American voices for all I have experienced have been too high to do that. I don't find it manly, it's a personal preference.
I have a deep voice. :woo:
so.simple
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some good looking men over there.
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a deep voice. :woo:
But is that deep to you, as in, higher than an American female's voice, or rumbling deep, like a British man's voice (unless they have some of the accents that see to add a higher pitch to it)

But It's just me, I'm quite particular about this. There is a twang in the US American accents that makes the over all pitch of the voice seem high, I find it annoying.

Of course, If I really liked a guy I could certainly accept it, just as I'd accept him if he had a particularly hideously shaped nose but was a lovely person.
Delta Usafa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But is that deep to you, as in, higher than an American female's voice, or rumbling deep, like a British man's voice (unless they have some of the accents that see to add a higher pitch to it)

But It's just me, I'm quite particular about this. There is a twang in the US American accents that makes the over all pitch of the voice seem high, I find it annoying.

Of course, If I really liked a guy I could certainly accept it, just as I'd accept him if he had a particularly hideously shaped nose but was a lovely person.
Well it doesn't like... rumble... the only rumbling male voice I can think of is James Earl Jones (an American!). I've never even heard a British person with a voice that low unless he was an opera singer.

But I do have a decently low voice. As in lower than most other guys I know (and my British friends agree, so what does that say! :p:)
FatZam
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a British girlfriend for some time due to a studying abroad thing in the states and now I'm moving to London for a year to do my bit of studying abroad. I'm just curious if British girls dig the American accent, Californian lifestyle or anything like that. Or are does it just depend on the person and their attitude as well as physique mostly and the nationality is a minimal role? My ex really really liked my accent and overall demeanor, but I can't take her word for it that everyone else in the UK is gonna feel the same.
For some reason I'm REALLY attracted to American guys. Don't know why ...I kind of enjoy the slightly drawling accent though:p:
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well it doesn't like... rumble... the only rumbling male voice I can think of is James Earl Jones (an American!). I've never even heard a British person with a voice that low unless he was an opera singer.

But I do have a decently low voice. As in lower than most other guys I know (and my British friends agree, so what does that say! :p:)
Perhaps you don't really get what I mean >.< it's hard to explain I guess.

But no matter, we'll most probably never meet IRL and I probably won't come on to you if we did I'm sure you're a darling though.

edit: that's not to say I'm in the habit of coming on to random blokes
Delta Usafa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But no matter, we'll most probably never meet IRL
Yeah, probably not.

and I probably won't come on to you if we did I'm sure you're a darling though.
Weh-ell, I wouldn't say that...

You're all talk here, but you may find that my accent is near IMPOSSIBLE to resist! :p:
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, probably not.

Weh-ell, I wouldn't say that...

You're all talk here, but you may find that my accent is near IMPOSSIBLE to resist! :p:
Ah, yes, you may yet cure me!
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually, I seem to recall the way the Californians said 'Person' and 'Ocean' somewhat sexy.

oh bleagh, I'm clearly a janner, it's all coming out now:rofl:
Delta Usafa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually, I seem to recall the way the Californians said 'Person' and 'Ocean' somewhat sexy.

oh bleagh, I'm clearly a janner, it's all coming out now:rofl:
Haaa, I knew it! Person ocean person ocean person ocean.

(What is a janner?)
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haaa, I knew it! Person ocean person ocean person ocean.

(What is a janner?)
Damn you, now come here and say that like a man!

Janner is an affectionate (lol) Devonian (Devon people) term for someone who lives and is brought up by the sea side. :yep:

Devon is the bit below Wales. The fat growth of a country on the west of England, (I'm not being condescending, but some Americans don't know Wales)
xxxpenguinnnxxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend met an American guy over here and was obsessed about him
She loved his accent and everything hahaa
Yeeah i'm sure you'll find a looverrly girl here

I mean, Americans aren't everyone's cup of tea, but everyone has different tastes, right?
Yeah obv personality and stuff comes into it as well
That American guy my friend met turned out to be quite a jerk a few months down the line...

You'll have as much chance of finding someone as a guy who grew up here
So yeeah *wishes luck*
Miss_Scarlet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Love them !!!

American women tend to be annoying though!
Boy with The Arab Strap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Damn you, now come here and say that like a man!

Janner is an affectionate (lol) Devonian (Devon people) term for someone who lives and is brought up by the sea side. :yep:

Devon is the bit below Wales. The fat growth of a country on the west of England, (I'm not being condescending, but some Americans don't know Wales)
I wouldn't if I were you. The South coast of England is.... ****** up.
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Boy with The Arab Strap)
I wouldn't if I were you. The South coast of England is.... ****** up.
Where as in Scotland we punch people who are on fire :awesome:

But the south coast of England is ****** up? Elaborate?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads