PES2010 - Demo Watch

Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Joseph90)
Well put. On N64/PS1 it was EA > Konami. On PS2/XBox it was Konami > EA. On 360/PS3 it's EA > Konami.

Liverpool, Barcelona and Spain look amazing. The pitch is like a green carpet.
I think PES should just sell their assests to 2K-sports and let them have a go - If you have a look at NBA2k9/NBA2K10 now, I think they'd be up to the job of producing a top notch game.

Konami have run out of ideas.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sell it to EA Sport, and combine forces with FIFA, innit. - Just not using anything involved with PES... :lol:

Basically, just kill it off.
Joseph90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Sell it to EA Sport, and combine forces with FIFA, innit. - Just not using anything involved with PES... :lol:

Basically, just kill it off.
If word of mouth of this demo gets around enough, sales for this year's PES will be low. If it doesn't turn itself around next year, it will probably be discontinued.
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well put. On N64/PS1 it was EA > Konami. On PS2/XBox it was Konami > EA. On 360/PS3 it's EA > Konami.

Liverpool, Barcelona and Spain look amazing. The pitch is like a green carpet.

Will take half an hour or so. Tell us what you think. You might hate it more than I do!
fifa was an alright demo,
graphics were awful for an EA game. i think the penalties are too slow and when you lob the keeper he takes a light year to get back to his line or even conjure enough logic to react in time. but it seems good
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If word of mouth of this demo gets around enough, sales for this year's PES will be low. If it doesn't turn itself around next year, it will probably be discontinued.
I think that might be the best thing for it, tbh.

ISS was so much better then this crap now, back in the olden days!

Worth a rent, if nothing else.

The Online servers will still be glitchy as ****. Typical Konami there.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

The online play for PES has always been awful.

PES 1 on the PS2 was a revolution. Now that revolution has expired and is out of fashion. Time for the new king that is FIFA.
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest i came really hoping PES was better this year but wow, i actually feel like i wasted my time download + playing it and ive downloaded lots of crappy games in my time. Fifa 10 demo is miles better, there really is no contest unless the full game is dramatically better i see fifa 10 toppling PES even more than last year.
thewait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Am I the only that actually quite enjoyed the demo lol. Yes obviously they were some things that pissed me off like how **** the tackling is, and how some players first touches are atrocious, but hearing that this is no way near the final game (seeing as its coming out late oct when Fifa is coming out 1st october) am actually pretty happy with what its showing so far.

For the 1st time ever I feel like the new PES gameplay isn't slow, the've actually got the speed right seems more fluid than Fifa which is just too fast. Just hoping that they iron out the small little niggles, with the stupid tackling, movement etc and that'll make me happy. Don't know what people are talking about with the crossing scored a beautiful over head kick with Ibrahimovic and shotting long distance with Gerrard produces some beautiful goals. Feel this year PES is getting closer to its best (PES5), hopefully with the final game they'll manage to sort out all these minor issues.
Salastico7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Llynus)
Apparently the demo isn't anything like the finished game. It's an old build from July-ish time. Only about 60% finished on that version. I'll be waiting till the game is actually released to test it out.
That's what they every year and the last two have been horrible!
Recall
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

They were indeed the good old days - the days of Bergkamp, Batistuta and Colin Hendry :eek:

The series is a shadow of what it once was. I wish Konami would revert back to concentrating on the gameplay rather than trying to seduce us with fancy licences and graphics. :mad:
Llynus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Salastico7)
True. But I think horrible is a bit far.

Had a long 4 player session on the demo last night, it's not great, but it's not awful. I enjoyed the FIFA demo more, but that's probably because I had some emphatic wins. Still not sure which I'm going to go for. I guess it depends on if FIFA can sort their manager mode, PES Master League is a large factor in why I've prefered PES in most of it's incarnations. Nearly switched last year, because although the FIFA manager mode was pretty lame, the Be A Pro made up for it.

Might just get Madden instead :p:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Recall)
They were indeed the good old days - the days of Bergkamp, Batistuta and Colin Hendry :eek:

The series is a shadow of what it once was. I wish Konami would revert back to concentrating on the gameplay rather than trying to seduce us with fancy licences and graphics. :mad:
Oh hell yeah, they were the days! :cool: None of this Pansy Fernando Torres or Robin Van Persie rubbish! Proper "ard nut" footballers. :lol:

It's almost an insult to actually associate this game with the old skool ISS.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Impressions after 2 quick games.

Better graphics than FIFA10 demo. Players look realistic, fifa10's look crap (fat heads, general unlikeness)

Don't like the new team/strategy screens/options. They are just trying to imitate fifa imo (from my basic knowledge of fifa-I prefer previous pro's menus-ie: Pro evo 09.

Players get stuck on opposing players and movement in general is worse than fifa10 demo. I don't get the feeling of 360 movement like I do with fifa10. The balls in pro evo seem 'stuck' to the floor or heavier than fifa10 which seems much more fluid than pro evo.

I did get into the pro evo demo, I think its more due to "more of the same" (I play a lot of pro evo 09) than anything being remotely better. the menus pissed me off.

2 of my housmeates are avid pro players, one enjoyed the fifa10 demo and felt it was much more realistic and better. The other wasn't fussed, hes more into playing what hes used too.

the decider is the manager modes, I have no experience of Fifas. If the pro evo one is improved I will be temtped due to that. if fifa equals/is better than pros I'll go for that. Can I ask what people prefer in terms of manager modes: Fifa or Pro?
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
AFAIK, just like last year, the demo is from a different, earlier build of the game than the actual final release.

So it's best to remember that, I think the final version is a fair bit tweaked.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why release an earlier build? Silly idea. I think it was rushed to compete with the fifa demo (which also has an earlier release date)
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Salastico7)
Exactly... Which is why I'm quite PESsimistic about this years version.

I'm not stating that they haven't improved PES at all, as thats not true. It's a great improvement to last years - I don't really understand how to turn to be honest on the game and I don't know why they chose to use the right analogue stick for through balls, I used to use it for first touch control into a position i'd like to move into.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Impressions after 2 quick games.

Better graphics than FIFA10 demo. Players look realistic, fifa10's look crap (fat heads, general unlikeness)

Don't like the new team/strategy screens/options. They are just trying to imitate fifa imo (from my basic knowledge of fifa-I prefer previous pro's menus-ie: Pro evo 09.

Players get stuck on opposing players and movement in general is worse than fifa10 demo. I don't get the feeling of 360 movement like I do with fifa10. The balls in pro evo seem 'stuck' to the floor or heavier than fifa10 which seems much more fluid than pro evo.

I did get into the pro evo demo, I think its more due to "more of the same" (I play a lot of pro evo 09) than anything being remotely better. the menus pissed me off.

2 of my housmeates are avid pro players, one enjoyed the fifa10 demo and felt it was much more realistic and better. The other wasn't fussed, hes more into playing what hes used too.

the decider is the manager modes, I have no experience of Fifas. If the pro evo one is improved I will be temtped due to that. if fifa equals/is better than pros I'll go for that. Can I ask what people prefer in terms of manager modes: Fifa or Pro?
I prefer Master League on PES. I always make my own team and I love signing the 17 year olds that become the best players in the world like Shaw, Orellano and Shimizu.
Recall
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Can I ask what people prefer in terms of manager modes: Fifa or Pro?
I've always been a fan of the Master League in Pro as it's easy to get into while at the same time having a great lifespan. Although apparently the FIFA manager mode allows you to move between teams which would certainly freshen things up a bit when, as they say, you've 'taken the club as far as you can'. It appears to be a sort of diluted champ manager with options to improve defensive/attacking coaches and send scouts to Africa etc. It uses a real money system too which I gather Pro is also doing this year.
Recall
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
[QUOTE=It's almost an insult to actually associate this game with the old skool ISS[/QUOTE]

Too true - bring back ISS with the real Castello, Vorlander and Stromer :yep:
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^I miss ISS on the SNES and having old unlicensed players.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed