Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the term "free thinker" to atheist. either way, sign me up!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 8 months and this thread finally starts to seem some action.

I really hope this society does take off. It's always nice to meet like-minded people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely in. Please PM me as well. I'd love to be a part of it all, organizing, debating - you name it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Catholic, but I based on the OP I like the sounds of this group. You guys seem like the cool kind of atheists (as opposed to the annoying/preachy kind). I hope this club works out!

ReputationRep:
    If you guys are interested in joining, why not join the Facebook group. At the moment its a bit dead in the water due to lack of use so I'm sure an influx of new members might spur some activity.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=301304875576

I've already posted (top of the wall). Why not join in.

ReputationRep:
    Is this Atheist Society still alive? I will study this year in September at UCL. Please let me know whether I can join your group.

ReputationRep:
    This is an excellent idea! I played with the idea of forming an Atheist Society during my time at UCL, but I was too busy with another society! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Did the Atheist society ever materialise? Were there enough people to keep it going? I was on my YA last year but I'd be quite keen to participate next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_world)
    Did the Atheist society ever materialise? Were there enough people to keep it going? I was on my YA last year but I'd be quite keen to participate next year.
    We are getting it started this year. We'd love to have you involved and I'd recommend you join the [http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=102142276513892]facebook group[/url]. We are planning to have a meet-up to get things organised some time either this week or next. Are you in London and able to join us?

ReputationRep:
    11 members!

ReputationRep:
    14 members!

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick note: the facebook group has moved to here to avoid problems people were having with not being in the right network and stuff like that. If anyone had problems joining before, this new group should let you do it just fine.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.