Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty good, OP. I've spent loads so far.

ReputationRep:
    Hope i only spend that much each week (have a budget of £70 so means can put some to the side). In my first week i spent about £170 but this week i've only spent £15 (probably due to going home last weekend and my mum buying me enough food to last weeks :P )

ReputationRep:
    ermm whats the big deal... i've only spent £15 each week so far and i live in london....im spending half of that:p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well I spend about 40/50 pound a week so less than that. Im not at uni though, but do drink etc.

ReputationRep:
    Whether it's a lot of money to spend in a week depends on how much you have, so it is a bit of a stupid question to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Thats nothing, really.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's nothing...I'd say I average between £80 and £100 a week on average :mmm:

And even then I scrounge...a lot. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    £36 is amazing! Keep that up you'll be fine.
    During my freshers two weeks ago i spent ~£900 Not proud of that at all, but it's done now.

ReputationRep:
    I probably spent more than that every day

ReputationRep:
    impressive stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I spent like £250 :/

ReputationRep:
    I have about £45 to spend a week.. I know I've spent more than that a week in the past 3 weeks but I'm expecting to calm down a bit now Freshers is done with :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty good, though I spent only about £15 in my first week, the drinks were cheap at the union and the pints were only £2, though my parents did supply me with alcohol and food before hand.
    The real money killer is buying lunch and using those vending machines

ReputationRep:
    My weekly shop this week was £11.92 (for self-catered) good times! And some of that is stuff that'll last a lot more than a week!

ReputationRep:
    £36.15 is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    That's crazy, I haven't checked how much I've spent but my friends have spent atleast £100-£200 on their first week... We are in London though, not that I actually believe that makes much difference. Most of that is on alcohol to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I spent about £200 in the first week...
    Now I'm aiming at about £70/week

Did you not eat? Or drink? Or go out?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.