Turn on thread page Beta

how dirty are your housemates? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine arn't too bad, everyone leaves stuff all over the kitchen, when we can't be bothered to clean up, but we still do the washing up, after drunken nights out the hall and kitchen is sometimes messy, with drink bottles and glasses everywhere, and oddly a traffic cone, and bubble wrap

ReputationRep:
    I live at home.

My sister is a pig when it comes to tidying, but at least it's mess I'm used to. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wintersunset)
    lol so????
    It's a bit unhygienic isn't it?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I live on my own :woo:

I do get annoyed at my own lack of tidyness something, though :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    We're all fairly laid back about the pots and pans, I think. We'll wash up the same evening, but generally leave the stuff out on the work surfaces to dry. I'm not the only one who does it, so i guess no one else has a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igohardondis)
    dude how the **** did you get rejected from those four unis with 8 A*'s at gcse?
    lol, do you know how many times I've been asked asked this question...

In short, rubbish PS and maybe some bad luck. But who knows

ReputationRep:
    They're not that bad really except one of them leaves their pots in the sink, I mean how hard is it really to just wash them and put them away whilst you're there?

ReputationRep:
    We had an egg fight with some people outside last night.
    I had to stand on a chair, drunk, at 4am and wipe egg off the ceiling. Today I had to scrub down every surface in the kitchen, due to an orange coating on EVERYTHING.

The warden is not impressed.

No-one else in my flat seemed bothered by it all.

ReputationRep:
    yeah.....im glad my flatmates arent this stressy... i get it if its like a danger to your health, or if there is physically no room to do anything, but cmon we are students just chill out abit. some of the things people ahve listed are very gross, but some others just make you sound very anal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Care to elaborate?
    Wrong kinda dirty on my part lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've come to accept that the majority of students at my university have been brought up with no awareness of what a mess is and how to prevent it. It's still depressing though.

I have some time off this week so I might start a cheap website for people to submit photos of messed-up student kitchens and stuff! (..right after I've dealt with the fallout from my flatmate's halloween party that is)

ReputationRep:
    Mine are pretty alright, though the floors are oft a state. My roommate's awesome though, and tidy and so clean
    The other night my friend threw up in his flatmate's ensuite though (she wasn't in :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wintersunset)
    by the side of the sink where the dishes are dried, i always notice they are never rinsed. they leave them there with soap water (which they used to clean them with) on them.
    what the hell is wrong with that? Everyone does that, your not normal for rinsing them!

ReputationRep:
    My housemates are relatively clean... if the bins full they usually empty it, usually vacuum the living room etc, and keep on top of their washing up. However they have an annoying habit of defrosting meat on the top shelf of the fridge in a leaky sandwich bag so it drips onto everyone elses food, not buying anything when they use the last of it like washing up liquid etc, and not wiping the side after using it to prepare food.

On the whole though they're not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Last year in halls was a nightmare, there were four boys and two of us girls. Two of the boys were incredibly messy, leaving pans on the side for weeks and not cleaning worktops that kind of thing. The kitchen bin was always overflowing on a weekend when the cleaner werent in. The one weekend I got well miffed and threw the overflowing bin down the hallway, all the boys came out of their rooms and cleaned it up, after that it never overflowed again

This year I live with 6 other girls and there is a jobs rota which changes everyweek. It works out quite well to be honest. We also have a system withe the dishwasher with rinsing everything and washing pans by hand.

ReputationRep:
    The bathrooms are always kept clean

The kitchen however is generally used as people's second wardrobe so there is stuff lying about, they leave the bin so that it starts to overflow and no one thinks to empty it :mad: they go out wednesday and leave the kitchen in a state when cleaners are in thursday so the same people (i.e myself and others) end up cleaning it to avoid fines. tbh the kitchen sides/hobs are normally clean its more the seating area and it's not a bio hazard yet

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.