Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i applied at bham, liverpool,dundee, portsmouth and at bham 4 biomed materials.
    And i jus gt my offer 4 biomed at bham, bt jus w8in on bham 4 dental hyg/thr ...wud lov 2 go dr my 1st choice =)

ReputationRep:
    ive got an interview at bham too on the 21st, dont really know what to expect though?! good luck with anyone whos got a manc interview soon.
    and dont worry i havent heard from either lpool or portsmouth either yet x

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for Leeds? I just found out I've got an interview in Jan!
    x

ReputationRep:
    nope i havent applied to leeds, did u apply through ucas? i didnt spot leeds on the list. is it a bsc degree? i stil havent heard anything from anywhere :/ r you applyin with alevels?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt know about the leeds course either. Those of you who have a Birmingham interview on the 21st are u all ready? all of a sudden I'm starting to feel nervous about it hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    The leeds course is a diploma, for 2 maybe.. 3 years, i can't remember. You cannot apply through ucas either its is totally separate, thats why it didnt come up on the courses that you can apply for through ucas. There are quite a few other courses like that but they are all diplomas and you have to apply separately.
    Got my Bham interview tomorrow too, good luck to everyone else x

ReputationRep:
    how were bham interviews for those who had them today? did they ask anything too hard?

ReputationRep:
    is the Leeds course only for people who are already dental nurses/techs?
    That's how it looks on their website.

ReputationRep:
    was it just me or did they not know how to smile at bham lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuckyLeaf)
    is the Leeds course only for people who are already dental nurses/techs?
    That's how it looks on their website
    Maybe you should try contacting them for more information.

(Original post by cookie12)
    Haha I did get that impression too, but some of them were ok. I had to wait quite long in the waiting area outside because they were running late, was that the same with you?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is a diploma and I think diploma's are aimed at people who are already dental nurses and older and degree's are for people who are just finishing a levels but anyone can apply for both.
    What did they ask you at your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at bham and i felt like that too, but the other people there wa saying they were nice, so i was abit confused. They really grilled me about everything.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.. Has anyone applied to Cardiff..? Or knows anyone whos applied there.. If so has anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    i have applied to cardiff for the diphe in both the hygiene and the combined course. havent heard anything yet. anyone else applied for the diphe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie12)
    My interview went really really bad and i am actually hoping that i dont go there! It was as if they were sucking my life out. I did try to answer their questions but they looked so unimpressed. In the end I actually gave up. I think i was doomed from the word go since the stupid receptionist actually directed me into the interview room lol!

Did any of you feel like it was quite badly organised??

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things did they ask u?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, what kind of questions did they ask, were they based on your personal statment or about the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossipgirl91)
    My interview went really really bad and i am actually hoping that i dont go there! It was as if they were sucking my life out. I did try to answer their questions but they looked so unimpressed. In the end I actually gave up. I think i was doomed from the word go since the stupid receptionist actually directed me into the interview room lol!

Did any of you feel like it was quite badly organised??
    I FELT EXACTLY THE SAME. haaha
    yes i did.. i had to wait ages, they were running really late, and didnt even get a chance to look around properly like i did at manc. manc was so much friendlier and just so much nicer.. i havent heard from them yet though, does anyone know when they give offers out?
    yeah i got absolutely grilled at bham, they also had all my school records and im re sitting a module in summer from last year which they also knew about, im not really too bothered but im sure they are not allowed to know. also just kept questioning me on things that i didnt expect, and yeah they looked completely unimpressed.. i concluded they must look like that all the time because their face expression didn't change throughout the whole 20mins.. haha

ReputationRep:
    lol I thought the secretary/receptionist (or whoever that was that showed me the way to the interview room) was quite friendly and approachable but most of the interviewers in the actual interview room had neutral expressions which was intimidating in a way :s

AB22 and RJH090384 - They asked questions like why Bham? Why this course? few questions about my PS including things about work exp. and a few questions about the course.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: If the interviewers are that grilling/emotionless... what will it be like attending Uni there?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.