Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh!! I got my acknowledgement email today. And so It begins.. Again.. =S I'm sooo scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Ahhh!! I got my acknowledgement email today. And so It begins.. Again.. =S I'm sooo scared!
    Another BSMS +UEA buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    Another BSMS +UEA buddy
    Yup! =D

Why the :-/ next to BSMS?

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm the only one not to recieve an email from UEA..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    When did you send it? I sent mine on monday and got acknowledged today.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! They said they have a lot to get through at the moment. You'll get yours in due course! =] You'll probably get an interview with it.. Haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    When did you send it? I sent mine on monday and got acknowledged today.

Monday aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Don't worry! They said they have a lot to get through at the moment. You'll get yours in due course! =] You'll probably get an interview with it.. Haha!
    Hmm. I'm not so sure. I'm really stressed out about it all at the moment, however I think the anxiety stems from how worried I am about the bmat, I'm finding it so hard I'm even finding the biology, and chemistry questions hard, in which I orginally thought I was quite good at

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I'm not so sure. I'm really stressed out about it all at the moment, however I think the anxiety stems from how worried I am about the bmat, I'm finding it so hard I'm even finding the biology, and chemistry questions hard, in which I orginally thought I was quite good at

Awww.. *hugs* I'm sure you'll do great though. You've been practising for it loads, unlike me.. I get home every day and just want to sleep..

Anyways, UEA will let you know that they have your application soon. I guarantee it! They are trying to get on top of things. They have approximately 1400 applicants to send emails too. So they'll get to you soon enough. =]

How's M&S going? Fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Awww.. *hugs* I'm sure you'll do great though. You've been practising for it loads, unlike me.. I get home every day and just want to sleep..

Anyways, UEA will let you know that they have your application soon. I guarantee it! They are trying to get on top of things. They have approximately 1400 applicants to send emails too. So they'll get to you soon enough. =]

How's M&S going? Fun?

M&S has been so tiring! I've been doing the same, coming home and just wanting to do nothing! At least, your doing academic stuff, so it is indirectly helping with all the bmat skills!

ReputationRep:
    M&S has been so tiring! I've been doing the same, coming home and just wanting to do nothing! At least, your doing academic stuff, so it is indirectly helping with all the bmat skills!

Not when it's confusing me dy in day out. Lol! And not when there's no time to do any BMAT prep because of coursework. (3 a week! =O I feel like I am doing an oxbridge course with the number of essays and practical writeups I have to do. I guess it does prepare me for uni though.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Not when it's confusing me dy in day out. Lol! And not when there's no time to do any BMAT prep because of coursework. (3 a week! =O I feel like I am doing an oxbridge course with the number of essays and practical writeups I have to do. I guess it does prepare me for uni though.)

That course sounds really good! What sort of science is it? If it gives you a good shot at Imperial then I guess it's worth it!

ReputationRep:
    That course sounds really good! What sort of science is it? If it gives you a good shot at Imperial then I guess it's worth it!
    I'll PM you. I don't want to be taking the thread in another direction. =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Yup! =D

Why the :-/ next to BSMS?
    Because I know there's no hope whatsoever, you'll see, I'll get a straight rejection on the 1st of December Its hopeless becasue I have nothing special and my PS is ordinary etc etc :mad:

But its my dream to study Med there, its so beautiful and I love it's med program/ teaching style too (early patient contact)

oh well....... :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    Because I know there's no hope whatsoever, you'll see, I'll get a straight rejection on the 1st of December Its hopeless becasue I have nothing special and my PS is ordinary etc etc :mad:

But its my dream to study Med there, its so beautiful and I love it's med program/ teaching style too (early patient contact)

oh well....... :-/
    Be more optimistic. A realistic optimist that is.. Believe, and it may just happen. =]

I agree that it is gorgeous and the med syllabus there is really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    If any of you have any questions about UEA let me know
    How strict are they on their GCSE requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whatsinaname)
    How strict are they on the GCSE requirements?
    Minimum 6a's i think.. its on their site

ReputationRep:
    I know what the requirements are...... I just wanted to know how strict they are about them.... some med schools still hand out offers even if you don't meet their min req's..... others are really anal about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whatsinaname)
    I know what the requirements are...... I just wanted to know how strict they are about them.... some med schools still hand out offers even if you don't meet their min req's..... others are really anal about them.
    You're very wrong.

Minimum requirements must me met. The only way you can get around this is if you had extenuating circumstances with regards to your studies and examinations. Or if you go to a crappy school, although this is very unlikely. Whether you get an offer (6A's is nothing) depends on your situation, not how "anal" different medical schools are. On the other hand, I'm sure if you just meet the bare minimum requirements, the ad. tutors won't mind turning the blind eye if your application is "accidentally" directed towards the bin. Just because of the competition.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no, you're very wrong actually.

People have got offers for medicine without meeting the GCSE requirements. In fact, the e-mail I got from Southampton last week stated, 'we can make a concession for GCSE results if the application is strong in all other areas'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.