Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathmaster3000)
    Doesn't that depend what they or you class as the average applicant?
    Not really. we have got the unconditional probabilities for the 2 years. So if you take at random an 06/07 applicant and give me no other info I say that the probability they got an offer is 0.4167. Similarly with an 07/08 applicant it is 0.5146

ReputationRep:
    From Warwick and Durham?
    I know Durham asked for an A in Economics last year from people.

Overall, your chances hang in the balance with Warwick and Durham (lower chance for Warwick), all dependent on your personal statement quality. I'd say an average personal statement and you'll be rejected from Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    Not really. we have got the unconditional probabilities for the 2 years. So if you take at random an 06/07 applicant and give me no other info I say that the probability they got an offer is 0.4167. Similarly with an 07/08 applicant it is 0.5146
    Oh yes they does actually make sese to me now you have explained it like that , then an above average applicant will usually have a greater chance of getting an offer. So you put me as a below average candidate . lol. Due just to the lack of Economics I hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I know Durham asked for an A in Economics last year from people.

Overall, your chances hang in the balance with Warwick and Durham (lower chance for Warwick), all dependent on your personal statement quality. I'd say an average personal statement and you'll be rejected from Warwick.
    But not everyone who got an offer did Economics? I have put my PS in the TSR PS helper thing so I am just waiting to see if it is any good or not? Spose if it doesn't get looked at soon I am just going to have to apply with it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes they does actually make sese to me now you have explained it like that , then an above average applicant will usually have a greater chance of getting an offer. So you put me as a below average candidate . lol.
    Yes
    Due just to the lack of Economics I hope?
    Well as I said before there are a number of issues:
    Weaknesses
    i) No Economics (or Business)
    ii) 4 AS-levels but not sure how respected Art is.
    iii) 6 GCSE A*s (LSE like 9, but enough for Durham who like 5).

Neutral
    i)4 A-levels but not sure how respected Art is.
    ii)FM A-level but AS grade c (A2 predicted B

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 18, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.